The Twilight Zone

The Hunt

Aired Unknown Jan 26, 1962 on CBS

• "The Twilight Zone" Season 3, episode #84,called "The Hunt"

Best Twilight Zone ever!! We owned a Golden, he looked like this ole hound dog, and his name was RIP too. Never saw this esp before we named our dog Rip and now my RIP is gone to heaven. I know he's waiting to meet me at the gate, my RIP won't be tricked either...this made me cry when I first saw it for the first time as I hugged my Rip that night on the couch but now that my boy is dead, whenever I am lucky enough to see this episode on TV, I still remember that night I watched it with him for the first time with my Rip in my arms, I cried...out of happiness then too.... THE HUNT is the best testament of the love of a dog you will ever see. When the second angel asked Hyder Simpson why he didn't go with the first angel through the first gate, Hyder explains that Rip dog would not go in, and that they told him at the first gate no dogs allowed. To that the 2nd angel goes on to say, "You see Mr. Simpson, a Man, well, he'll walk right into Hell with both eyes open. But not even the Devil can fool a dog!" That one line in this show says it all....I still miss my little, well big man Rip...seeing this now gives me such joy....I can't even put it into words, my tears say it all...Best TZ ever...hit a home run with me and my hubby :) too and of course our RIP.....RIP, Rippy, Mommy & Daddy will be home soon and we'll take that walk down Eternity Road together...We love you boyman and miss you everyday. Till we meet again Rip, in the TWILIGHT ZONE! :)