The Twilight Zone Forums

CBS (ended 1964)

Worst episode in your opinion?

CAPNMRVL

[41]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 1
    Come Wander With Me was definitely bad. By the end you were rooting for the brothers w/the guns. Bewitchin' Pool was awful too. It was the last episode made. Not a good way to go out. I would add Dust, The Big Tall Wish, The Last Night Of A Jockey among others that aren't among my favorites. Some episodes I'll watch no matter how many times I've seen them. Others I'll change the channel every time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vickitmj

[42]Jan 6, 2007
    • level: 4
    As a child, I loved the Bewitchin Pool. As an adult, it is so awful to watch and to listen to, I can't stand it. Certainly the series was made for adults, right? How could they have not scrapped this horribly acted and poorly dubbed mess? Weird though, as a child I used to go into pools desperate to find the Bewitchin Pool for myself. Sad.

marysuperfly

[43]Jan 10, 2007
    • level: 6
    I didn't like "Little Girl Lost."  Nothing really happened, or nothing interesting.  I liked "Bewitching Pool" except for the voice of the little girl (which was already mentioned).  Granted, it wasn't my favorite,  but I liked it and the "moral" behind it.

terrydelph

[44]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 24

After seeing both the original version, then the syndicated colorized version, I have to say my least favorite episode is the fakely colored The Miniature. Many people will recall the mid-80's craze of computer-coloring old black and white movies. Well, I admit with embarassment that I really loved the colorized version when it was first broadcast in 1984 or so. But through the eyes of 2007, it looks pretty shabby. The original The Miniature, on the other hand, I rank rather highly.

And I am still scratching my head over the ending of Showdown with Lance McGrew. Argh! I am bald!

gaarapwnsall

[45]Feb 13, 2007
    • level: 3
    Any episode from the 2002 version and 3/4s of the 1985 version episodes

marvelfan89

[46]Feb 13, 2007
    • level: 39
    "The Bewitching Pool" and "Dead Man's shoes". Too ridiculous to be taken seriously and average episode even though Bewitching Pool was funny to watch.

Mad_Buck

[47]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 79

As I posted previously, Showdown with Rance McGrew is my least favorite TZ episode but I thought it did have an interesting concept.  What ruined it was poor casting.  The role of Jesse James just cried out to be played by James Best and they could have cast a then current TV cowboy actor like Eric Fleming from Rawhide, Jack Kelly from Maverick or Ty Hardin from Bronco as McGrew.  Those three would have been much better than Larry Blyden.

LOSTismylife

[48]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 21

The Bewitchin' Pool

I loved the story line , but the acting was bad. The parents were horrible. No parents are that mean and hateful! (at least I hope they aren't!) The worst thing was that they dubbed the little girl's voice. It was awful.

JediSnoopy

[49]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 13

My least favorite episodes have already been mentioned here.

* Dead Man's Shoes. I hate, hate, hate this episode!

* Some of the fifth season episodes are nearly unbearable, such as The Fear, Queen of the Nile and the aforementioned Come Wander With Me.

* The Bewitchin' Pool (also a fifth season episode) was so poorly dubbed, it's hard to watch.

Nemesisoverride

[50]May 7, 2008
    • level: 3

That one with the King 9, the bomber in WWII that disappeared and the Captain ends up near it bores me to tears. Also, I agree that Where is Everybody? is hard to watch after once. I'm watching through them in season order, so I'm sure I'll have a lot more to add to this list.

soulbreaker77

[51]May 12, 2008
    • level: 1
    Bewitchin' Pool... well a good friend of mine suggest that "To Serve man" sucks assuming he's kidding lol

millerem99

[52]May 15, 2008
    • level: 51

"Mr. Dingle the Strong." What were they thinking?

sandrilene23

[53]May 16, 2008
    • level: 8

I've never seen "The Bewitchin' Pool," but after hearing all of the divided opinions I'll have to check it out. I thought "I Sing the Body Electric" was kind of pointless...TZ usually isn't "fluffy" but that episode definitely was. It definitely didn't live up to my expectations. Also, "Mr. Dingle the Strong" was pretty dumb. But there are so many other episodes that rock.

