The Twilight Zone Forums

CBS (ended 1964)

Worst episode in your opinion?

meathead704

[61]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 39

My choice for the worst episode of The Twilight Zone is one titled "A Piano in the House." The dialouge is terrible, the acting is bad and all of the people in it are extremely dislikeable. I cringed many times when I watched it.

One that ranks a very close second is "From Agnes-with Love." Wally Cox's performance is painful to watch. He did a better job as the voice of Underdog.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

puddleglum5999

[62]Nov 26, 2008
    • level: 6

The bottom five for me:

1. "Come Wander With Me": Honestly, I think a 6-year-old could have written a better story. By this point, the bar had been lowered so far that it was actually lying on the floor.

2. "Cavender is Coming": Carol Burnett had her niche, but TZ wasn't it. Rod Serling had his niche, and writing comedy for Carol Burnett wasn't it. And they thought this would be the pilot for a series?

3. "Four O'Clock": Good idea that fell flat. In fairness to Serling, the original short story stank too, so he was having to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear on this one.

4. "Mr. Bevis": Just a note--trying to use TZ to make pilots for spinoff comedy series just didn't work.

5. "Caesar and Me": They visited the ventriloquist angle once before, in the highly superior episode "The Dummy," but apparently couldn't leave well enough alone.

LoneTread

[63]Nov 26, 2008
    • level: 4

The1Princess wrote:
    The worst episode in my opinion was the one where the guy flew his airplane from 1917 to 1959, just to find that time was rewinding for him to go back and save his colleague; it took me 6x to watch the full episode. In general I am not too crazy about the astronaut episodes!

"The Last Flight"? That's one of my absolute favorites. Couldn't tell you why, though. I think I've just got a thing for propellor planes. (I also enjoyed "King Nine Will Not Return" that someone else said; the end was great, imo.)

For the worst episode, I agree with whoever mentioned it that "Mute" was pretty awful, but my least favorite would have to be "Passage on the Lady Anne". I stayed up till 3:00am during a marathon to watch that one because I hadn't seen it, fell asleep for ten seconds and missed the closing narration, then looked it up on here only to discover that NOTHING HAPPENED. *headdesk* Most waste-of-time episode ever.

puddleglum5999

[64]Dec 27, 2008
    • level: 6

Reading back over the posts, I realized I forgot a couple of other duds: "Piano in the House" and "From Agnes With Love." An argument could also be made for "The Gift." Of course, if you make 156 episodes, you're bound to lay some eggs, right?

PikeBishop

[65]Dec 31, 2008
    • level: 31

Just watched "The Fear" this morning as part of the marathon and think it is really awful. As someone who has been watching TZ for over 25 years, this one I have rarely seen, along with a few others from S5, that always seem to be missed in syndication runs.

Ridiculous plot, a giant inflateable alien and a tiny spaceship where the aliens speak perfect English on their radio that is somehow transmitted outside the ship.

One plus. Hazel Court is pretty pleasant to look at.

dpringle

[66]Jan 1, 2009
    • level: 1
    Howdy,

I just saw the Twilight Zone episode "A Thing About Machines" Seson 2 Ep 40. Does anyone out there know what the make of the car used in this episode? It looks like an Aston Martin that may have been modified. Any info. would be great.
    Dan

StarRazor

[67]Jun 6, 2009
    • level: 2
    I have to say Kick the can. To me it seemed like they needed more time to get a point aross. It gave me the feeling of why did the air this. OO
    Edited on 06/06/2009 5:48pm

NovaCite

[69]Oct 24, 2010

I'd have to say the single poorest episode was "Uncle Simon". Close runners-up include "From Agnes With Love" and "Queen of the Nile".

"I Sing the Body Electric", which so many others have knocked, is among my favorites.

Edited on 10/24/2010 2:42pm

SuperTam

[70]Jan 8, 2011
    • level: 19

I pick "Execution," "The Incredible World Of Horace Ford(nothing incredible about it in my opinion, and it would have done better as a half hour episode). Also "The Encounter," which didn't have anything going for it. Just two guys who meet in an attic and commit suicide.

Caralee419

[71]Apr 21, 2011

The Bewitchen Pool definitely sticks out as one of my least favorites..i think because it was the finale and it should have been better!

bigelow45

[72]May 16, 2011

I'd have to say "Night Call" is the worst episode, hands down. I'm surprised no one else mentioned it. Bad acting and even worst twist/ending. Another one that's pretty bad is "The Midnight Sun", the episode just dragged on and wasn't that engaging.

tzfanatic1993

[73]Sep 17, 2011

Being a die hard Twilight Zone fan, I have a special love for every episode. But I'd have to say that "Showdown With Rance McGrew" and "Cavender Is Coming" are two of my least favorite. I don't really think that "Come Wander With Me" was that bad, in fact I found it a little poignant.

iwatchtv1

[74]Oct 23, 2011

The episode that I dislike were Uncle Simon and The Bewitchin' Poll. Those episodes were the worst episode I've ever seen in The Twlight Zone so far.