The Tyra Banks Show

(ended 2010)

javnah

The Tyra Banks Show Fan Reviews (178)

7.8
  • This show is as plastic as it comes. Or, should I say as superficial as Tyra. It does provide a learning element to those that want to be airheaded, self-absorbed and/or silly.

I tried, I REALLY tried to get into this show. But... this show is as phony as Tyras' wigs! The humor is sophmoronic and, the shows that would love to be informative, turns out to be extremely superficial and mundane. In the show descriptions, it would appear that I just might learn something from it. Yeah, I do. I learn that Tyra is phony and hasn't ever had a deep thought about herself or anyone else. It's fashion, hair, image and everything else on the outside. Nothing about thinking and caring for anyone else but yourself. So, Tyra, I've changed the channel and so have ALL my friends. Your show isn't anywhere as popular as you think!
  • A carbon copy of a already bad show

1.6
    Wow this show makes me want to vomit. This show is basically a copy of Oprah in everyway. I like how the guest stars are usually pathetic people that have been in a couple of movies or bad artists. I also like the way Tyra always cuts off her guests and often yells "Girl oh no you didn't" and the way she makes everything about her. Look if i wanted to watch some whiney rich girl complain i would go watch gossip girl. Tyra also likes to give out crappy gifts like Oprah. "Look heres a free new handbag" i find it sad that people watch this.
  • Focus on someone else for once Tyra...

Tyra has a wonderful way of making everything about her. On both America's Next Top Model and the Tyra Banks Show, we hear an annoying amount about her personal experiences, and her personal opinions, and how she would deal with the situation. She does get some people on her show with truly heartbreaking stories; but too often they are drowned out by Tyra's personal tales of agony and woe as a model and how she's had to deal with her 20 lb weight gain or w/e. Honestly? Get over yourself. She's a gorgeous, intelligent woman, and has all the right charateristics to turn this show into a wildly popular hit series. But right now, in my opinion, she's failing as a host, and failing as a listener. I may just sound jealous of her or bossy or whatever, but this is just how I feel when I see her on the screen.
  • she is a bias stupidd judgemental oprah wannabe

she is a bias stupid judgemental oprah wannabe.
    she pretends that she understands everyone but when she finds somone that she doesnt understands or doesnt like what their doing (Sasha Grey episode) she trys to "fix" them. and when she can't, the show cuts out everything that counters her and her amazing ability to help ppl out of their horrible lives.(sarcasm) WORD REQUIREMENTS are stupid a a a aa a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a as **** exactly 100 words happy ?!
  • i guarantee u,, if u watch this show, you will either be bored to death or "sillied" to death... this show is hosted by a model who tries to be oprah,,, unfortunately she ALWAYS fails miserably...

1.2
    OH MY GOD! WHY WHYYY! this is one of the worst shows ever...
    it is even painful to watch n this is not a joke!
    and if u do not knw why,here is your answer:
    i think that tyra is deep down a blond,, she asks the most stupid questions, for example: some people in her show talk abt their worst experiences and they say how horrible they were and stuff.. and the first question tyra asks them is: \\\\\\\"so how did u feel then?\\\\\\\" I MEAN COM\\\\\\\'ON the person just said it was horrible,,, this didn\\\\\\\'t happen once or twice, it happened a lot,,,
    another thing, oprah became a famous talk show host not bcoz she imitated another one,, but by being herself,,, unlike tyra..
    and btw ,,, i dn\\\\\\\'t care abt models! i don\\\\\\\'t care about abt their \\\\\\\"poor\\\\\\\" lives! for heaven\\\\\\\'s sake, with all the misery in the world...
    unless the topic is related to actual reality, reallyyy i don\\\\\\\'t care...
    this show should be cancelled looooong time ago.. wt r they waitin for?
  • UGH!!

1.5
    I HATE this show so much!!! It makes me want to shoot myself in the head! I love America's Next Top Model so naturally I thought her talk show would be cool! But I get 10 minutes into it and want to slap her in the face! She discusses the most pointless topics! And whats the point of having someone on your show if you don't even let them talk and cut them off all the time and turn the conversation onto yourself!! Don't bring someone on your show if you are just going to mock them and tell them how disgusted you are by them! You are supposed to HELP THEM!! GIVE THEM ADVICE!!! Tyra you make such a DICK out of yourself. Everything that comes out of your mouth sounds fake or stupid! Just because you're famous it doesn't mean you need to have a talk show. You are such a waste of airtime!
  • I'm watching the tyra show and it's about different races and how they define beauty.

2.1
    I think this is what's wrong with the world she's taking a few people out of races and they keep saying "well my community thinks this" I don't think these people should speak for everyone for there community I'm caucasion and I have agreed with nothing the girl representing the white community has said she's shallow and superficial
    This show has bothered me so much,Every individual person thinks diffently,just beacause your a certain race doesn't mean that race all thinks the same and views beauty the same. This show was very small minded! I'm sure tyra doesn't want this kind of image for her show.
  • I hate the Tyra Banks show.Because she only knows about modeling.She has nothing up stairs.She always talking about her body.Whats annoying about her she always talking about fart.And how she something don't wash the make up off her face.She ask dumb stuf

2.2
    I think her show should be taken off the air.Her show should be call lets talk about modeling.She talk about her butt a lot.And she wonder why she can't keep a man.She talks about how she don't take shower until late in the even.If she don't have nothing to do.To much information.I think she likes girls.Tyra is curious about a lots of things.She is a fake person.She act like she this angel.Talking about she going to be the next Oprah that offense to Oprah.
  • My review is pretty much my opinion on Tyra and her opinions. Hate it or love it.

