The Twilight Zone

The Midnight Sun

Aired Unknown Nov 17, 1961 on CBS

• My dad told me about this one! The earth is moving toward the sun, eveything is getting hotter and hotter, paintings are dripping to the ground, and it makes you so hot until...suprise ending! Here's my dad to tell you about it:

MIDNIGHT SUN is one of my favorite TWILIGHT ZONE episodes. It features an intense performance by actress Lois Nettleton as an ordinary woman struggling to deal with the most extraordinary circumstance that the Earth has shifted in its orbit and is now moving slowly but inevitably toward the sun, making everything hotter every day. Water becomes scarce and desperate people are willing to kill for it just to survive. As the episode evolves, everything is bright, sweaty and meltingly hot. The way it is done makes the viewer almost feel the heat! Then finally...(Spoiler alert!!)the lead character passes out only to wake up to the single coldest moment I have ever seen and almost felt on television! Our first view as she awakens is the window where we have seen the sun growing bigger and brighter throughout the episode, only this time there's snow! As she awakens and tells everyone in the room of her dream, we find out that in reality, the Earth is moving AWAY from the sun...and they are all going to freeze to death! Chilling! Just chilling!