The Twilight Zone

CBS (ended 1964)

Gislef

The Twilight Zone Fan Reviews (135)

• Twilight Zone celebs doing Nostalgia Con in Maryland

If you get out there and do the convention circuit, you'll find quite a few actors who appeared on The Twilight Zone. It's fun to pick their brain about the experience whenever the opportunity presents itself. I'll have a chance to do that with three actors, Josip Elic, Veronica Cartwright, and Piper Laurie at the 2014 Mid-Atlantic Nostalgia Convention in Hunt Valley, Sept. 18-20.

Josip Elic - The Obsolete Man (Screening at the con as well)

Veronica Cartwright - I Sing the Body Electric

and

Piper Laurie appeared in a segment called The Burning Man on the series in the 80s. That counts, right?

• Top Shows. Oldest, Greatest Sci-Fi Show

First 7 ep, 15 various ep (11, 13-14)
  • mesmerising soulful unmatched really make u feel the 5th dimmension....

evry episode is top notch n perhaps yo'll find many movies based on such single episodes in many diffferent 20 ODD MINUTES MAKES U FEEL IN A BLACK AND WHITE 4:3 RESOUTION WHAT I BET IS UNMATCHED IN EVEN TODAYS 3D'S... NO ONE CAN HATE THIS SHOW....
  • One of the Staples

This is by far the best of the horror/mystery genre. A good question would be "Who does not like The Twilight Zone?"
  • twlight zone

I watched this show religiously with my poor brothers. It was terrifying, as were our circumstances in real life. I am not sure I am mixing it up with Alfred Hitchcock. Two episodes come to mind: one about women in a maternity ward giving birth through their arms, legs and wombs, in mockery of Motherhood and another on about a little girl who who disappears called "The Jar". God, I would just reel from the level of fear it all evoked in remember those episodes?
  • Restaurant

Thanks for the info. My friend went to a newburyport ma restaurant about a week ago. He said that it was really good and had he not been in a hurry, he would have stayed longer and eaten some more. I don't remember the name of the restaurant and it's so frustrating.
  • What works better than my imagination? Rod Serling's imagination.

It is saturday night and there is nothing out there to do so I sit on the couch zapping through the tv grid, when suddenly, I am impacted by the black and white tones of a show. My first thought is: What is this old program doing here? but that doesnt stop me from getting minute after minute deeper into the dark and twisted corners of the Twilizght Zone. For 30 minutes every saturday night all my problems seemed to fade away, homework, chores, everyday issues vanished magicaly under the semitones of this work of art. Everything about this show I love, the acting, the stories, and above all, that enchanting and magical energy that this show, unlike no other, spells from its depths. Maybe the show is terrible for others but for me it is a show that takes me to a different place, a different universe, every time i taste its delicious flavors.
  • living in the twilight

this show is the perfect convination of mind games and mistery on a program its some thing that realy gets me thinking at night are we in the twilight zone?
  • CLASSIC!

What can I say which has not already been said? Rod Serling was genius! This show was fantastic. Yes there were a few stories that left something to be desired (and did not appear to fit into the meme of the show) on balance I will gladly take the whole of this series to a lot of what is out there today.

Not only did Serling and Co. frighten you at times, they also made you think about your internal and external environment. As Mr. Serling himself stated in the introduction to the show:

"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone'."

This perfect encapsulates the mood of the show.
  • youve just crossed into the twilight zone

this is a materpiece and i think the greatest show of all time. the show premiered in 1959 and it ended on 1964, it had 5 amazing seasons. after it ended in 1983 they made the movie which for me was decent though dissapointing because the only original segment was the first and the other 3 were based off of episodes from the show. i wish they couldve all been original ones. then their was 2 reboots i havent seen the 1980s one yet, i saw the one in 2003 and i hated it. so theres some history about the show for you and why it is so great because every episode tells a tale about time travel, things from other worlds, morels and more. if your a fan of scifi things and havent seen the twilight zone then your not a scifi fan.
  • The one the greatest science fiction TV shows ever produced.

The Twilght Zone is by far the greatest masterpeice Rod Serling ever produced and directed, and that is saying a lot. It was not very much on special effects, but it gave thought provcking stories that set trends to future science fiction TV shows such as Star Trek. I never get tired of watching the episodes of this great program because they ranged from science fiction to fantasy to horror to suspence, and they ranged from horror to drama to comedy. I just have to admit that The Twilight Zone is one of the greatest science fiction programs that was ever made.
  • amazing the best show ever made

the twilight zone is the best shows ever made. the episodes are suspenseful they have to do with time travel, paranormal things and more. every episode is interesting and theres different charaters every episode. the show ran from October 1, 1959 to June 1, 1964 and people are still watching it today because of how amazing the show was.
  • Strange Relm

This is no supprise to anyone, I love this show, it just has an imortal quality that has never died. I've watched this show as a kid and it has taught me a lot as well as one of the inspirations for me to write and I still watch and love this show even today.

