The Twilight Zone

CBS (ended 1964)

Gislef

The Twilight Zone Fan Reviews page 3 of 5

• Wow, I never knew this show was that old.

I believe the first time I saw this show was 5-7 years ago, but just a week ago - I saw some more episodes randomly on Tv - I didn't really take much notice there either. But, when I now, see it here on tv.com, listing it's airing years - I'm just simply amazed. Wow, just, wow! This show was sure ahead of it's time when it was made.

This show most certainly hasn't lacked anything that I would want in a tv series today - well alright, It isn't my favorite show - but it sure is good. And I've seen shows made worse today, than this was back then. It possibly doesn't have cutting edge technology graphical effects, but the storyline and acting was brilliant in the few episodes I saw a week ago - and most certainly the ones I saw a few years ago.

I would always have thought this show was made in the 1990's or 1980's at the very least, boy was I wrong.
  • Stories that never grow old!

Rod Serling's Twilight Zone is a timeless classic that continues to intrigue and delight almost fifty years after it first appeared on television. Yes, the film may be a bit grainy, and the special effects may seem almost corny; the stories, however, do not need glossy film or fancy effects to jump off of the screen. The human condition, it's flaws and it's fears, are examined, explored and magnified, sometimes in supernatural settings, sometimes in the reality of day-to-day life. But watch for the unexpected twist that sums up almost every show! And who can forget the inimitalbe introductions and conclusions from Serling himself, leaving us both afraid and in awe of the depths of the Twilight Zone.
  • One of the best anthology shows on TV, even after all these years.

This show is still innovative, years after it debuted in the late 50's, the episodes still pack a punch, even the ones that were written to be social commentary, but because they were hidden under sci-fi and fantasy, we never saw it, only if you looked hard under the shows surface could you see the message Mr.Serling was trying to give us.
  • classic.

it's a good show, with the old music, and the episodes are off the wall crazy ideas in every episode the host that explains it in the beginning and the cool and crazy plot's to the old episodes like radio that picked up things in past as to the radio broadcast it is the present, or a man that just want's to read and his wife won't let him and he can't read at his so he goes in to the vault of the bank that he works and while he's in there a big bomb goes off kills everybody and he's the only person alive so now he can read so he goes to the destroyed library and gathers books and he wears glasses because he can't see without them and the only thing that will keep him occupied is reading but when he's carrying books down some stairs he trips and falls and breaks his glasses and that's just an example of the crazy story's in every episode, it's a good show.
  • The best there is.

'The Twilight Zone' was way before my time, almost 20 years before. I had always seen it advertised on syndication, heard stories about how great it was, and saw references in all types of modern sitcoms (from the 'Drew Carey Show,' to animations such as 'The Simpsons' and 'Futurama'), but it wasn't until I sat down one day and flipped on an all-day Sci-Fi channel marathon. After watching the first one (the one about the player piano that reveals ones true emotions...can't think of the name, I'll find it later) I was confined to watch for the rest of the day.

I was studying film at the time, so I paid particular attention to the acting, directing, and writing styles. With 'A Piano in the House' (told you I'd find it) from one instant to the next you can see the characters entire...uhmm...character change. From a melancholy butler suddenly transformed to a happy child with the greatness of his smile and brightness in his eyes. You simply don't see that level of acting devotion *anywhere* today. And, if you did it would just be seen as over-acting. Great contemporary stories like 'Eye of the Beholder,' 'Time Enough At Last,' and 'The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street,' which still hold true to modern life and situations arising all over the world. They really make you think...One person told me 'Time Enough At Last' was the most heartbreaking story she'd ever seen (much to my surprise they hadn't had the ending ruined by pop reference). So, it still holds all the power and intrigue it was created with. And it makes a lasting impression. Will any current shows be shown in syndication regularly 40 years from now? Or will this be held in an almost exclusive club with the likes of 'Alfred Hitchcock Presents' and others that will never get old?
  • One of the all time best

' Twilight Zone ' is one of those timeless classics that will live on a long time. Their has not been a time over the last 20 years that I have not made an attempt to sit down and watch at least part of a ' Twilight Zone ' marathon be it on a station such as KTLA in Los Angeles or on Sci-Fi.
    The shows were simple and lacked real special effects but manage to draw you in and maybe even run a chills up your spine. It is amazing watching these episodes today how many giants of Hollywood actually got their start from starring in a ' Twilight Zone ' episode or how many episodes you might actually remember by heart. 'Twilight Zone ' is a show that should not be missed and one that should be enjoyed with the younger generations as classic TV does not require to be in color or contain fancy special effects.
  • I loved twilight zone. I was unusual and unexpected things happened. The endings were suprising.

