The Twilight Zone

The Gift

Aired Unknown Apr 27, 1962 on CBS

6.8
  • Without giving away any spoilers, I'm going to say that this episode will bring you to tears, if you're someone who has dealt with the death of special people in your life that is brought about in a certain way.

I'm not going to tell you very much about this episode, because I'd rather that you would see it for the first time as I did with no clue re: how it would end.

But I will say that it teaches a lesson about how prejudice and being too quick to assume the worst about somebody might prove to be more costly than what you think--while, had you accepted the person, what might have been would have been wonderful.

I find that, no matter how many times I watch this episode (or even think about it), I always end up in tears.

You probably will, too--but this isn't really a bad thing if it means that your heart has been softened to accept so-called "unacceptable" people: People who aren't doing anything wrong but, instead, simply being judged because they don't come from your country, are of a different social class, etc.