The Twilight Zone

CBS (ended 1964)

The Twilight Zone Fan Reviews (133)

• Twilight Zone celebs doing Nostalgia Con in Maryland

If you get out there and do the convention circuit, you'll find quite a few actors who appeared on The Twilight Zone. It's fun to pick their brain about the experience whenever the opportunity presents itself. I'll have a chance to do that with three actors, Josip Elic, Veronica Cartwright, and Piper Laurie at the 2014 Mid-Atlantic Nostalgia Convention in Hunt Valley, Sept. 18-20.

Josip Elic - The Obsolete Man (Screening at the con as well)

Veronica Cartwright - I Sing the Body Electric

Piper Laurie appeared in a segment called The Burning Man on the series in the 80s. That counts, right?

• mesmerising soulful unmatched really make u feel the 5th dimmension....

evry episode is top notch n perhaps yo'll find many movies based on such single episodes in many diffferent 20 ODD MINUTES MAKES U FEEL IN A BLACK AND WHITE 4:3 RESOUTION WHAT I BET IS UNMATCHED IN EVEN TODAYS 3D'S... NO ONE CAN HATE THIS SHOW....
  • One of the Staples

This is by far the best of the horror/mystery genre. A good question would be "Who does not like The Twilight Zone?"
  • What works better than my imagination? Rod Serling's imagination.

It is saturday night and there is nothing out there to do so I sit on the couch zapping through the tv grid, when suddenly, I am impacted by the black and white tones of a show. My first thought is: What is this old program doing here? but that doesnt stop me from getting minute after minute deeper into the dark and twisted corners of the Twilizght Zone. For 30 minutes every saturday night all my problems seemed to fade away, homework, chores, everyday issues vanished magicaly under the semitones of this work of art. Everything about this show I love, the acting, the stories, and above all, that enchanting and magical energy that this show, unlike no other, spells from its depths. Maybe the show is terrible for others but for me it is a show that takes me to a different place, a different universe, every time i taste its delicious flavors.
  • living in the twilight

this show is the perfect convination of mind games and mistery on a program its some thing that realy gets me thinking at night are we in the twilight zone?

What can I say which has not already been said? Rod Serling was genius! This show was fantastic. Yes there were a few stories that left something to be desired (and did not appear to fit into the meme of the show) on balance I will gladly take the whole of this series to a lot of what is out there today.

Not only did Serling and Co. frighten you at times, they also made you think about your internal and external environment. As Mr. Serling himself stated in the introduction to the show:

"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone'."

This perfect encapsulates the mood of the show.
  • youve just crossed into the twilight zone

this is a materpiece and i think the greatest show of all time. the show premiered in 1959 and it ended on 1964, it had 5 amazing seasons. after it ended in 1983 they made the movie which for me was decent though dissapointing because the only original segment was the first and the other 3 were based off of episodes from the show. i wish they couldve all been original ones. then their was 2 reboots i havent seen the 1980s one yet, i saw the one in 2003 and i hated it. so theres some history about the show for you and why it is so great because every episode tells a tale about time travel, things from other worlds, morels and more. if your a fan of scifi things and havent seen the twilight zone then your not a scifi fan.
  • The one the greatest science fiction TV shows ever produced.

The Twilght Zone is by far the greatest masterpeice Rod Serling ever produced and directed, and that is saying a lot. It was not very much on special effects, but it gave thought provcking stories that set trends to future science fiction TV shows such as Star Trek. I never get tired of watching the episodes of this great program because they ranged from science fiction to fantasy to horror to suspence, and they ranged from horror to drama to comedy. I just have to admit that The Twilight Zone is one of the greatest science fiction programs that was ever made.
  • amazing the best show ever made

the twilight zone is the best shows ever made. the episodes are suspenseful they have to do with time travel, paranormal things and more. every episode is interesting and theres different charaters every episode. the show ran from October 1, 1959 to June 1, 1964 and people are still watching it today because of how amazing the show was.
  • It's hard to describe such a television masterpiece.

