The Twilight Zone

A Short Drink from a Certain Fountain

Aired Unknown Dec 13, 1963 on CBS

• This was one of my favorite episodes of Twilight Zone, but they did make a couple of mistakes...

7.4
    I noticed that the woman\\\'s cigarette length got smaller than bigger during the first few scenes, something that evidently others have noticed as well. For those who haven\\\'t seen it, in trying to keep up with his younger wife (forty years younger!), a man convinces his brother to inject him with an experimental youth serum. The serum, of course, works all too well. At the end of the show we discover that the man has been regressed into babyhood.

In one of the last scenes, we see the baby. He sits in a bed wearing an oversized pajama top, but where did his brother come up with the tiny shoes and little socks? And why would a baby in bed be wearing tiny, black leather shoes? Frankly, I think it would have been fun if, at the end of the show, we see him dressed only in an improvised diaper of some sort.

His brother mentions something about \\\'being in shock\\\'. How great it would have been if, instead of just blankly staring, the baby squealed \\\'Help me! Help me!\\\' It would have been perfect if viewers realized that the man was now trapped in a baby\\\'s body, leaving the wife that he loved so much even more inaccessable than when he was an old man. And much more in line with the \\\'ewwww\\\' factor so many of us find delicious in TZ episodes.
SYFY