The one episode that I absolutely HATE (and I'm probably all alone on this one) is "Time Enough at Last." There's nothing "wrong" with it (acting, production, writing are all fantastic), but the ending just about killed me. It's one thing when people get what they deserve, but he was a nice, decent guy and the universe just continually scr*wed with him. I was soo depressed after watching that episode.

MajLorne

[54]Jun 6, 2008
    terrydelph wrote:

After seeing both the original version, then the syndicated colorized version, I have to say my least favorite episode is the fakely colored The Miniature. Many people will recall the mid-80's craze of computer-coloring old black and white movies. Well, I admit with embarassment that I really loved the colorized version when it was first broadcast in 1984 or so. But through the eyes of 2007, it looks pretty shabby. The original The Miniature, on the other hand, I rank rather highly.

And I am still scratching my head over the ending of Showdown with Lance McGrew. Argh! I am bald!

I thought it was a pretty funny end to that episode and i say it is at least on my top 25 rather than top 10.

MajLorne

[55]Jun 6, 2008
    sandrilene23 wrote:

I've never seen "The Bewitchin' Pool," but after hearing all of the divided opinions I'll have to check it out. I thought "I Sing the Body Electric" was kind of pointless...TZ usually isn't "fluffy" but that episode definitely was. It definitely didn't live up to my expectations. Also, "Mr. Dingle the Strong" was pretty dumb. But there are so many other episodes that rock.

The one episode that I absolutely HATE (and I'm probably all alone on this one) is "Time Enough at Last." There's nothing "wrong" with it (acting, production, writing are all fantastic), but the ending just about killed me. It's one thing when people get what they deserve, but he was a nice, decent guy and the universe just continually scr*wed with him. I was soo depressed after watching that episode.

"I Sing the Body Electric" was a nice episode, even TZ needs a sentimental episode and it was pretty nice.

Agreed about "Mr. Dingle the Strong" that and "Hocus Pocus and Frizby" were imo both pretty lame.

Well I understand your views about "Time Enough at Last" and agree that the guy didn't deserve that kind of sad end.

MajLorne

[56]Jun 6, 2008
    Mad_Buck wrote:
    historylover20 wrote:

All good bad ones.

As a general rule, the hour episodes aren't very good either.

But, the worst half-hour one: I can't remember the name of it. Carol Burnette stars. Her guardian angel comes in and tries to make her life better. At the end of the episode, she wants her old life back. It's supposed to be a funny episode. Instead, it was stupid.

What was the name of that episode?

Kat

I think that would be Cavendar is Coming.

Yeah a pretty lame half hour episode. Lol I always thought if it was renamed 'cadaver is coming' with a new storyline, then it would be very interesting

Edited on 06/06/2008 3:01pm
    Edited 3 total times.

MajLorne

[57]Jun 6, 2008
    princessd wrote:
    'Kick the Can' (I can't believe they made a remake of it in the Twilight Zone Movie!), "The Bewitchin' Pool" wasn't very interesting, but I'd have to say that most Christmas- or gaurdian angel-themed ones are pretty bad.
    Totally agreed, out of all the great episodes, they picked this one? I mean i like sentimental episodes, but old folks turning into kids as a segment for the movie? No wonder the movie didn't do too well in the theaters.

MajLorne

[58]Jun 6, 2008
    ben10toyfan wrote:
    the worst i ever saw was the one where they get stuck in a diner and have to find out who is alien stunk out loud
    Will the real Martian please stand up? It wasn't that bad plus I liked the twist at the end
    ***SPOILER***

JediSnoopy

[59]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 13

Ah, "Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?" is one of the best!

I've also determined the worst episode..."Black Leather Jackets". Is there any more abhorrant?

millerem99

[60]Aug 1, 2008
    • level: 51
    JediSnoopy wrote:

Ah, "Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?" is one of the best!

I've also determined the worst episode..."Black Leather Jackets". Is there any more abhorrant?

No...it seems pointless, perhaps, but nothing with Michael Forest in it can be completely abhorrant.
    Edited on 08/01/2008 8:05pm