The show is basically a modern day Asops Fables/Brothers Grimm. There are just a lot of qualies about the show but I'll present at least three of them. For one thing cinamatography, it was a good thing this show was made in around the 50's decade, it may have been ahead of it's time but it was made at the right time. The black and white cinamatography really give each tale a very dreamlike senseibilty which make the fantasy world of the Twilight Zone all the more effective and rather believable.

Second, the show had minimum to no special effects, this show was always more focused and interested in the human condition and issues of morality. Each tale was all about character and what they did and how they felt during each episode. Third, most of the episodes were memorable and from the brilant writing, acting, and direction most of those episodes have litterally became as memorable as eternal literature. Here is a list of ten of my personal favorates.
    Reviews of them in this section.

1. The Monsters of Maple Street
    7. Stop at Willowby
    8. The Masks
    9. Occurance at Owl Creek Bridge
    10. A World of His Own

And of course over the years there have been at least a couple of revivals (one in the 80's and 90's) but personally in my book both never really measured up very well, they weren't bad but were just not that good. They just seemed to lack those qualities that made the original special, making them come off as almost run on the mill anthology series, their worth a try though at least but I can't gurentee you'll feel at home.

So, the orginal is the real deal. The Twilight Zone is a place we all love to visit again and again, and will continue to exist for generations and decades to come.
  • Despite the fact that many Twilight Zone fans rate this as a weak link in the series, I must disagree. It has many funny moments. It is supposed to be satirical, and the episode does it well.

5.2
    I will admit that it is not necessarily one of the best episodes of the Twilight Zone. The magic of this series lies in the fact that each and every episode was different. Some deal with the end of the world or the injustices of society. This episode is meant to be satirical and in this respect it delivers in spades. This is not an episode that delves deeply into the psychie of man and/or his plight in the world. Although I was not alive at the time this episode was created and aired, I have seen some truely awful westerns from the 1960\'s. This episode marks everything that was wrong with the spaghetti westerns. More recent western-themed movies such as Young Guns and Tombstone only further point out the deficiencies of some of the truely awful westerns of the 60\'s.
    I would rate this as one of the funnier episodes of the Twilight Zone. Take it for what is, avoid any deeper analysis.
  • Who said it was fake?

6.3
    The Twilight zone exists! Many people just watch the show because they like to freak themselves out, but I watch it because I have been there. During my visit to the twilight zone I had nothing. There were no people, food, plants, animals, bugs, and anything else. The next day I woke in my bed. Apparantly I had forgotten my medication so that was my way of getting into the Twilight Zone. So my visit has made this show a personal favorite. Maybe Ron Stewert has been in the Twilight Zone before, I'll have to go to his graveandask.
  • It's hard to describe such a television masterpiece.

Wow, this show is utterly amazing! Rod Serling is one of the greatest science fiction writers of all time, and so is Charles Beaumont! "The Twilight Zone" has timeless stories about morality that are just as applicable today as they were in the early 1960s. Another part of it's charm is how Rod announces it everyday, which is usually hilarious because of his strange way of talking. I swear, he must be from outer space. No human could come up with such great ideas. Rod's favorite themes in The T-Zone seem to be space exploration, isolation and war. It's impossible to pick a favorite episode of "The Twilight Zone" since so many are memorable and amazing, but here are a few:

1. "Eye of the Beholder" - Woman gets plastic surgery to be "normal".
    2. "A Stop at Willoughby" - Man escapes to a magical town called Willoughby.
    3. "The After Hours" - Woman discovers that she is a mannequinn.
    4. "Five Characters in Search of an Exit" - An army man, a clown, a hobo, a ballerina and a bagpipe player try to escape an enclosed area.
    5. "Miniature" - A man becomes obsessed with a doll that he believes is alive.
    6. "The New Exhibit" - Chaos ensures after a man brings home wax figures based off famous murderers.
    7. "Number 12 Looks Just Like You" - In the future, you must "transform" your body to look more like a supermodel (which is scarily happening now).
    8. "It's a Good Life" - It's really good that I think this episode is good, it really is!
    9. "The Masks" - A family wears the masks of who they truly are.
    10. "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street" - A suburban town loses all control when the power goes out.
    11. "Twenty-Two" - A psychological patient has a recurring nightmare about room 22.
    12. "Perhance to Dream" - A man thinks that if he falls asleep, he'll die.