Twilight zone ran when i was small, that was in the 50's. The suspense was teeth griping. Sometimes you could believed that it really happened. I love the one where the older people in a nursing home had a visitor. And they wanted to be young again. The visitor or new resident, i should say, granted their wish except one held out and did not want to be young. So in the middle of the night they were young and went outside to play. Later on they would decide if they wanted to stay young or become old again. All but one wanted to return to their old self. And the man that held out, who saw all that happened, wanted the chance to become young too. All the residence return to their room excepted him. He played outside kicking the can.
  • I watch it when it's on

I watch it when it's on, if i happen to catch it i'll watch. I actually havn't seen the recent ones because I dont' know when their on. But i loved watching the old black and white episodes and their plot twists. So many shows now a day spoof it so it's good to know which episdoes their spoofing.
  • A classic TV series that had a different story every week.

I love this series and watch it on the Sci-Fi channel when I can. Rod Serling is one of the great writing geniuses of our time. He took TV when it was still pretty new and came up with something totally different. He didnt have all of that high tech computers and digital manipulation that the people of today have and yet nobody can make a show as good as this. He is one of the founding fathers of Sci-Fi in my opinion along with Gene Rodenberry and Isac Asmov. I love it on holidays when they run a twilight zone marathon and I can just watch it all day. This would be a good one to buy on DVD if it is available. I still will watch the new versions of twilight zone and outer limits, but neither one is as good as the original. His Night Gallery was great too.
  • One of a kind TV show

In the past five years, I watch reruns of "The Twlight Zomne" on the Sci-fi Channel. It's never been a kind like it. the stories are fresh and the charcters are memerable. the show is about ordinary people who are trapped in things that the can't change. The episodes in the show shows people who are going though their day when they come upon something unusnal. Something different. something they can't explain. something they can't change and sometimes it something that either change them or traps them forever. it's a land that you can't explain. But Rod Sterling can. He knows this place. it calls "The Twlight Zone."
  • A very thought provoking show.

This show is waaaaay before my time, but I can appreciate good entertainment when I see it. The Twilight Zone opens your mind to other things that were beyond your scope of imagination. It\'s definetely a show watching, I have recommended it to all my friends and they just love it. Parents tell their kids about these awesome shows back then, but the kids think just because it\'s before they were born means its boring. This is coming from a kid herself, so I\'m not insulting anyone. You should definetely watch this show, you will probably learn something from it.
  • The amazing mind of Rod Serling comes alive in The Twilight Zone.

Rod Serling is an absolute genius! How he came up with the stories of the Twilight Zone is a total mystery to me. He was definitley thinking way ahead of his time.

The writing for this show is outstanding. Serling creates stories that scare us, make us laugh, and most importantly, make us think. There is usually a moral tied to the story that is extremely thought-provoking, unlike our typical shows today.

I am always very excited when SciFi runs a marathon of this wonderful show. I can watch for hours on end and never want to flip to something else!

This is by far one of my favorite shows of all time.
  • Freakiness makes it awesome!

I love it! this is probably one of my favorite old shows ever! It's kind of freaky tho. Here is my fact that make it cool:

I think that episodes like Tina the Doll (You know the one with that evil talking doll that calls that man and says "I'm Talking Tina and I'm going to kill you!") and Eye of the Beholder (You know the one that the doctors are telling the woman that her face is severly messed up but when they take off the bandage she's beutiful. But when you look at their face they are like totally weird.) make this show great. *thats all I can say now but I'll review it again later!*
  • A collection of science fiction/beyond reality tales narrated and a lot of times written by Rod Sterling.

I first saw this show as a kid and was somewhat scared by it and didn't understand it most of the time. But as I have grown older I have grown to love this show. Its tales are usually never boring and always grab your attention. There is never bad acting or stupid stories like in other shows such as 'Amazing Stories' which gave a good story or two every now and then, a more Twilight Zone for kids then anything else. Twilight Zone was a show ahead of its time, and will always be consirded a classic among TV shows.
  • An all time great... A classic.

