The Twilight Zone

A Penny For Your Thoughts

Aired Unknown Feb 03, 1961 on CBS

• While this episode was about telepathy, I believed it went further by begging the viewer to ask himself: is it more rewarding to have your honest thoughts actually heard by others, instead of keeping them secret?

It seems that today's TV shows or episodes focused on the telepathy theme usually involve some evil, sinister or troubling plot. But the Twilight Zones A Penny For Your Thoughts offers the viewer something much lighter.

Written by George Clayton Johnston over 46 years ago, A Penny For Your Thoughts is a clever episode that is still fun to watch today.

I laughed and sympathized with Hector Pooles situation as he comes to terms with his new telepathic ability. Pooles quirky mannerisms and facial expressions reminded me of a Jim Carey or Jack Lemmon in their early careers.

SYFY