The Twilight Zone

The Thirty-Fathom Grave

Aired Unknown Jan 10, 1963 on CBS

6.9
  • A US Navy destroyer spots something on sonar while out at sea. That something turns out to be a Navy submarine sunk by the Japanese during World War II. Also, a strange tapping sound seems to be coming from the wreck.

7.2
    CBS decided to make changes to "The Twilight Zone" in the fourth season. The biggest change was expanding the show to one hour. That change is what hurts this, as well as many of the fourth season episodes. While this episode is quite good and the acting and story are well done, I believe this episode would have been more effective if it were just a half-hour in length. The episode seems padded with unnecessary dialogue and drawn out scenes (The divers three trips to the wreck for example). This episode is quite good, but it could have been better.
  • about a person that was suppose to die 20 years ago in a submarine. then they go back to the same spot and the ship is still there.

I it was a very deep episode. I rate this in my top ten of the must see episodes of twilight zone. For me this was cooler than Monsters due on Maple street. But the best of all time is To Serve Man. This episode really makes you use your brain and think about what the people in World War 2 went through after they come home. The episode is well written , But could had been a 30 minute episode. For all the twilight zone fans that rated this low look at it again cause i bet you rated it low because you did not understand it and to long.