The Twilight Zone

The Hunt

Aired Unknown Jan 26, 1962 on CBS

• Spirit Guide

This is sort of a rather nice, almost kind of chearful tale that for some strange reason actually gave me a good feeling at the end.

The theme in this episode is about trust in friendship. Both the old man and the dog Rip (bit of irony there in the name)were really good characters, you actually like and care about both of them. As we see both have died and now are about to enter the afterlife, but of course there are two paths.

The dog could be considered according to Indian spirituality and mythology a spirt guide, and of course spirt guides are suppose to lead mortals down the right road and that's exactly what Rip does.

The old man first encounter a character that is rather slick and charming almost has that saleman type mannerism. He seems to be a character that is trustworthy but like Rip we have a bad feeling about him, he doesn't seem to be completely reliable also for some reason seems to be afraid of dogs and won't allow dogs to enter the relm he's leading the old man to, so yeah theres something rotten in Denmark with that guy. And of course we do see a little of that land that the chracter is leading the old man down and for some reason it looks somewhat forboding as we see there is a rotten tree or two. The old man of course does what any good man should do, listen to his best friend the dog Rip who seems to have good instincts and steers the old man onto the right direction into Heaven.

Good friends are always the most important thing everyone should have because they always lead one down the right road.