TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

The Twilight Zone Forums

CBS (ended 1964)

TWILIGHT ZONE CONVENTION East Coast AUGUST 12-13, 2006

hdarvick

[1]Nov 28, 2005
    • level: 1
    The Third TWILIGHT ZONE Convention will be held on Saturday and Sunday, AUGUST 12-13, 2006, 10 AM to 5 PM each day, in the Grand Ballroom of the HILTON HASBROUCK HEIGHTS Hotel in Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey (just south of I-80, 7 miles west of the George Washingon Bridge). Admission is $15 per day or, if ordered in advance, a two-day pass for $25. The first two Twilight Zone Conventions were held in North Hollywood, California in 2002 and 2004. This is the first EAST COAST Twilight Zone Convention. There will be actors from the original 1959-1964 series signing autographs. There will be movie/TV memorabilia dealers. There will be panel discussions. Showing of original TZ episodes. Rare showing of the original 1958 TZ pilot, "The Time Element". A Banquet Dinner will be held on Saturday evening, August 12th. A limited number of seats are available to the general public for $100.00. For 2006 Twilight Zone Convention information, go to www.tzconvention.com (updated frequently).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mczy

[2]Nov 28, 2005
    • level: 9
    Thank you for the notice.
    Too bad, I won't be able to attend.

jefftzone132

[3]Dec 26, 2005
    Herman: You know me and I know you and I respect you because I know you are a devoted TZ fan for life. I'm from PA and flew out to CA for both TZ Conventions in '02 and '04.

I remember you mentioned there would be a possibility that you could be organizing the next one. But, what surprises me is I must have assumed you would keep it out there in CA. I know you are from NY and I think you are a retired school teacher and have more free time. As you well know most of the TZ celebrities are from CA or on the West coast and mostly in their 70's now. The child actors are in their 50's or 60's and the old-timers like Keven McCarthy or Bill Erwin are in their 90's.

Realistically speaking, do you strongly believe that you will get the 60+ celebrities who attended one or both of the first 2 conventions to fly across the country to attend a nostalgic/trivial event in their advanced ages? Do you believe you will attract West coast TZ celebrities to this one who haven't attended the first 2 Cons? The way I see it is like this. You have to make it as easy or simple as possible for these people to attend. What's in it for them? The organizers Szym and Devoe from the previous TZ Cons. had numerous celebrities back out for whatever reasons. It's too bad they decided not to continue as organizers anymore. I'm sure it's alot of work and headaches.

I wish you well. Prove me 100% wrong. At this point I'm not getting too excited about it. I actually enjoyed flying out there once every 2 years to attend this extravegant event. The last one in Aug. '04 felt like a reunion to me. It was like a friendship meeting these people for the second time. Is it too late to change your plans and move it out there where it should be?

I hope you are not on some type of ego trip who now feels he's taking on something too big. The last time I checked, there was 5 on the guest list. If you are having trouble getting things together now, I'm sure it's not going to get any easier. Take a step back and evaluate everything to this point. I really want this event to continue on for as long as possible with no major breaks in the chain. I wish you would consider keeping this special and trasured event out in CA. It's less than 8 months away. As you can possibly gather, I'm speaking from the bottom of my heart because I'm also a TZ'er for life.

hdarvick

[4]Dec 30, 2005
    The organizer of the 2002 and 2004 Twilight Zone shows in California told me that most of the TZ alum said they wouldn't attend another show in LA because "everyone who wants my autograph already has it". If I didn't set up this show, there wouldn't be one and, probably, there would never be one again. I'm paying for the hotel (much more than the BG Holiday Inn) and advertising in advance of the show with no certainty of breaking even. No ego involved here. I hope to get 10-15 TZ alum to come to the show. It's not 60, but, then again, you don't have to fly across the country to get there. So far, two of the guests coming in 2006 were not at the California shows. TZ 06 is still 7 1/2 months away. Think positive!