The Twilight Zone

I Sing the Body Electric

Aired Unknown May 18, 1962 on CBS

7.6
  • Ubermelodramatic futuristic Sci-Fi fare.

(ADDENDUM: To the troll who was so indignant about this review, which was originally posted in 2010, that he/she registered on this site just to use the review format to say so: Get a life!)

Don't get me wrong. I actually loved this episode. The thought of a "Grandmother", even a robotic one, taking over parenting duties after the death of a mother is touching. And one who's a teacher to boot. Still, you have to wonder about the girl who wouldn't accept her, or it, because she was still mad at her mother for dying. The girl looked like she was old enough to realize that her mother had no choice in the matter, unless it was suicide, and there was nothing to indicate that it was. And the dad, played by David White. He looked like he was at least in his 40s, and yet never forgave his own mother for dying? Grow up, man!
  • I hope you don't have kids

Are you kidding me? You expect rational emotions from a CHILD whose mother had passed away and is expected to accept a replacement made from machinery? I just hope YOU never had these things expected of you (either as a child or at 40). But, somehow, judging by your "ill informed comments" I feel that maybe this is not the case...
  • This was a really great episode.

I love this episode. It's about how a robot grandmother is built for a bunch of kids. When I saw this episode I knew that the actress who plays Anne was the person I thought it was. When I saw her she looked like Angela Cartwright who I saw in The Sound of Music but since I know Angela has never been on this show I thought that it was possible that it could be her sister and I was right! I like Veronica Cartwright's acting in this episode. I like how her character didn't like the robot grandmother and then she gets into an accident and starts to like her.