The Twilight Zone

The Bewitchin' Pool

Aired Unknown Jun 19, 1964 on CBS

7.2
  • Two children escape their life with battling parents

4.5
    I was watching this on a Twilight Zone marathon. This one aired right after "A Stop at Willoughby". Both are about escaping into a fantasy world to flee a stressful reality. "A Stop at Willoughby" had depth and flair and an ending to make your heart stop.

This episode suffers in comparison, having two kids who want to escape to a wonderful place with a homey, grandmotherly figure, who still has them do chores — not the perfect kid's fantasy.

Still it's better than living with the caricature of bitter parents who don't seem to give a fig about ANYONE, especially their children. These one dimensional parents would be embarassing in lesser shows, but are downright appalling in such a well written show as TZ.

I was going crazy listening to the girl. I just knew that was June Foray's voice, who did Rocky the Flying Squirrel. She has such an unusual voice. Well, too much of an accent and background noise meant the girl actress had to be dubbed, but, ohmigawd, as much as I love June's voice, it was the wrong one to use.

It was distracting to the nth degree and added to an already weak episode.

There are plenty of wonderful TZ eppys to watch. Avoid this one.