The Twilight Zone

A Hundred Yards over the Rim

Aired Unknown Apr 07, 1961 on CBS

• New Fronteer

This is basically another time travel story but it's one that is done right and is rather touching.

What really powers this story is Cliff Robertson's acting, from the way he reacts toward our modern day reality you truely get a sense of a man who is outside of his own time. And you really can't help but feel a bit of pathos for him as we see him a tired, slightly desperate, but determined man who is looking not just for medicine to help his son but hope of a future for him and everyone in their perilous trek. And of course he sees a history book and has the knowledge that everything for his son will be alright as well as the knowledge on how far people like him have truely came and have made a difference.

In a way this episode is sort of a thank you letter to all of the pioneers of the past, showing that if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have came as far as we have right now, but most of all a hopeful message that there is always a bright future to look out for and is worth making a journey toward.