Wow, this show is utterly amazing! Rod Serling is one of the greatest science fiction writers of all time, and so is Charles Beaumont! "The Twilight Zone" has timeless stories about morality that are just as applicable today as they were in the early 1960s. Another part of it's charm is how Rod announces it everyday, which is usually hilarious because of his strange way of talking. I swear, he must be from outer space. No human could come up with such great ideas. Rod's favorite themes in The T-Zone seem to be space exploration, isolation and war. It's impossible to pick a favorite episode of "The Twilight Zone" since so many are memorable and amazing, but here are a few:

1. "Eye of the Beholder" - Woman gets plastic surgery to be "normal".
    2. "A Stop at Willoughby" - Man escapes to a magical town called Willoughby.
    3. "The After Hours" - Woman discovers that she is a mannequinn.
    4. "Five Characters in Search of an Exit" - An army man, a clown, a hobo, a ballerina and a bagpipe player try to escape an enclosed area.
    5. "Miniature" - A man becomes obsessed with a doll that he believes is alive.
    6. "The New Exhibit" - Chaos ensures after a man brings home wax figures based off famous murderers.
    7. "Number 12 Looks Just Like You" - In the future, you must "transform" your body to look more like a supermodel (which is scarily happening now).
    8. "It's a Good Life" - It's really good that I think this episode is good, it really is!
    9. "The Masks" - A family wears the masks of who they truly are.
    10. "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street" - A suburban town loses all control when the power goes out.
    11. "Twenty-Two" - A psychological patient has a recurring nightmare about room 22.
    12. "Perhance to Dream" - A man thinks that if he falls asleep, he'll die.

Rod Serling, you rule!
  • My favorite show of all time!

The Twilight Zone and Night Gallery are the two greatest television shows of all time. Rod Serling was a genius. My favorite episodes are "The Hunt" and "Jess-Belle". I have the complete definitive collection and I would just watch every episode over and over again and I would never get tired of it. Every time the syfy channel has Twilight Zone marathons for Christmas, New Years, and Independence Day I would get so exited and I would not leave the house until it ended. I love this show, nothing will ever compares to the excellency that is The Twilight Zone.
  • Even though not every episode is a winner, the clear victor of meaningful and emotionally-relating television is "The Twilight Zone."

Back when television was something watch in the evenings of after long and hard days of work, families just wanted to get together to watch some interesting programs on their analog television sets. Although I'm far too young to have known exactly what the excitement was to hear the opening theme of The Twilight Zone on Sunday evenings, I feel to this day that the same haunting theme rings in the minds of many who are giving the time to listen.

The concept of Rod Serling's Twilight Zone series is to take normal human strife and problems, and to mix supernatural events to make the whole thing interesting. Each episode lasts for 30 minutes, and it was usually only 30 minutes each night for each new episode. A total of 156 episodes were produced, and even though the original essence of The Twilight Zone were attempted to be re-captured in the future, none have come close to Rod Serling's ingenious original.

What makes The Twilight Zone the greatest show that was on television is not only the sentimental value I carry with it from watching the "days of old" episodes with my folks, but what it truly conveys all in itself. Human beings are selfish creatures that show such primitive and evil behavior inside, while also exerting clarity and warm-hearting kindness that reached universal levels. And, in essence, that is The Twilight Zone. It simply shows the true meanings of human beings and how very relating we can be to these episodes. Many of the episodes found in the series are dark-themed and depressing, while others are uplifting and sometimes witty. The chilling effects from camera angles, acting, eery music, and black and white picture all come together to bring out the meanings behind each episode.

While all of this sounds wonderful, not every episode is a winner, and some can seem like wastes of time, but by looking past the very few duds in the series, we can truly look at what we really are as human beings. Seen from different perspectives of normal, every-day people, deep morals reach the audience unlike any show has done before. The Twilight Zone is beautiful, artistic work that still offers appreciation for those that are looking.
  • A Timeless, Classic.

When Writing Meant Something,
    Before Corporate Totally Eliminated It.
    There was The Twilight Zone.
    Quite possibly the best television show to ever grace our screens & penetrate our lives.

Every episode is not a 10.
    There are smatterings of mediocrity, but they are few & far between.
    Even then there is an attempt to push the envelope.

When there are 10's there are 10++'s.
    Episodes that not only entertain, but penetrate deep & camera-work that for it's time & economy is timeless.

There is a reason it runs every year 2x's a year for 48 hours straight.
    No other show in TV history does.

I can only repeat what others have said.
    A timeless, classic.
  • DodoDo, DodoDo...

I love this show!!! ^_^ I've loved it since I was a little girl, and I appreciate it even more now!!! :D And what's better, they have a marathon every year on my birthday (Dec. 31)! My favorite episode has to either be A Stop At Willoughby, or that one episode where the Earth gets closer and closer to the sun, until everyone dies, then the Earth gets farther and farther from the sun until the remaining people freeze to death. But seriously, if you don't watch this show, you should seriously consider it. It'sreally amazing, and every episode has an exciting twist.
  • I wanted my Bottom Line to be F'ing Awesome" but they didn't have that option. My goal is to watch every single one. Not in a row.

