The Twilight Zone

Living Doll

Aired Unknown Nov 01, 1963 on CBS

• isn't she just so cute ?

not the best twilight zone episode ,but a good one . i was wonder if that was a young telly .be cool if someone made a telly doll thats says ,who loves you baby very much . amazing since this was one of the more talked twilight zone episode's while growing up as child during the 70's plus Kojak most people with an idiot box was familiar .i was talking about the spinal tap movie and shocked both other people knew that movie, but not who i was talking about when i said meat head . this old show like the one with the meat head character mite not be part of the current generations main stream taste anymore ,but sad twilight zone plus a few Norman Lear produced TV show's have rarely been equaled for quality in all idiot box and now streaming media history . oh sure telly would ask you this , who loves you baby very much ? think possible for modern youth to enjoy ,maybe be almost as moved as my age group was by this episode and this show which did have its ups and downs . over all still a favorite of show's for idiot box the twilight zone is for me .
  • Erich Streator is unhappy when he learns his wife has bought an expensive doll named Talky Tina for his stepdaughter Annabelle. Erich becomes even more unhappy when Talky Tina says she hates him and wants him dead.

This episode is one of the best and most enduring of the entire series. The late Telly Savalas gives an absolutely fantastic performance as Erich Streator in this scary and exciting episode. The final scene, though flawed by a continutiy error (See the "Trivia" section for this episode) is very well done and ends the episode on a truly frightening note. The look on the face of Erich's wife says it all. Upon seeing this episode you will think twice about what gifts you want to give to your daughters! Remember, Talky Tina doesn't like it when you are mean!
  • Scariest episode ever.

This episode can scare anybody, I know.
    The ending was creepy, and alot of the lines were creepy. Hearing Talking Tina say " I'm Talking Tina and I'm going to kill you" is the most creepiest line in the whole episode. The ending, like I said, is scary.
    The episode overall is just plain chilling.

Even though the episode is old, It can probably scare anybody, and i'm very sure of it scaring anybody. It's also one of Twilight Zone's most famous episodes. Thanks for reading my review and i'll see you later. - a n d e r s o n 5 8 7
  • Christie receives a doll as a present. "I'm Talky Tina and I love you." However, to Christie's Step Father, it says, "I'm Talky Tina and I hate you."

The Living Doll is the best of the scary episodes of the Twilight Zone. Accompanied by a haunting score, it has all the necessary elements: fear, supernatural elements, a skeptical, hateful man, and something wrong with the doll.
    I first saw this when I was 12-years old when I stayed up late with a friend to watch it.
    Eric dislikes the doll his step-daughter receives. It says, "I'm Talky Tina and I love you very much."
    However, the doll tells him other things: "I'm Talky Tina and I hate you." "I'm Talky Tina and I'm going to kill you."
    He tries some retribution on the doll: a blow torch, a buzz saw, but they do not work. Scared, he gives it back to Christie, but it warns him, "I'm Talky Tina and I don't forgive you."
    Of course, it extracts revenge, with one warning to the mother, Annabelle: "I'm Talky Tina and you better be nice to me."
    The line literally sent chills up my spine.
  • a woman buys a living doll for her daughter, her husband(not the girls father) dislikes the fact of the daughter getting the expensive doll, Erich shows his disrespect towards the girl and the doll, when no one was around the doll would threaten him,

the best episode of twilight zone ever!!! and certainly the freakiest, i am a sucker for living doll movies, which brought this episode to my attention, my dad told me this was an excillent episode ( hes a twilight zone fan too). I took his word for it and watched it, i never really thought that twilight zone was a real scary show, but after this episode i put all of my dolls in my closet, thats how much this episode scared me, i lke the epi so much i even taped i even know almost every line, freakiest episode ever!
  • The Living Doll was the creepiest episode of the Twilight Zone ever if not the best.

The Living Doll was about a killer doll named Talking Tina and this show is really what the Twilight Zone is all about. Not really a lesso but that only helps this episode. The doll was creepy and the rest of the actors were great and the ending where the doll killed the man was believable. It's not like the doll just stabbed the guy to death. Excellent Episode.
    10.0