The Twilight Zone Forums

CBS (ended 1964)

whats your favorite episode?

pashotshot

[61]Oct 20, 2007
    • level: 15
    I've seen it many times. "I find this man obsolete." Chilling quote.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ceosmom

[62]Dec 31, 2007
    • level: 20
    The Howling Man, Eye of the Beholder, You Drive, The Monsters are Due on Maple Street, Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?, Mirror Image, The Silence
    Edited on 12/31/2007 8:22pm

thecount212

[63]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 1

The Silence

The Grave

To Serve Man

One for the Angels

Eye of the Beholder

Time Enough at Last

The Rip Van Winkle Caper

What You Need

The Midnight Sun

The Howling Man

just_joking96

[64]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 5

Nightmare at 20,000 Feet (Gremlin face freaked me out)

Time Enough at Last (It was really not fair for him)

ottstock280

[65]Jan 5, 2008
    • level: 7

Personally, i love Five Characters in Search of an Exit, To Serve Man, Where is Everybody, and the one where the guy doesn't want to fall asleep cuz he's afraid he will die.........idk the title

sheep233

[66]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 22

I CAN'T decide. But here are some of my favorites.

1. Living Doll

2. The dummy

3. The midnight Sun

4. To Serve Man

5. The After Hours

6. The Grave

7. The Masks

TelFan7

[67]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 6
    "To Serve Man".

wheelyman7

[68]Feb 3, 2008
    My favorite episode? 'The After Hours', 'The Hunt', 'Still Valley', 'Kick The Can', 'Howling Man' and 'Time Enough At Last' are a few of my favorite episodes. But. I think 'Time Enough At Last' is my absolute favorite.All Henry Bemiswanted to dowas read. He finally gets all the time in the world, being the only survivor a nuclear blast, to read. Then by some strange twist of fate, he breaks his glasses and loses the ability to read anything. How sad!!!

cocosperson

[69]Feb 26, 2008
    • level: 4

I can't remember the name, but it is the one in which the hippie and the old guy are in the same room listening to Lawrence Welk-type music. The old guy is in heaven and the hippie is in hell.

To Serve Man is another.

Edited on 02/26/2008 2:21pm

angelica3always

[70]Feb 28, 2008
    • level: 2

I just cannot pick one and some of the ones that scared me the most as a little girl are my faves today

But from 21 to 1 they are:

21. The Silence-2nd season- the height of paying for ones silence

20. Miniature-4th season thriller about a lonely man that falls in love with a doll in a doll-house.

19. I Sing the Body Electric-3rd season story about an android and the family that makes her and takes her in.

18.The New Exhibit-4th season - Wax figures of famous murders kill anyone that tries to do away with them

17. To Serve Man- 3rd season classic about Iron-Chefs from outer space and their human body using cookbook.

16. Mute- 4th season- always wanted to be able to read minds as a kid. This kid could but the teacher messed her up.

15. The Odyssey of Flight 33-2nd season- You didn't want a window seat for this flight!

14. The Arrival-3rd season- this could never happen nowadays too much security at airports.

13.Long Distance Call-2nd season- that's one mean grandma! Love how her son put her down at the end.

12. The Trade-Ins- 3rd season- two old fokes that want a new lease on life but they only have money for one body

11. Nightmare at 20,000 Feet 5th season- Captain Kirk frightened of what is out in space? Naw.

10.Little Girl Lost- 3rd season- a hole in the wall to another dimension and a girl that fell out of her bed make for a good story.

9. The Invaders- 2nd season- One screaming woman; a spaceship with aliens; whats' not to love?

8. The Fugitive-3rd season- what woman do you know that dosen't want a prince with magical powers to come and sweep her away?

7. Twenty-Two- 2nd season- I to this day say to people "Room for one more honey" and some get it. But, please don't say that to me!

6.The Lonely- 1st season (first one made) I think that they should start making prisons like this one.

5. Number 12 Looks Just Like You- 5th season - One cup of instant smile coming up! artificial people; interesting premise. But no diversity! Tisk-tisk.