2.5
    I\'ve been trying to bite my tongue but I just can\'t take it anymore. The only real reason I watch the Tyra Banks show is because of the guests. Tyra has gotten so phony, self-righteous, and judgmental. What gives someone who doesn\'t have kids the right to tell someone how they should be raising their kids? What gives someone who made a personal choice not to party the right to tell party girls that they are ruining their lives? I hate to tell you this Tyra, but there is no way in hell you are going to be the next Oprah. So maybe you should just give it up. Whether you realize it or not, you talk to your guests with your nose in the air. You always find one reason or another to look down on them. You have a very condescending tone in your voice. The episode that pretty much pushed me to the limit was about the “Party Girls”. Tyra talked down to those girls, told them everything they were doing was wrong, and that one of them would have to die before they realized the truth. I understand that you\'re 32 years old and you never really had time to just let go and experience what it\'s like to be a normal woman in her early 20\'s, but this is how it is. You go out with your friends (i\'m not sure if you know what those are), you drink, and you just want to have a good time. If this isn\'t your idea of a good time, that\'s fine. That still doesn\'t give you the right to put someone down who decides that they do want to be a party girl. In conclusion all I want to say to Tyra is this: If you want this talk show to continue and to grow a larger fan base, maybe you should take a good look at yourself and re-evaluate what you\'re doing wrong.
  • Tyra Banks's Talk Show.

3.8
    I do not enjoy this show, at all. However it does have entertainment value. It is interesting to see how Tyra reacts to certain things, especially her personality. She is vivacious and tries a little to hard to make the show more interesting. I feel that it is almost too much Tyra to handle, and just seeing her at panel during America's Next Top Model is just enough for me to handle. I have a feeling that Tyra will not be known as a great talk show host, but rather she will and should be known for her fantastic, inspiring modeling career.
  • The beauty of Falun Dafa and it's persecution in China

The beauty of Falun Dafa and it's persecution in China

Greetings friends, my name is Maria and I am a Falun Dafa practitioner.

Please take a moment to read this important message.

Falun Dafa practitioners nowadays face the most evil of persecutions. Falun Dafa (or Falun Gong) is a Great Buddha Law of the Universe, a cultivation system in the Buddha School based on the principles of the Universe:

Truthfulness

Compassion

Forbearance.

It includes gentle exercises and meditation. It helped millions of people to regain health, peace of mind and obtain spiritual fulfillment. Since 1999 this peaceful practice is being brutally persecuted by the CCP in Mainland China. People are being killed, tortured, put into concentration camps and have organs harvested from live people, simply because of their belief. Officially more than 3600 Falun Gong practitioners have died a brutal death at the hands of CCP in the past almost 13 years, but the total number of death, including those who were cut alive for organs for sale is in the tens of thousands.

More than 100 million people around the world practice Falun Gong.

To learn more about the persecution of Falun Dafa, please visit:

To download free materials:

People ask how can they help;

Just spreading awareness is a big help. Let your family and friends know about the persecution. Many people invest money in China, without being aware what it is used for. Many products that are coming from China, which are made by prisoners, in the most pitiable conditions.

If you want to help in other ways, please visit:

Brochure on Falun Gong in the West and why it matters:

Traditional art depicting events related to the spreading of Falun Dafa in the world and it's persecution in China:
  • I'm 14 years old and I consider myself ugly

Hey tyra:),

I consider myself ugly because I don't have good hair. Good hair to me is sliky,combed through, shiny. My hair is nappy,damaged,dry Tyra I need your help please give me tips on how to do my hair because I have no one to ask
  • It is very informative. ~XD~

It is very informative and very up-to-date with things like everyday issues. To me it is sometimes inspiring. I believe it is so for other people. The show's episodes, in my opinion, are very coordinated and well thought out especially towards teenagers. I can relate to some of the issues that are being discussed in the show or have been discussed in the show. I hope everyone else feels the same way or at least similarly to how I feel. It is entertaining to watch. The show is also educational. I would recommend it to anyone, anytime especially those looking for advice.
    ~XD~
  • Great show!

I think its great!

People need to quit hating on this show , this show gives life lessons and little tips that help you.

I absoulutely love this show!
    I think Tyra bank's main purose of this show was to make it so that babies , toddlers , kids, teenagers and adults can watch, love and learn!

I think its great!

I absoulutely love this show!
  • I have been watching Trya Banks for years and the class and professionalism she has brought to the young gals of today is definately a work of art...she is definately one of Gods Angels..

