The Twilight Zone

CBS (ended 1964)

Gislef

The Twilight Zone Fan Reviews (133)

• The Twilight Zone was a truly great show whose influence can be seen even to this very day.

Rod Sterling's "Twilight Zone" is a show that featured numerous different guest actors starring in stories that ranged from terrifying to thought-provoking, to even humorous.

The episodes were each pretty unique with respects to one another, and almost all of them managed to be superb. It's amazing that even to this day, you can see some of the plotlines from the show recycled in various other series and movies.

Some of the more memorable episodes include "Living Doll," which features Talking Tina, a doll who comes to life and tries to kill a man (decades before Chucky ever did it), "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet," which stars William Shatner, and "The Eye of the Beholder," which really shows us just how subjective beauty is.

Luckily, this show can still be seen frequently on the air, most likely on the Sci-Fi Channel. If you've missed it, you definitely owe it to yourself to watch.
  • Freaky, but I couldn't help watching...

I remember as a kid I couldn't stand it when my sister wanted to watch this show, because I knew it would freak me out. Everything about it freaked me out, from the freaky-calm-suave Rod Sterling (who should be screaming and running away) to the freaky black-and-whiteness of the show, even the freaky swirling vortex intro montage, I was just too young to be watching this stuff. And yet I did. And in the midst of my terror, knowing I was going to be freaked out the rest of the day, I enjoyed it. Anything that could keep me glued to my chair while every quaking fiber in my body was tearing itself to shreds must be good.
  • This is genius, very fun, very intellegent... jut pure genius

I love this show. Serling is one of the geniuses of our time, he took TV when it was a newer idea,and created a classic. He didnt have all of that high tech stuff we have now, yet he cereated a show that is better than most any show that uses that stuff. He is the father of Sci-Fi. Some of the most enjoyable times I have is when it's a Sunday, I have nothing to do, and there is a twilight zone marathon on..... Good times, good times.
  • To this day, it still is the show that best personified the element of suspense.

I watched the new Twilight Zone the other day and I couldn't believe how crappy and unoriginal it was. There was absolutely no suspense at all and I sat there in bewildered boredom for the full 30 minutes.

The original, however, was much different. Some of the episodes were downright freaky, but most were at the very least interesting. The masks they sometimes had people wear are STILL some of the freakiest that I've seen on the screen, whether it be TV or movies. The theme song was great in its simplicity but it really set the mood for the entire show.

My favorite episode was the "how to serve man" one. I just loved the ending, as the guy is getting on the alien's spaceship, thinking that the aliens want to serve his every need, a guy comes and informs him that "serve" in this instance means a cookbook. What a great show.
  • The original SCI-FI show that launced a generation of great shows and movies like Star Trek and many others.

This show never, ever gets old. I watch it every chance I get which is usually on the holidays on Sci-Fi channel. The 80\'s and current remakes are horrible and the current one should be cancelled. This has been a favorite show of mine for a long time! You should definately watch this show when you get the chance!
  • It's just a classic, what more could I say?

Even through two reincarnations (both done in full color), this is the original that I keep coming back to for more. I fell totally in love with The Twilight Zone when I was a sophomore in high school. The first episode I ever saw was Eye of the Beholder and it seemed to stick. I wanted to see another episode that same day. Luckily that same year, I got to see To Serve Man and I just loved the twist at the end. Ever since those moments in sophomore English, I have wanted to see more of the series, and I have.
  • This rates as one of tv\'s greatest shows - a classic.

What I love about the original Twilight Zone is that there was usually some unexpected twist. It was usually thought provoking. The show grabbed your attention and you remembered it. Even today when I think of all the terrorist nonsense I recall the episode of Monsters on Maple Street and how easy it is to make someone else the enemy. Rod Sterling was a gifted writer and his contribution will always be remembered in tv history. Even in his time there was objection to the moral theme of the show\'s episodes and he was taking a big risk but fortunately the show was very popular. I wish there were more shows like this now. Science fiction does not have to degenerate into horror tv like it tends to do these days.
  • Exercises the brain and invites the viewers to help to solve or to understand the meaning of what they're watching.

