The Twilight Zone

A Kind of a Stopwatch

Aired Unknown Oct 18, 1963 on CBS

7.8
  • the man was the bomb!!

i loved this episode!! Its is womderful and well written and it was very interesting. i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it l love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love t i love it i love it!!!!
  • Time Stops

This episode is one of the most memorable stories that has of course been parodied and ripped of many times but this one is the genuine article.

Patrick Thomas the protagonist in the tale is unfortunately self absorbed man that is living in his own world and a legend in his own mind. He has tons of inventive and creative ideas (most of them just plain silly)he is barking up the wrong tree to make them possible which is why they never happen, the girl he likes is really a flozzy and has no attraction to him (or compassion), he brags about glories he has never achieved, and simply the man does nothing to make his dreams come true, he's all talk but no action; he even has no real friends because he's too rapped up in himself, the barkeep Patrick goes to for drinks all the time that he talks to as a friend can't stand him (and mainly because he purposefully interupts an ongoing ballgame). But suddenly he receives this gift a stopwatch which can of course stop time. This story is pritty much a lesson about time, how everyone of us truely have time on our hands and we can control it and have the abiltity to do what we want within it, accomplish what we need to move foward. Patrick has been granted the greatest gift, but as we see he has unfortunately misused it, by playing a lot of pranks and is going to breach moral ethics with it, instead of setting himself to do what he wanted to do, and in the end time ran out and just like before he went nowhere.
  • A man is given a stopwatch by a stranger that he finds does more than just keep the time.

An interesting story that i\'m sure everyone has fantasized about before. This guy gets a stopwatch that can stop time, and he doesn\'t even know how to use it well. He pulls a prank on his boss, but the man has no idea how to use time manipulation. Maybe it\'s just the mind of a teenager working, but there are lots of cooler things that you could find to do with the stopwatch.Nonetheless a great episode, and a just twist in the end that gets this guy back for trying to steal from a bank. The ending was kind of predictable, but the episode was still pretty cool.
  • After being fired from his job, Patrick McNulty goes to a local bar where he drives all the customers away except one: a drunken man named Potts. For buying him a beer, Potts gives McNulty a gift: a unique kind of stopwatch. How unique? You will see.

7.8
    This episode has a very clever premise. However it may be a victim of its own attempts at perfection. Just two minutes into this episode I was just as annoyed at McNulty as everybody in the episode was! I understand that is the whole idea, but I think this episode shows some things can be done too well for their own good. The irritating McNulty took away from my enjoyment of this episode which, like many other "Twilight Zone" episodes, will make you think twice about what you wish for. This is not a perfect episode, but one worth seeing.
WZME