Twilight Zone will make you think about everything from What is the is the future really like? to What would happen if someone killed Hitler when he was a kid? to What is really out there?

Truly Mind-Blowing... the most wonderous show around. So great it is still being shown 40 years after it supposedly stopped. It is obviously one of my all time favorites.
    King of all of the Sci-Fi shows. No other Sci Fi show can even hope to compare to this. One of my favorites and one of yours too when you watch it.

THE END!
  • wow

Rod Serling was a true genius to present such timeless work that is as relevant today as it was when he presented it. The Twilgiht Zone episodes all deal with timeless issues that will always ponder, intrigue, challenge, and shape mankind. The morals and characters of human and how they play out against the backdrop of varying issues faced in our day to day lives are univeral, ongoing, and constant. Rod Serling was philosopical in his approach to writing and keeping these humane issues ever present.

• Twilight Zone is my personal favorite.I can watch all episodes repeatedly and never bore of them.I use my Anthrology book to track the episodes which includes summaries from the man himself,Rod Serling.His work is always be ahead of its time & timeless.

• This is not your typical "sci-fi" show. It is actually is an allegory of life in the late '50s/early '60s. One of the best shows ever to air on tv.

CBS advertised this show as a science-fiction/fantasy show. However, Rod Serling hid powerful messages and criticisms about the daily tensions of the late '50s/early '60s beneath the fantasy.

This is a great show. Well-written and well-acted. Many episodes had mind-boggling twists. Many are the very definition of ironic. Many things in this show have crossed into general culture. Rod Serling's dry monologues, the theme song, the opening monologues. Even the term "The Twilight Zone" itself. Many episodes have crossed into general culture as well: Nightmare at 30,000 Feet (there's a monkey on the wing!), Time Enough at Last (the twist at the end), and "Eye of the Beholder."

I love this show. It's amazing. Very influential. Everyone must see this show.
  • an old favorite

i love this show. it is without a doubt one of the greatest series to ever be produced. it went off the air long before i was born, but i bet i have seen almost every episode. i love when they do the new years marathon on sci fi channel.
  • this is by far one of the best casts for any tv show that i have ever seen in my entire life.

i think it was a great tv series!!! i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!i think it was a great tv series!!!
  • One of the greatest show of all time, in the most disturbing way possible.

When it comes right down to it I can't choose whether Beast wars is my all time favorite shows or Twilight zone is. This show is what made Sci fi and Mystery science theater made it go up another level in comedy. The word most likely used to describe this show is Disturbing and Mind boggling but in a good way. If your a little kid and saw an episode like the human doll house or nightmare at 20,000 feet it would most likely scare you and question life as it is (Right here baby, I'm one of them). This is without a doubt the best sci fi show ever IMO, I mean seeing young Shatner and Telly Savalas is classic stuff. I higly recommend this series to anyone.
  • I'm not normally a fan of Sci-Fi shows, but I can't get enough of The Twilight Zone.

Ah, "The Twilight Zone". All I can say about this show is that even though it was on television before I was born, I truly started to enjoy watching the various episodes with Rod Sterling narrating the trips through the storylines as I started to get older.

In addition to Sterling's narrations of the episodes, I have to say that there are other reasons as to why I enjoy this show so much. One of which has to do with the originality of the writing staff in portraying numerous creepy storylines that keep me on the edge of my seat, no matter how many times I may have seen the episodes. That is a great sign of how timeless the writing of the show is, even though the episodes and the show are from the middle part of the last century.

Another thing that I enjoy about "The Twilight Zone" is how in several of the episodes big-name stars would be the main characters of the storylines, with Robert Redford in "Nothing in the Night", Burgess Meredith in "Time Enough at Last" and William Shatner in "Nick of Time" as several examples. I find it nice to see several of these big names on the small screen before they really got famous.

These are just a few of the reasons why I love watching "The Twilight Zone" so much. When the show aired the storylines just seemed so ahead of their time and that is what made the show so great.
  • A great sci-fi show. Very creepy at times.