This ubelievably, believable show makes us all explore the possibilities and tries to give explanations to the unknown in the world. This show makes you think, opens the mind to whats out there. Both exciting, and scary.... no matter the reason, its amazing. There is no other show that can ever live up to the viewers expectations. This show is a personal favorite. It paved the way for many other shows, mostly scifi. It exercises the brain and makes you think twice about something. This show is truely one of a kind.
  • One of the best shows ever on television.

Rod Serling was a master. He managed to create a show which was eerie, fascinating and thought-provoking. By his own admission, 1/3 of the shows were excellent, 1/3 were mediocre and 1/3 were terrible, but even the terrible ones were interesting to watch. Many actors and writers got breaks due to shows like the original Twilight Zone.

Mr. Serling is sorely missed in today's bland, flashy, non-content era of television.
  • One of the most original and ground-breaking shows in telivision history.

This is a television classic. It is far ahead of it's time. In each episode, there is a major plot twist that will keep you on the edge of your seat. This show rarely had a miss. I recommend this show to everyone. It is highly underappreciated. Some episodes that stand out are "Time Enough At Last" (my personal favorite), "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet", "The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street", "It's a Good Life", and "Eye of the Beholder". Everyone should at least try watching this show. It is an absolute classic that anyone would enjoy, even now, 40 years later.
  • Spooky and exilarating!

I didn't get interested in the show until my teen years when I started being allowed to stay up later. I love seeing actors who got their start there.

I have the first two volumes of the show and I love to wait until a stormy night, turn the lights out and watch little Billy control his whole town or observe some other weird genious of Rod Serling. I'm not a science fiction person in the slightest, but the Twilight Zone is definitely one entertaining exception.
  • One of the Best

The Twilight Zone was way before my time (i'm 17) so the fact that someone my age would love this show so much shows that it has stood the test of time. A lot of concepts and ideas that we see today in the sci-fi genre or some others were originated on The Twilight Zone. There are so many good episodes. Like any other series there might be a few episodes that weren't as good as others but even the few episodes that weren't as good are still very watchable and entertaining.
  • Great show!

This show still brings suspense to many people. This show has been around for ages and it is still entertaining. If youre in the mood for some classic Sci-Fi shows, this is the show for you! Definitley watch this show whenever you have the chance! It is one of my personal favorites!
  • A Classic Show

I love The Twilight Zone, so many episodes are so good. Some of my favorite episodes are "The Howling Man", "Nightmare At 20,000 Feet", and "Where Is Everbody?". The Twilight Zone is definitley a classic show. Each episode is usually science fiction/horror/fantasy or something of that sort. But anyways, every episode is good and it is one of the best shows I have ever watched, although its long before my time, it is still a great show.
  • A Classic!

A Great Start. Notepad is a basic text editor that you can use to create simple documents. The most common use for Notepad is to view or edit text (.txt) files, but many users find Notepad a simple tool for creating Web pages.

Because Notepad supports only very basic formatting, you cannot accidentally save special formatting in documents that need to remain pure text. This is especially useful when creating HTML documents for a Web page because special characters or other formatting may not appear in your published Web page or may even cause errors.

• One of the best anthologies on television. Paved the way of many many shows. Stories were elaborate, yet sometimes repetitive. But it never gets old on the twilight zone.

One of the best anthologies on television. Paved the way of many many shows. Stories were elaborate, yet sometimes repetitive. But it never gets old on the twilight zone. Makes you think now, but what about back then? Must hasve been a treat for them a long time ago. Rod sterling's emmy-worthy stories are fantastic.
  • You are now entering a realm of sight and sound. That signpost up ahead: the Twilight Zone. Those words are written in God's book of great TV lines...without a doubt!

