The Twilight Zone

Night Call

Aired Unknown Feb 07, 1964 on CBS

7.3
  • Hit\'s a nerve

This is an episode that taught people to be afraid of a late night phone call. The woman is defenseless against an invader who comes through a wire. Great storyline with a little bit of a miscasting. The woman depicted should have been in her mid fifties in 1964. \"Brian\"was shown to be born in 1905 so she should have been around the same age as him. She was actually a good 20 or so years older than he would have been. An odd mistake for a man as telented as Rod Serling.
  • On the night of a heavy thunderstorm, an elderly disabled woman named Elva Keene receives several mysterious phone calls. The calls continue for several days thereafter. Elva repeatedly contacts the operator to find exactly who is making the calls.

7.9
    This is an episode that is one of the best of the fifth and final season of "The Twilight Zone." I think it's a good thing that the producers of the show decided to revert back to the half-hour format for season five because I don't think this episode would have been as effective if it were twice as long. However I have to say the ending is a bit of a disappointment. After all, Elva reacted to the calls the way any reasonable human being would. Ergo I don't think she deserved what she got at the episode's finale.