The Twilight Zone Forums

CBS (ended 1964)

How old are you TZ fans?

eatspie

[61]Jul 16, 2007
    • level: 3
    Ive been 23 since june 29th and i still remember getting the crap scared out of me when i was 6 by this show which suprisingly isnt that scary now
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jake24946

[62]Jul 28, 2007
    • level: 4
    well im only 13 and i love this show good thing i have DVR lol i just record them

trystkl1826

[63]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 2
    Happy birthday in 4 days.
    marysuperfly wrote:
    25 (26 in 4 days) and I love the show, as well. Serling is ABSOLUTELY a genius! The show was definitley ahead of its time.One of my personal favorite shows that I can stay up late just to watch.

trystkl1826

[64]Aug 2, 2007
    I'm 29.

Bucephelus

[65]Aug 5, 2007
    • level: 4

MajLorne

[66]Feb 18, 2008
    • level: 21
    22 and in a few months 23. I just loved the TZ when it was on the local broadcast networks, it ticked me off when Sci-Fi scooped it for itself, but when I had cable, I tuned into every time the show was on especially any marathons or mini-marathons that aired. I've watched pretty much every single episode broadcasted on air and loved most of them. TZ is indeed the best.

ultimate-tv-fan

[67]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 5

I´m 20 years old and I love The Twilight Zone. I got hooked after seeing the 2002 TZ,( I know everyone thinks its horrible but there were a few good episodes), and after that I couldn´t stop watching, what a great show, and I even got some inspiration to write a poem in school ; from the episode "Nothing in the dark" the one with Robert Redford. It was a chilling episode!! but no the best.

Good luck to all of you Twilight Zone fans!!!

kjrjr7811

[68]Apr 1, 2008
    • level: 8
    I'm 40 and I love that so many younger people like the original T.Z. I don't remember the show when it was original but fell in love with the reruns when I was a kid. Since Sci Fi started the annual marathon 10 years ago it has become a holiday tradition.

noemtel

[69]Apr 6, 2008
    • level: 1
    Well, at age 56, I could be the OLDEST here!! The first TZ episode was in 1959, and I remember watching it, new, on network TV-- CBS. Believe me, seeing this show when it was new, brand new, on network TV was AWESOME! The show was on friday nights, and I could'nt wait until Monday morning to talk about it at school with my friends. We all loved it. What I find astounding is the fact that so many VERY young people LOVE TZ!! I just can't believe it! The thing about this show is that I've seen just about every episode SO many times, that I became bored, and forgotten most of them. I'd like to thank everyone here for bringing back great memories.

sscheelke

[70]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 5
    16, i watch it everynight on sci-fi, this is probably the best written show ever made
    Edited on 04/29/2008 9:47pm

ilike2fish

[71]May 10, 2008
    Well, you are not the oldest. I am 56 also and grew up watching the Twilight Zone the first time the episodes were aired. Some of them I watched almost 50 years ago - and I can still remember them!!!!! Since I was only 7 when they first came on TV some of the more macabre ones really scared the fire out of me. I especially loved the ones about outer space, Martians coming to earth, our space ships crash landing on strange planets, etc. Also really liked the ones where people traveled ahead or back in time. I am very surprised (and encouraged) by the fact that most people who replied to this are younger than me. I figured only the Baby Boomers of my generation could possibly be interested in Rod Serling's genius of the Twilight Zone. It was so 1960s, the best decade ever for television.
    Edited on 05/10/2008 5:07pm

Frennis

[72]May 16, 2008
    • level: 16

I 'm glad to see that so many younger folx are fans of the genius that was the original "Twilight Zone"! I'm 35, and started watching in the late 70's. I was never scared by the show, just mesmerized and amazed... although some segments of the Movie version did freak me out... probably because I was young enough to be swept up in the stories, but old enough to find them truly frightening. When I watch it now, I see each episode as a morality play, and try to analyze them... sometimes to a fault...

sandrilene23

[73]May 16, 2008
    • level: 8

I'm 20. I just started watching the show a few years ago, but I knew about it from my parents even before I started watching. Twilight Zone is just such a television classic; there are episodes that everyone knows about (which kind of sucks if you don't like spoilers--as much as I enjoyed "Eye of the Beholder" it would've been even better if I hadn't known the end). And I usually don't like black-and-white TV, but I think it's actually part of what makes TZ so creepy sometimes. Twilight Zone is one of those shows that appeals to just about anybody.

drrdheroe

[74]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 13
    i am 14 and i start watching the reruns on tv and became a fan

Connman14

[75]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 6
    Im 15, my mom and me watched this when I was like 7

JohnnyDrama8

[76]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 10

25 wow really suprised about this age group thought it would mainly older people.

historyseeker22

[77]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 45
    19, but I started watching the show when I was 14!

narutosgirl12

[78]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 1

I'm 13 going on 14,but the first time I saw a Twilight Zone episode was when I was 9.( It was a remake episode from 2000, the one with the girl and the dolls. ) The first actual TZ original I saw was when I was 11/12 and it was "Nick of Time" with the couple and the fortune teller. And boy when I saw that I was hooked on the show for good.

soundmonkey44

[79]Jul 1, 2008
    • level: 6
    im 17 and i,ve been watching twilight zone since i was 12, one of the best B&W shows of all time, can't wait for the marathon on the 4th.

alibeth25

[80]Jul 4, 2008
    • level: 26

I'm 21. I've been hooked for years. My dad got me into it. I never miss an episode. I always watch the marathons. When I can't watch, I tape it for when I can. I've seen all episodes except 18. I guess you know you're a Twilight Zone fan when you know which episodes you've seen and haven't seen and know the title and storyline. I'm such a big Twilight Zone that a few years ago when my brother made my dad a Valentine's Day card with pictures of the Twilight Zone on it, I had to have one. So my brother made me one that says, Happy Valentine's Day Allison A bigger Twilight Zone fan. It has pictures from To Serve Man and Time Enough at Last. For my birthday back in May, my mom got me a Twilight Zone card that plays the theme song. I love the Twilight Zone. One day I hope to own the entire series on DVD. It might take a while because I don't have any DVDs.