Rod Serling, you rule!
  • My favorite show of all time!

The Twilight Zone and Night Gallery are the two greatest television shows of all time. Rod Serling was a genius. My favorite episodes are "The Hunt" and "Jess-Belle". I have the complete definitive collection and I would just watch every episode over and over again and I would never get tired of it. Every time the syfy channel has Twilight Zone marathons for Christmas, New Years, and Independence Day I would get so exited and I would not leave the house until it ended. I love this show, nothing will ever compares to the excellency that is The Twilight Zone.
  • Even though not every episode is a winner, the clear victor of meaningful and emotionally-relating television is "The Twilight Zone."

Back when television was something watch in the evenings of after long and hard days of work, families just wanted to get together to watch some interesting programs on their analog television sets. Although I'm far too young to have known exactly what the excitement was to hear the opening theme of The Twilight Zone on Sunday evenings, I feel to this day that the same haunting theme rings in the minds of many who are giving the time to listen.

The concept of Rod Serling's Twilight Zone series is to take normal human strife and problems, and to mix supernatural events to make the whole thing interesting. Each episode lasts for 30 minutes, and it was usually only 30 minutes each night for each new episode. A total of 156 episodes were produced, and even though the original essence of The Twilight Zone were attempted to be re-captured in the future, none have come close to Rod Serling's ingenious original.

What makes The Twilight Zone the greatest show that was on television is not only the sentimental value I carry with it from watching the "days of old" episodes with my folks, but what it truly conveys all in itself. Human beings are selfish creatures that show such primitive and evil behavior inside, while also exerting clarity and warm-hearting kindness that reached universal levels. And, in essence, that is The Twilight Zone. It simply shows the true meanings of human beings and how very relating we can be to these episodes. Many of the episodes found in the series are dark-themed and depressing, while others are uplifting and sometimes witty. The chilling effects from camera angles, acting, eery music, and black and white picture all come together to bring out the meanings behind each episode.

While all of this sounds wonderful, not every episode is a winner, and some can seem like wastes of time, but by looking past the very few duds in the series, we can truly look at what we really are as human beings. Seen from different perspectives of normal, every-day people, deep morals reach the audience unlike any show has done before. The Twilight Zone is beautiful, artistic work that still offers appreciation for those that are looking.
  • one word classic

The twilight zone has so many classic episodes. Each episode has twist or has a concept you will think about. These episodes especially the good ones stick in your mind. Some episodes I havent seen in years I still think about every once in a while.Rod serling really worked hard on this show. Most episodes have a guest star (considered rising stars at the time but superstars now a days). This show has been parodied and imitated for years but never equalled.Dont get this confused with the 80's or 2000's twilight zones.
    You can catch this show on holidays they have marathons on the 4th of july and other holidays or around 1 or 5 am on the scifi channel. There are a few bad episodes but .... this show is great
  • it was freaky

this show i think is good because you wonder and you sometimes wish you can experience the same thing. i like the guy that would talk and talk in a way that you almost get scared by but it helps brings you in to watch what happens in the episode and that's why people like this show.the theme song is good i love copying it but i cant master it. what is upsetting that today's show steals the ideas and then change 1 or 2 things so it can be their idea so sad for this show. it should be credited for coming up with these ideas. i for one clap!clap!clap!
  • A Timeless, Classic.

When Writing Meant Something,
    Before Corporate Totally Eliminated It.
    There was The Twilight Zone.
    Quite possibly the best television show to ever grace our screens & penetrate our lives.

Every episode is not a 10.
    There are smatterings of mediocrity, but they are few & far between.
    Even then there is an attempt to push the envelope.

When there are 10's there are 10++'s.
    Episodes that not only entertain, but penetrate deep & camera-work that for it's time & economy is timeless.

There is a reason it runs every year 2x's a year for 48 hours straight.
    No other show in TV history does.

I can only repeat what others have said.
    A timeless, classic.
  • DodoDo, DodoDo...

I love this show!!! ^_^ I've loved it since I was a little girl, and I appreciate it even more now!!! :D And what's better, they have a marathon every year on my birthday (Dec. 31)! My favorite episode has to either be A Stop At Willoughby, or that one episode where the Earth gets closer and closer to the sun, until everyone dies, then the Earth gets farther and farther from the sun until the remaining people freeze to death. But seriously, if you don't watch this show, you should seriously consider it. It'sreally amazing, and every episode has an exciting twist.
  • I wanted my Bottom Line to be F'ing Awesome" but they didn't have that option. My goal is to watch every single one. Not in a row.