The Twilight Zone is easily one of the most hauntingly clever shows ever deviced by mankind. In all cases, the Twilight Zon never fails to send a chill up one's spine. Whether it's in the form of seeing one man's life fall apart when his glasses break or seeing a camera that can fortell the future...or even a street driven to destroy one another because of some malevolent aliens, the Twilight Zone is the greatest series EVER!!!

For one thing, each episode has music that is eerie and haunting, just what is necessary to send chills and thrills up one's spine. By seeing one episode, you want more. After the moon risies, what happened in every episode you saw seems to mount upon your soul, and drags you under your pitiful covers to dwell upon what you've seen..

For another reason, it isn't the concepts of the episodes that haunt people. In fact, the concepts, at multiple times, are laughable! However, it's the acting that really gets to you. That and the music are the strong points here.

However, the series is simply too short. That is its downfall. In fact, you would love to see this series last for a lifetime...in order to satisfy you hunger for classic horor...

You are now entering a realm beyond sight and sound. A fith deminsion of the imagination. That signpost up ahead: the end of this review.
  • One of the best shows of all time.

Even with gazillions of dollars worth of special effects and other modern television production conveniences, it is hard to match the originality of The Twilight Zone. This show was also a launching pad for many of our best actors, and many of the various show plots have been "borrowed" by countless subsequent TV shows and films. I am glad to see that this show is doing well in rerun and marathon land, giving younger viewers a chance to see what great writing and original thoughs can accomplish. In my opinion, this was THE best show from its era. Certainly the shows are timeless, and as fun to watch today, as when they first came out. You go Rod!
  • The Concept of the Episode "Ring-a-Ding Girl".

A Haunting episode about a magic ring that astrally projects the extremely popular movie star into visiting her hometown and trying to save everyone's lives by telling everyone to stay home as her plane and the real Ring-a-Ding girl crashes into the picnic event.

I've always viewed the Ring-a-Ding Girl episode to be a brief mix of various stories and strange occurrences of the day the music died, along with Patsy Cline and Richie Valens and the Big Bopper.
  • GOD OF SCI FI

This is the god of Sci Fi. As in, it's ahead of it's time. Imagenive, and also a parody ice breaker for some shows, cartoons, etc. I used, and still, watch this with my father all the time. I remember there was one, that this guy, could live forever or something like that, And at the end, turned to dust. AMAXING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! ! ! !! ! !!!! !!
  • Never the same journey twice

The Twilight Zone is one of my personal favorites due to the fact that Rod Serling had created a show with such unusual tales that can vary from satire to social commentary, all with either a fantasy or a sci-fi twist.

Even though some of the shows might seem a tad dated or just hokey, they still entertain in ways that no present-day show can hope to attain.

Rod Serling (& his cadre of talented writers) has left us a legacy & i have been a fan since i first saw an episode (oddly enough) during a rain delay on a Cubs game back in the 1970's on Chicago TV.

Always will be a wondrous journey whose boundaries are that of the imagination.
  • A classic thrilling series.

This is an excellent series of which Rod Sterling made a masterpeice. Now this show does not compare to shows now a dys in disturbingness, but it was ground breaking in its time. But I would prefer it to a lot of shows these days and is truly excellent. It also has these little life lessons and morals in each show that we should all learn to follow.
  • One of the best shows in television history.

The Twilight Zone was an outstanding show. It is amazing at how well written and thought out every single episode was. I think all of them are great. They are all very fun to watch. It is also amazing how a show made back in the 1950s is still a great program today. Ovrerall, The Twilight Zone is an incredible show and is indeed a classic.
  • A Mind Dazzler

I got into the classic show a couple years ago and ended up owning all the episodes within one year. I am truly a mystery lover, and this being in B&W is REALLY awesome.

