The Twilight Zone

The Dummy

Aired Unknown May 04, 1962 on CBS

• I've never been the same since this episode!

Where were my parents? What were my parents thinking letting me watch this show? I was only 8 years old!

I liked the "Twilight Zone". I liked Cliff Robertson. And who knows, before this episode I may have even liked ventriloquist's dummies.

To this day I CAN NOT bear to see a "dummy" on TV, in comic strips, or God forbid, in person!

My husband (knowing of my phobia) warns me about TV commercials and comic strips, which we both read online, that have anything to do with ventriloquist's dummies.

I don't blame the ventriloquist in this episode for being driven to drink. I'd be right behind him!

So, to be fair, I guess Rod Serling did his job with this episode. It not only scared the living daylights out of me then, but it has left a VERY lasting impression on me!

Thank God for Jim Henson (R.I.P.) and his Muppets. They've shown me that not ALL puppets are the same.
WZME