Why do I need to write a play to submit a comment? Why do I need to write a play to submit a comment? Why do I need to write a play to submit a comment? Why do I need to write a play to submit a comment? Why do I need to write a play to submit a comment? Why do I need to write a play to submit a comment? Why do I need to write a play to submit a comment? Why do I need to write a play to submit a comment? Why do I need to write a play to submit a comment?
  • Get ready to enter another dimension!

The Twilight Zone had the ability to make a person think. It wasn't just mindless entertainment. Some of the episodes scared me senseless when I was young. Other stories inspired me to use my imagination on the playground. Rod Serling was certainly a gifted writer-too bad we lost him at such a young age.

Most of the stories had a message to get across (usually commented on at the end by Mr. Serling himself). I remember asking myself, "What would I do in that situation? What if…."

And so we had the thinking person's series that was also very entertaining. A rare combination in any age.
  • You are heading into another dimension............

The Twilight Zone is show that can't be forgotten, once you've seen it, you don't forget about it. Twilight Zone also taught good morals too.

Twilight Zone is simply a classic, and even today, it is great to watch. One episode I found Scary was the doll one,
    the one where the guy dies in the end because he fell down the stairs. Some episode are very creepy I must admit, and if I saw that same episode today I would feel chills up my spine. Twilight Zone is a great show, and It's still on the air too! That's my review, thanks for reading. -anderson587
  • This is one of the best Science Fiction shows that has been made.

This show has nothing wrong with it. It is like one long book with many short stories. If anyone that reads this loves good sci-fi stories read a Ray Bradbury book. May I suggest The illistrated man. It is a collection of stories alot like the twilight zone. The only thing missing is Rod Sterling. I have seen many episodes and so far my favorite one is The Mask. It is about a sick millionare that makes his heirs where masks that show their true nature. To be honest this is the only Twilight zone series for me. The others are just cheap knock offs.
  • The Anthology series that is still a milestone in the American History of Television. The Stories were based mostly on Supernatural and Mystery but were also grounded on a reality-based fact.

I Love this Show...!
    The Show explored the countless meaning of life and various aspects and associations of Paranormal with base reality.
    Rod Serling was truly a Genius, none can ever replace his masterpieces.!
    The Show also included many awkward subjected episodes which were totally berserk at that time but now can be fully understood. Aliens, Time Travel and Alternate Realities, All of them were part of Twilight Zone extended mythos!
    I would like to suggest every open-minded man to watch this show, This can definitely change their world, It will change the way they see and feel this Universe! I can Bet on it!
  • The subjects in each episode of the show ranged from many categories: Dimensions, Time Travel, Space Travel, Mind, Humanity, Death, 2nd Chance, Creatures, Enchanted Objects, Machines, Devil/Evil, and Magic...

The Twilight Zone was and is one of the best programs EVER! I grew up watching this show. Even though I've seen all 156 episodes, I continue watching them on Sci Fi channel every weeknight. I admit it is one of my guilty pleasures in life. I even watch the marathons each year when they come on TV. Rod Serling was a masterful storyteller. I even ordered the Complete Definitive Collection on DVD. They sure don't make shows like this anymore. It's a complete shame that they don't too. How could you not give it a perfect 10? The show is a CLASSIC!
  • This was a brilliant show way ahead of its time.

This show was around long before me, but I love it. It's a classic with themes that still hold up today. So many of the shows deal with the theme of war and man's treatment of man. I love the ones that deal with human psychology, especially when man is his own worst enemy. I also love that there's always a twist at the end of every episode. Whenever Sci Fi Channel has a marathon, I'm tuned in to watch. Every one is a brilliant study and commentary on human nature. Of course, some are just plain funny and entertaining. Being originally from Ohio, I have a sentimental affection for the ones set there. Let's face it, the rural settings make it perfect for the bizarre and frightening to happen. One of my favorites is "It's a Good Life" with Anthony, who can make things happen with his wishes. As a teacher, it's also one of the most terrifying!
  • The world is as we see it.What we know has come to us through millions of years of evolution, and we are at the dawn of a complete shift in humanity,a change that will accelerate the previous million years of change into mere decades...Will we survive??