Why do I need to write a play to submit a comment? Why do I need to write a play to submit a comment? Why do I need to write a play to submit a comment? Why do I need to write a play to submit a comment? Why do I need to write a play to submit a comment? Why do I need to write a play to submit a comment? Why do I need to write a play to submit a comment? Why do I need to write a play to submit a comment? Why do I need to write a play to submit a comment?
  • You have entered........the Twilight Zone.

It's old, but it's still good. Okay, the black and white may make it seem a little cheesy, but this was made in the 60s. Give it some credit. If they produced this show with all the stuff we have now, it wouldn't seem that way. Personally, the black and white just reminds me that old isn't as bad as everybody thinks. That stuff made almost 50 years ago can be awesome.
    I'll admit, some of the episodes aren't that creepy, but the others will give you chills.
    The good thing about this show is that it's different every time. It's not all just about one person. No, that would be boring. Instead, we get a show that features a different person in a different situation every episode. All the episodes are very different, but you can still feel a link between them.

The Twilight Zone is a classic. Period.
  • The Twilighted Side Tv Show On Channel 15 and Channel 12 In The City And Greece And Gates in Rochester, N.Y

The Tv Story Is About This man who gets a job at the Medical Examiners Office Building.
    He begins to examine dead bodies one of the dead bodies is himself, the toe tag has his name on it, the death certificate has his name date of birth and date of death on it. He takes the dead body of himself and he buries it, he then vanishes and he appears laying on the gurney back at the Medical Examiners Office Building. He Then wakes up and gets up and the dead begin to haunt him. And they haunt him. And They haunt him. A Ghost comes out and scares him, a creature comes out and grabs him. A hand comes out and jumps on him and cuts his face with its nails.

www.twilightedside.itgo.com
  • So what if it is old . old rocks.

I heardmabout this show from a friend named Levi. We were sharing opinions about shows and then the catagory fell under shows that were underappricated. We promised each other we would watch each others show that we felt were underappricated. So I watched., I liked, I reviewed . Oh by the way in America on the scifi a show that is underappricated is Doctor Who.It is the mosst popular show to the Brits in England. Give it a chance. THe twilight zone is awesome. So what if it is old . old rocks. I love scifi so much it is awesome it really is on scifi it comes on as marathons.
  • Get ready to enter another dimension!

The Twilight Zone had the ability to make a person think. It wasn't just mindless entertainment. Some of the episodes scared me senseless when I was young. Other stories inspired me to use my imagination on the playground. Rod Serling was certainly a gifted writer-too bad we lost him at such a young age.

Most of the stories had a message to get across (usually commented on at the end by Mr. Serling himself). I remember asking myself, "What would I do in that situation? What if…."

And so we had the thinking person's series that was also very entertaining. A rare combination in any age.
  • This is, without a doubt, the best show in black-and-white. The twists and thought provoking tales from each episode is superb.

The Twillight Zone pushes the envelope for sci-fi shows. It makes it so that others need to try harder and harder just to come close to its amazing plots. Each episode is its own tale, but still relate to each other through the Twillight Zone. If you ask me, I don't think it would be as good if it were in color. The colorless theme gives it that extra sense of confusion. Even if they decide to make new episodes it should be in balck-and-white. This show will keep you on the edge of your sit and never cease to amaze.
  • You are heading into another dimension............

The Twilight Zone is show that can't be forgotten, once you've seen it, you don't forget about it. Twilight Zone also taught good morals too.

Twilight Zone is simply a classic, and even today, it is great to watch. One episode I found Scary was the doll one,
    the one where the guy dies in the end because he fell down the stairs. Some episode are very creepy I must admit, and if I saw that same episode today I would feel chills up my spine. Twilight Zone is a great show, and It's still on the air too! That's my review, thanks for reading. -anderson587
  • This is one of the best Science Fiction shows that has been made.

This show has nothing wrong with it. It is like one long book with many short stories. If anyone that reads this loves good sci-fi stories read a Ray Bradbury book. May I suggest The illistrated man. It is a collection of stories alot like the twilight zone. The only thing missing is Rod Sterling. I have seen many episodes and so far my favorite one is The Mask. It is about a sick millionare that makes his heirs where masks that show their true nature. To be honest this is the only Twilight zone series for me. The others are just cheap knock offs.
SYFY