The Twilight Zone Forums

CBS (ended 1964)

Worst episode in your opinion?

sh811a

[21]Aug 29, 2006
    • level: 28
    I can honestly think of about five I didn't like, but I'm only going to say one of them.  "The Jungle" that I honestly felt was the stupidest antholgy tale for me.  The characters in it were completely wooden and that whole curse scenario wasn't very scary or seem completely believable, it was probably just the wrong time to make storys about curses.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ben10toyfan

[22]Sep 3, 2006
    • level: 25
    the worst i ever saw was the one where they get stuck in a diner and have to find out who is alien stunk out loud

The7thDoctor

[23]Sep 3, 2006
    • level: 6
    I hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, hated, "The Bewitchin Pool"

leaguer1

[24]Sep 3, 2006
    i feel bad that so many people said "the bewitchin' pool"; especially since its a classic

anyway, I vote for : "from agnes - with love"

blackpelt7

[25]Nov 5, 2006
    • level: 3
    MadeInIreland23 wrote:
    The stupid one with the slot machine that the man was addicted to and then it pushed him out of a window. lol. It was bad. I think it was called The Fever but I'm not sure.

Lol.  My friends and I watched it at our sleepover (hoping for some scares) and the next week, someone always kept cracking some joke about evil slot machines coming to eat you in your sleep.  It was hilarious.  Yeah, it was called the Fever.

The1Princess

[26]Nov 9, 2006
    • level: 5
    The worst episode in my opinion was the one where the guy flew his airplane from 1917 to 1959, just to find that time was rewinding for him to go back and save his colleague; it took me 6x to watch the full episode. In general I am not too crazy about the astronaut episodes!

EdwardoMario16

[27]Nov 9, 2006
    • level: 10
    The worst? Hmmmm...

Any "joke" episode like Once Upon a Time. No suprise, no suspense, no TZ-esque creepiness. Just boring cookie-cutter comedy. I also did not like "I Sing the body Electric".

marysuperfly

[29]Nov 10, 2006
    YES! I didn't like the one with the guy and the slot machine either. I was trying to think of one I hated, and couldn't think of anything until someone mentioned that episode.

I guess I am alone in likeing "Kick the Can." It reminded me of my childhood.

marysuperfly

[30]Nov 10, 2006
    It's hard to think of many that I don't like, which is a good sign.  Maybe I am morbid, but I don't really like the ones that end happily.  I like the episodes that make you think or end with a mystery.  To/From Agnes with Love (correct title?) is sort of silly, though.  I'm not crazy about that episode.

peeping

[31]Nov 15, 2006

I've just seen 'The Mind and the Matter' and it is, undoubtedly, the worst episode I've encountered so far. Painfully unfunny.

cflfan_06

[32]Nov 18, 2006
    I would have to vote for "Showdown with Lance McGrew" as the worst episode. I thought it was very boring and slow and not within the spirit of "The Twilight Zone".
    Edited on 11/18/2006 11:24pm

Jamescush

[33]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 9

Up to the third season on dvd...I'd have to say 'The Mind and the Matter' , 'The Fever' , 'The Whole Truth', 'Mr. Dingle the Strong',  'The Chaser' and 'The Mighty Casey' were pretty bad and/or boring. 

Thank goodness the great and good episodes out weigh them.

JamesBWBevis

[34]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 2

marysuperfly wrote:
    YES! I didn't like the one with the guy and the slot machine either. I was trying to think of one I hated, and couldn't think of anything until someone mentioned that episode. I guess I am alone in likeing "Kick the Can." It reminded me of my childhood.

You are not alone in liking "Kick The Can," Mary. 

"I Sing The Body Electric,"  "Mute," "Of Late I Think Of Cliffordville" and "Uncle Simon" are some of my least favorites.  One of the hour ones might be my least favorite, just because they're longer to sit through.  Minute for minute, "Uncle Simon" is probably the most unpleasant for me.    

princessd

[35]Dec 8, 2006
    'Kick the Can' (I can't believe they made a remake of it in the Twilight Zone Movie!), "The Bewitchin' Pool" wasn't very interesting, but I'd have to say that most Christmas- or gaurdian angel-themed ones are pretty bad.

2Stellar

[36]Dec 8, 2006

carolynnrennee wrote:
    ugh...I hated "Kick the Can"...I recorded it and I ended up fastforwarding through most of it...

Totally agree. Unfortunately it came on a DVD I have. It was really boring.

2Stellar

[37]Dec 8, 2006

JLennon182 wrote:
    "I Sing The Body Electric" is my vote for the worst...horrible, horrible episode, with "Come Wander With Me" and "Sounds and Silences" almost as bad.

I also didn't like "I Sing the Body Electric". Not that intesting. Another one I didn't like was that Mr. Dingle The Strong. Those aliens were a laugh though!

joshx2k1

[38]Jan 3, 2007
    • level: 1
    there are many bad ones....if only every episode of tz wass amazing it would be heaven. i thin kthe bad ones are the ones that are just too plain, too simple, no message across. you ask yourself what did i just watch for the past half hour??? if id have to think of the worst ones they would have to be perchance to dream(such a great idea with such a bad episode), bewitchin pool(terribly acted, terrible sound), the episode where that janitor travles back in time(i forget the name), but my least favorite of them all, and its probably going to shock you all is "the invaders". yea i think it was a great idea with a great twist at the end....but the whole entire episode you ahve to watch that ugly women do the same thing over and over....try and find that little space guy. she doesnt speak one word and her shreik is horendous!!! maybe the reason i hated it so much was because everyone hyped it up for me on this website...either way, the good episodes overpower the bad ones!

EdwardoMario16

[39]Jan 3, 2007
    • level: 10
    There are a bunch of bad TZ episodes.But the good ones greatly outnumber the bad ones.

I don't get why people hate "The Fever" so much. It's one of my favorites. C'mon, an ghostly slot machine chasing you and calling your name? And don't tell me that the guy was imagining it because in the end it actually gave back his dollar. It was actually real. And it demonstrates irony and hipocrisy by the main character at the same time.

jcmilam

[40]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 4

I agree that "The Fever" (Epsiode 17) is pretty bad, and very sad. The guy basically ruins his life and his wife's.

Personally, I liked Queen of the Nile, which someone else said they didn't.