The Twilight Zone

The Bewitchin' Pool

Aired Unknown Jun 19, 1964 on CBS

7.2
  • Two children with bickering parents discover that a door to a idyllic home of sorts for children with uncaring parents.

5.5
    I'm a huge fan of the series and will watch for hours on end when the SciFi Channel runs marathons of "Twilight Zone". Unfortunately, this one is a major disappointment. I like the idea of the storyline, and it is actually pretty well written. However, there are a couple of problems that ruin this episode for me. First of all, the acting by the parents is awful. The only thing they do is argue, yell at each other and yell at their children. I would have rather seen them ignore the children more instead of yelling at them all the time, no matter what they were doing. The other problem for me was really what made the episode painful to watch. The dubbing over of the little girl's voice made me cringe every time she talked. It was so obviously fake that it was like nails on a chalkboard. I really wish that this episode had been given the quality of performance that this clever storyline deserved and "Twilight Zone" is known for.
SYFY