The Twilight Zone

An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge

Aired Unknown Feb 28, 1964 on CBS

• Death Dream

This is another one of my all time favorate episode and one of the Twilight Zone's last great one's. This whole epiosode is in reality of course a French short film and it's a very emotional and haunting story at that.

This whole episode has next to no dialog, nor much of a story, this one is more about moodness and emotional that we feel in the minutes which really give this episode a sense of participation. The person about to be hanged we feel pathos for because he's in the last minutes of his life and we see he from a brief flashback or two he wishes to spend with his wife. Once we see the rope breaking we feel sweet relief and just endure the biss of nature that he is observing. We also feel a sense of anticipation and suspense as we hear gunshots and footsteps we feel the same kind of things he's feel, I remember I was constantly hoping this guy wouldn't get captured by them, wanting him to run as fast as he can from captivity or worst death. And once again we feel relief and a sense of santuary and warmth when we see that the guy has finally made it back home to his wife, we see the wife there standing their to meet him holding out her arms and he is walking toward her.
    But then we see a rather cruel and sad twist at the end, when we discover the whole thing was a dream and he has just died.

Life is always the most presious thing to endure and savour, because everyone of us have a limited amount of time in life, sooner or later time runs out.