The Twilight Zone

Two

Aired Unknown Sep 15, 1961 on CBS

• Love in the Sea of Nowhere

There isn't much I can say about this one, really there isn't. It's a simple love story and your typical moral fable about making love not war, but it's done right. The episode is a little similar to the sci-fi film "The Quiet Earth".

I really do love the setting for it which is a post apocaliptic settings I always loved those settings because despite the ruins there is also a sense of freedom. It's true we never learn much but we know enough that the war for whatever reason has caused that world to be what it is. And we have two people both unnamed from different sides. I really loved the chemestry between the two even though I'll admit the guy does most of the talking. But you did feel for both of them, the guy is tired and werry of the fighting and is aware of the world the war has created and feels to continue is pointless, he's right. The girl is feisty, scared, and distrustful of the guy but even she is tired and werry and slowly but surely she starts to warm up to the guy and lets herself feel likewise for him.

In a world of ruin, love is all you need.
WZME