I like the first season; those episodes always seemed to be more mysterious than the other 4 seasons. I also liked it when they did 1-hour shows and don't understand why Rod Serling went back to 30 minutes in the 5th season. I love that extra 30 minutes of the story line and wished the entire series was 1-hour. But either way, this is a good show and even though I'll watch an episode over and over, I still discover something interesting.
  • Brilliant, influential ...

What could I possibly say that could do Rod Serling's classic show justice? Not a lot, besides the very obvious fact that The Twilight Zone is brilliant. Plain and simple.

Much like Star Trek has influenced science fiction over the last few decades, Twilight Zone has also influenced and spawned many a spin off and various no'er-do-well copy cats, but nothing beats the original. It's dark, edgy, and way before it's time. The stories even today have a common moral that we all can relate to and understand.

Twilight Zone will always be considered one of the greatest shows of all time, and it is most definitely a well deserved observation.
  • The true beginning of modern Science Fiction

It is completely impossible to narrow down the best episodes of this classic TV series...everything about it (writing, acting, production values) is leaps and bounds above anything around today! That being said, since the Christmas season is approaching, Serling made two holiday episodes that are worth taking the time to watch all over again: "The Night of the Meek" with Art Carney and (my personal favorite) "The Changing of the Guard" with Donald Pleasance. Both are timeless classics, and show a very sentimental side to the Twilight Zone...Every year at the holiday season I like to sit back and take these episodes in; they get better and better with each repeated viewing!
  • One of my favorites

As I was growing up, I'd look so forward to Fridays, not only because it was the last day of school, but mostly because that's the night "The Twilight Zone" aired. It was one of my favorite shows of all time, offering excellent stories and fine actors. I'm so glad it came out on VHS first, and now DVD.
  • Classic show!!

This show maybe old but there is nothing compare with it. It tells stories that go from scary to thought provoking. I still watch this show at midnight in SciFi and to tell the truth I have a hard time sleeping afterwards. Depends on the episode also because not all of them are scary. But at the end of each episode there is a moral lesson something that nowadays is not used. Very good show and everybody should watch it. Long live the Twilight Zone!
  • “The Twilight Zone” series is a pioneer of science fiction on television. Original, influential, thought provoking, and scary. Worthy of your time.

“The Twilight Zone” series is a pioneer of science fiction on television. Fans and critics alike praise its use of metaphors to comment on social issues. The show places genuine and relatable characters into bizarre and extreme situations. The series’ five year run would produce episodes that covered topics such as nuclear war, loneliness, the apocalypse, robots, morality, aliens, human behavior, invaders, and much more.

Each episode begins and ends with an intriguing narration from series creator Rod Serling. The show is famous for providing a twist ending at the end of most episodes, but the show has many more elements to appreciate. The show is incredibly well acted and it is easy to invest in its characters. You’ll be able to recognize more than a few faces as the show had some famous guest stars. Additionally, the show has quality music that possesses the ability to direct the viewer’s emotions. The fact the show is in black and white is a benefit to the series as it reflects the dark themes of the series as well as the Zeitgeist of the generation.

Standout writers for the series include Richard Matheson and Rod Serling. Nevertheless, the series isn’t perfect as even these great writers are capable of writing a mediocre episode once in a while. Episodes range from being fantastic - to being average - to being poor. Comparatively, there are far more great episodes throughout the series than there are poor ones. Standout episodes include: The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street, The Howling Man, and To Serve Man.

“The Twilight Zone” has had a direct influence on science fiction, television, and film. The show produced countless classic episodes that have been and continue to be parodied in television and movies.

Original, influential, thought provoking, and scary. Worthy of your time.
  • One of the best!!

The Twilight Zone is in all honesty one of the best television shows ever created. It was well written, it made people think, and it was by all means way ahead of it's time. Sure, the special effects weren't amazing, but the story telling was so thought provoking. We need more shows like this now-a-days...
< 1 2 3 4 5