The Twilight Zone

Living Doll

Aired Unknown Nov 01, 1963 on CBS

• Christie receives a doll as a present. "I'm Talky Tina and I love you." However, to Christie's Step Father, it says, "I'm Talky Tina and I hate you."

The Living Doll is the best of the scary episodes of the Twilight Zone. Accompanied by a haunting score, it has all the necessary elements: fear, supernatural elements, a skeptical, hateful man, and something wrong with the doll.
    I first saw this when I was 12-years old when I stayed up late with a friend to watch it.
    Eric dislikes the doll his step-daughter receives. It says, "I'm Talky Tina and I love you very much."
    However, the doll tells him other things: "I'm Talky Tina and I hate you." "I'm Talky Tina and I'm going to kill you."
    He tries some retribution on the doll: a blow torch, a buzz saw, but they do not work. Scared, he gives it back to Christie, but it warns him, "I'm Talky Tina and I don't forgive you."
    Of course, it extracts revenge, with one warning to the mother, Annabelle: "I'm Talky Tina and you better be nice to me."
    The line literally sent chills up my spine.