The Twilight Zone

Come Wander with Me

Aired Unknown May 22, 1964 on CBS

6.6
  • An aspiring singer meets a mysterious young girl whose singing a song he wants to own.

6.7
    Partly mysterious and partly played for laughs in my opinion, it's not my favorite Twilight Zone episode for many reasons. It's far too predictable and the ending with Floyd Burney (Gary Crosby) is seen a mile away. However, it's one of those dreamlike episodes where things happen as one person puts it down on paper that is interesting.

Floyd meets Mary Racheal a mysterious girl singing a song he likes. The song however as things start to happen (the local gang of men who come after Floyd) starts shifting lyrics which really freak out Floyd. As the songs predicts his death and Mary Racheal's world, we know even worse things will happen. As mentioned not my favorite , a very predictable episode that was at times silly but an entertaining episode.
  • Floyd wanders into town and finds a strange girl with a song he'd like to own.

Although not one the best Twilight Zone episodes, it is a good episode. It is very deep and throughout the entire episode perhaps, difficult to penetrate. But nonetheless it come across as nice little folk tale if you try to understand it. This is just another region of the Twilight Zone which is a place that is not really meant to be understood, but is meant to make you wonder.

Come Wander With Me is a well written story and the story within the song is, perhaps, the story that is taking place and as it unfolds, as does the song. All together Come Wander With Me is a rather pleasing tale, that a majority of people who really came to know the Twilight Zone would enjoy.
  • Different, in a mysterious way that sticks with you.

Come Wander With Me starts with a music artist looking for a new song, and ending up stuck in a small rural county town. He meets a girl named Mary Rachel, who has the voice of an angel and a sad/sweet song to go with it.

The county folk don\'t take kindly to the artist and come after him, to which he accidentally kills one. He\'s shocked that the tape he made of Mary has changed, to include new lyrics about the killing. He asks her how it got there, and she says it is the way the song goes, and it has always gone that way. The town comes after the artist, all the while Mary sings the song.

Come Wander With Me is a different episode of Twilight Zone in the waning days of the end of a generation. Twilight Zone is known for the formula of throwing in a mystery and revealing it with a twist in the end. Come Wander With Me differs, the mystery is never really resolved. Who exactly are these people, and why does the song control them? Who is Mary Rachel supposed to be?

It\'s this open ending that sticks with me. This is my favorite Twilight Zone episode because of the number of questions it leaves behind. It\'s strangely appropriate this was the last Twilight Zone episode filmed. And Bonnie Beecher\'s voice is unforgettable. I find it strange she never did much more.

He said; Come Wander With Me.
SYFY