The quest for ultimate answers has been found through out the ages in the mysteries of religion , the quest for the hero , the challenge of survival. Humans need more than mere food and shelter, but the achievement of this can sometimes be more than we are capable of. The human mind has changed from its early form, and archeology tells us that the size of the brain increased incredibly from two million years ago and gained its maximum size found in the skulls of Neanderthals...evolutions and histories most famous dead end. Our brains are somewhat smaller than one hundred thousand years ago, but it is safe to assume the "wiring" and "circuitry" are still progressing, forming stronger bonds and discovering better pathways than before for information and processing. Studies have shown children are on average higher in I.Q. than their parents. So what does this have to do with the show? I'm sure you can work it out...
  • The Twilight Zone will always be a classic.

Even though this show was way before I was born, I love it. It makes me wonder if some of these episodes could be true. The theme song is awesome! My favorite episode will always be "Time Enough At Last" starring Batman star Burgess Meredith, one was born in the state I currently live in, Ohio. My other favorite episode is the one where the lady sees her double from another dimension at the bus stop. Those two will always be remembered. This year, I am going to try to make it to the Twilight Zone convention. I haven't met any of the stars yet and this is supposed to be the last convention, because they can't get any people to come besides the ones they have every year.
  • Good Show! Very Creative.

I would like it if you played it on TV more often n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n!!!!!!
  • Such an awsome and interesting show!

Ahh...what to say ummm... well this show is one of my favs i think the first epi i watched was The Dummy lol i was so scared it wsa not even funny i seen it like whan i ws about 8 years old and i had hella bad dreams lol but anyways i have all the episodes their pretty awsome i think they should come out with some more episodes but then again i kinda don't like the last ones they made like The Fear i thought that episode was so stupid i think the back in the day ones were the best!!
  • Wow. Amazing. Entertaining

This show had some of the best writing and acting of all time. It's amazing how great this show looked and felt for being so "old". Rod Serling was a man before his time kinda guy. It's amazing how he stood up to TV producers and executives who wanted to change his show. This integrity resonated in the show and, I believe, would have killed the show. Some of TVs most classic storylines came from episodes on TTZ. There are just too many to name so I won't even try. Suffice it to say that between this show and the Outer Limits everything sci-fi takes its queue from any of these episodes. I am always overjoyed to watched the series again on New Years Eve on Sci-Fi and have been a fan ever since I was little.
  • The best show that has ever been and ever will be on television.

The Twilight Zone is my favorite show ever. It is the most original show I have ever had the pleasure of watching. Rod Serling is possibly the greatest writer that ever lived. I love watching the Twilight Zone. We have every episode on DVD at my house so I always enjoy watching them. My favorite episode is The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street. The ending just really blew my mind. And it sent out such a powerful message. Most every episode did send out a good message. That was another thing I liked about the show. My favorite episodes were the ones that dealt with aliens and time travel . They were always very good. The Twilight Zone is the best show that has ever been and will ever be on television.
  • Great classic show!

Wished that there were more classic shows like this as that is what tv is lacking these days. Hosted by writer Rod Serling, the show also was a successor to Alfred Hitchcock Presents. As it shows stories that you don't expect at all. Meaning expect the unexpected. As Serling didn't want to show you but to pull you and drag you through it. But in a good kind of way.
  • Submitted for your perusal . . . . Mr Rod Serling, genius!

Picture the scene, it is night, there is thick fog, and a man with a familiar face in a dark suit walk out of the gloom up to the camera, he speakes, "Object in question tonight is a television series. For all the brilliance that is Star Trek, Doctor Who, the Gerry Anderson shows, and the many written works by some of the great authors and storytellers, nothing can touch the very special dimension that is not only of sight and sound, but of mind. It truly is a place where the boundaries where our imagination, and it is a series that still seems so fresh today. On October 2nd 1959, television took our imaginations into this place, and they still remain there now. That place we know of course to be . . the Twilight Zone."
    We will never see its like again.
  • Nothing else like it.

I can tell you that I grew up watching this creep and crazy show. I lived for it, when I was young I would sneak and watch it from the hallway on my parents tv set. How can anyone get enough of this show. This one truly needs to be brought back, but keep it in black and white. It adds to the mystery. My favorite episode was the one with the ventriloquist dummy. Very fascinating!
    This link gets you to imdb, it has the cast and story line to the entire show. Everyone has their favorite "Twilight episode".
< 1 2 3 4 5