4. The Eye of the Beholder- 2nd season-Beauty that is skin deep to who's perspective?

3. The Bewitchin' Pool-5th season- I looked for a hole in every swimming pool to go and visit "Aunt T's" and her world.

2. Living Doll- 5th season- the original "chucky" bad to the bone!

Drum roll please-

1. The Fever-1st season- Las Vegas gamblers look-out! there might be a slot machine out to get you!

Sorry for the long list. I hope that some of my choices are different and help you find new favorites.

angelica3always

[71]Feb 28, 2008
    Little girl lost is one of my faves because it was cool when I was a kid. Being grown I can see that it is a bit cheesie

Nath07

[72]Jul 4, 2008

'A Stop at Willoughby'

darthykat1

[73]Jan 1, 2009
    • level: 6
    "The 7th is Made Up of Phantoms". It reminded me of a "deja vu" experience I had as a child when visting a battlefield in Gettysburg.

PinderPower

[74]Jan 4, 2009
    • level: 13
    there are sooo many classic episodes but the ones that stand out for me are-
    -The Monsters Are Due on maple Street
    -Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up
    -Eye of The Beholder
    -5 Characters in Search Of An Exit
    -A Stop At Willoughby
    -The Midnight Sun
    -It's A Good Day
    -To Serve Man
    -The hitch-hiker
    -The After Hours
    -Twenty Two
    -The invaders
    &
    -Kick The Can

these had great twists at the end and quite eerie storytelling,i love the show and get to rewatch this show whenever possible...they dont make 'em like they used too.

showho

[75]Jan 6, 2009

I had to name my top ones. Maybe the first is my favorite?

TIme Enough at Last

A Stop at Willoughby

The Eye of the Beholder

The Lonely

Nothing in the Dark

The Masks

Twenty-two

The Intruders

Alano2591

[77]Jul 4, 2010
    • level: 10

Season 1 : One for the angels, Walking distance, The lonely, Perchance to dream, And whan the sky was opened, What you need, Judgment night,Execution, Big tall wish,Nice place to visit, The chaser,A passage for trumpet,Mr Bevis, Mighty Casey, A world of his own total 15

Season 2 : The man in the bottle, Nervous man in a four dollar room, A most unusual camera, Dust, Back there, A penny for your thoughts,The odyssey of flight 33, Statics, A hundred years of rim, The rip van winkle caper, The silence, Shadow play, The mind and the matter, Will the real martian please stand up, the obsolete man total 15 too

Season 3 : The arrival, A game of pool, It's a good life, The jungle, Showdown with Rance McGrew, Hunt, Kick the can, A piano in the house, Persons or person unknown total 9

Season 4 : Jess-Belle, Miniature, The parallel, I dream of genie, The new exhibit total 5

Season 5 : In praise of pip, Steel, Nightmare 2000 feet, Kind of stopwatch, The last night of a jockey,Living doll, A short drink from a certain fountain, You drive, Ring a ding girl (debut only), The self improvement of Salvadore Ross, What's in the box, The masks, Stopover in a quite town, Automation, Bewitchin pool total 15

Total for the serie : 59 / 156

klules664

[78]Aug 29, 2010

The Shelter by a long shot

iLoveOlivier

[79]Sep 23, 2010
    • level: 3
    My favorites are - "Death's Head Revisited" because of how intense it is with the deceased Jewish prisoners coming back to haunt this man that feels absolutely no remorse for the heinous acts he committed on humanity (it was so profound for me), "The Hunt" because of how sweet it is with his dog saving him from Satan (I'm an animal lover, and I also appreciate TZs that end happily), and "Number Twelve Looks Just Like You" because of how eerily true this view of plastic surgery is in today's society (I think people should be proud of their faces, regardless if they are what society deems is "cute" or "not cute") and how she's brainwashed to lose her individuality against her will.

iLoveOlivier

[80]Sep 23, 2010
    • level: 3

I can't believe I forgot about "Miniature"! I've always had a special place in my heart for that episode, it's just so sweet. Oooh, another good one I forgot is "Masks" directed by Ida Lupino. The selfish family is literally transformed into their inner reflections - genius!