The Two Coreys

Sunday 10:00 PM on A&E Premiered Jul 29, 2007 Between Seasons

The Two Coreys Fan Reviews (15)

• The Two Coreys follows the adventures of two Gen-Xers in their thirties. It appeared to be scripted, but recently took on a more meaningful turn.

For those of us who grew up with these two, this is a meaningful show as it causes us to reflect on who we were and what we have become. Recently, these two stunned those of us who remember them as children when they disclosed stories of sexual abuse by adult men when they were young adolescents. For viewers who were kids when they were, it is a shocking, painful revelation because we just did not know this was happening while we watched and idolized them. This show goes beyond most reality programs in that it is now truly going into the realm of the truth--minus the exploitation. Viewers are going to be challenged to consider their opinions on everything from child stardom to sexual abuse. Importantly, this show may finally be the breakthrough society needs to finally "get" that boys and male teens can be sexually abused, and that their ability to heal and move on rests upon not only them but society as a whole.