I love this series and watch it on Sci-Fi chanel when I can. Rod Serling is one of the great writing geniuses of our time. He took TV when it was still pretty new and came up with something totally different. He didnt have all of that high tech computers and digital manipulation that the people of today have and yet nobody can make a show as good as this. He is one of the founding fathers of Sci-Fi in my opinion along with Gene Rodenberry and Isac Asmov. I love it on holidays when they run a twilight zone marathon and I can just watch it all day. This would be a good one to buy on DVD if it is available. I still will watch the new versions of twilight zone and outer limits, but neither one is as good as the original. His Night Gallery was great too.
  • A great sci-fi show. Very creepy at times.

I love this series and watch it on Sci-Fi chanel when I can. Rod Serling is one of the great writing geniuses of our time. He took TV when it was still pretty new and came up with something totally different. He didnt have all of that high tech computers and digital manipulation that the people of today have and yet nobody can make a show as good as this. He is one of the founding fathers of Sci-Fi in my opinion along with Gene Rodenberry and Isac Asmov. I love it on holidays when they run a twilight zone marathon and i can just watch it all day. This would be a good one to buy on DVD if it is available. i still will watch the new versions of twilight zone and outer limits, but neither one is as good as the original. His Night Gallery was great too.
  • A great and classic sci-fi show.

This was a great show in all respects. I loved Rod Serling's introductions and I especially loved the episode that he wrote. Everyone has their favorite episodes i guess. I have several. I loved any of the shows that involved a space ship. When I saw a space ship I was sure it would be good. I liked the classic episode with William Shattner. Well both of the ones I can remember. One of them was remade in the movie. The one where he saw the gremlin out on the wing of the air plane. the other one was when his car was broke down and he and his girlfriend went to a restaurant. There was a little fortune telling machine inside and people would become addicted to it's information. Classic, classic, classic.
  • This show is cool yet slightly creepy!

I love this show! This show is really great! The creator of the show was a genius for creating this show! I never really liked old TV shows from the 50s, 60s, and 70s but when this came along I suddenly changed my mind. I like how it\'s in black and white because they make this show seem more darker even though that\'s probably because they couldn\'t show TV shows in color back then. I like that not every episode ends badly. It\'s too bad they couldn\'t really revive this show in the 2002-2003 version. They should have a movie.
  • Top Shelf Sci-Fi

I called this show a "classic" because that is a fact; but there are many other great things I can say. First this show is certainly in the top 3 of sci-fi shows of all time. Not only that it is one of the top 10, if not 5, show over all. This show used horror, mystery, suspense, comedy, drama and so on in it run. Not only that exploited many techniques from tv, movie and even theatre to command the story. I would say there will be now show quite like the original Twilight Zone. Whether it is remake or a copy cat, this show will never be topped. Also this show used great theatre "effects" that still hold up today. When it comes down to it, this is a show you can watch and watch with never get tired of it. 9.9 is my highest rating ever and since I refuse to give a 10 rating, this is going to be my highest rating ever.
  • Wow.

Can't get enough of this show either. Love the black and white first of all and my daughter has gotten hooked on this as well. There were some episodes that scared the bejeebers outta me, I gotta tell ya. Overall, there was a sense of storytelling that no show has been able to capture other than Amazing Stories. The newer episodes had a hard act to follow altough they seemed to be a lot of remakes of the originals
  • This show features everyday people put in strange out-of-this-world experiences.

This is truly a great show. I wish the show would have run longer and had more episodes since Rod Serling is not around to do the writing anymore. The newer versions of this show still manage to be better than most of the other shows out there. Even some of the re-hashed storylines aren't so bad since you got to see current actors and actresses playing the parts. It's kind of like when a classic song is covered by a current day music group. It use really bother me as I would think that the current day band is trying to ride someone else’s coat tails. However I have come to learn that in music, movies and television many of today kids would not be exposed to the older material if it were not made popular by someone in the current time. But the big name stars of today don't make appearances like they use to for this classic trend setting hit show.
  • One of the few bright spots in the 'Vast Wasteland' of early 1960s TV.

One of the few bright spots in the 'Vast Wasteland' of early 1960s TV.
    The Twilight Zone brought some of the best SF and fantasy writers to the screen. As a youngster, the "The twilight zone" impacted (and SCARED) me.
    As an adult, it keeps alive that sense of wonder that keeps getting more difficult to find.
    It also takes me back to that time when the moon was still a great, seemingly unreachable, mystery (along with a plethora of undiscovered technology)!
    We may not have yet acquired android grandmothers or talked to the dead by telephone, but dreaming can be fun!!

1 2 3 4 5