I have been watching Trya Banks for years and the class and professionalism she has brought to the young gals of today is definately a work of art...she is definately one of Gods Angels..keep up the good work bless you Tyra and your TV talk show is a venue to bring your style..class and relating to lost girls who want another chance in this hard difficult world...
  • tyra was danceing with the people on the show so you think you can dance they all had a dance off i love the way tyra dance on her show i love the tyra bnaks show so very much i whis she was my mama i do not miss her show for nothing it is a good show!!

tyra was danceing with the people on so you think you can dance is was funny and crazy cool to me she is a great person to me she just a funny person to like me it just super funny to me she is a good person to me i look at her show every nigt at 11 o'clock at nigt every day her shows a just great to every body that look at her show but this one lady she said tyra do not know any thing but i got mad and said tyra banks is a very smart
  • Like a bad Saturday Night Live sketch Miss Tyra bats her eyelashes at the camera and tears up before each commercial break, proudly proclaiming her \\\"Messiah\\\" status to an ugly duckling from Ohio, badly in need of an oral surgeon. How egotistical ca

0.6
    Like a bad Saturday Night Live sketch (which will undoubtedly come to pass...) Miss Tyra bats her eyelashes at the camera and tears up before each commercial break, proudly proclaiming her \\\"Messiah\\\" status to an ugly duckling from Ohio, badly in need of an oral surgeon. How egotistical can this Tyra girl BE? Keep tuned - the first show simply Oooozed with \\\"How Great Am I?\\\" Tyra-ness. It played like a joke - like an SNL send-up. I kept waiting for Tina Fey to step onstage with the punchline. But Miss Tyra is her own punchline. She IS the Joke. She tries to sell teenagers and pre-teens on the idea that she is Not responsible for their Bad Body Image fears at a camp she pays for!!! How psychologically purging is *t*h*a*t*?! Perhaps if she Did Admit her mistakes, she might be more interesting. Perhaps if she did aim her talkshow subjects at reality instead of magazine topically starved teens, it would fly. But this piece of fluffy lint will be brushed off the shoulder of the public none-too-soon.
  • If you had any brains you would still be stupid.

As an environmental engineer and scientist for more than 50 years, including doing experiments that prove that the greenhouse gas effect does not exist, I assure you that you just stuck your feet in your mouth up to your knees.

Man -made global warming is a lie.

There are thousand of peer reviewed papers that prove that the greenhouse gas effect does not exist and also that the "consensus of 97% " of climate scientist is a total lie.

I hope you love eating crow because you jumped into an area where your looks will only get you into more trouble that your stupid mouth.

Science is never settled

Real information can be found below.
  • Tyra Banks is a joke and has been given too much power. She is not intelligent at all and speaks to people like they are children.

Tyra Banks is a joke and has been given too much power. She is not intelligent at all and speaks to people like they are children. She contradicts her self daily and has the dumbest topics i have ever heard of. She once had a show about getting off your butt and doing something with your life. I know she isnt smart but is she retarded, her entire following are stupid girls that sit on their butt and watch her show at 3pm. Get a job! Tyra the devil and will mke you stupid! PLEASE dont ever watch it is for your own good!
  • I tried to give her a ZERO rating, but it would not take. I did not mean to give her a 5. Oprah has a higher raiting than in her...in my opinion.

Tyra is not the role model we want for our teenagers or grandchildren, she disrepects
    herself and women in general in my opinion. She seems to have given into slutty for sexy and making women into this image that we got away from for so long...other
    than the cheap adult magazine. I don't like Tyra's show or Top Model - they degrade women.
    It is pathic that these young girls will do ANYTHING for fame or money - and blinded by
    the moral depletion that has occurred in their behavior. I am not thrilled with Oprah's new
    age thinking; however, she never disrespects women that way I feel Tyra does.
  • LAY OFF on Tyra! She's is getting better, although...

...I don't understand why she insists on putting together guests that don't really go with the overall theme of any given episode. Case in point: she had the cast members of The Game (a FOOTBALL show) on an episode where guests were talking about infidelity in the BASKETBALL arena. Obvious to us, but TWO SEPERATE sports, Tyra! I think you need to check your fact-checker or fire your booking agent. She also would present a serious show with a serious topic, and then randomly end it with some rap artist performing with a new cd that had nothing to do with the episode topic at hand.

Tyra, I hope you're reading.....
  • I hate this show and please give us all a favor and cancel it please

I watch this show and I wonder what kind of people watch this junk. Tyra banks tries to be cool but she isn't all the guest stars in the world couldn't change that. This show makes and forgive me for saying this 7th Heven look good. I hate the Trya Banks show because she wants to talk about radom Junk. I think Trya is nothing but a drama Queen.I don't have anything personal against Trya but she should stick to Modeling. I think that everyone needs a break from this show. I have a word of advice cancel it. This show needs alot of work
  • tapeworm diet episode

1.5
    Just watched your episode about the tapeworm diet and wanted to say I don't think its right with the guy was doing by dang you were a strait bully in that episode. You brought someone on national television to try and humiliate them. U attacked him and what did u expect him to react like. He was seriously caught off guard what did you tell him to get him there because I know if he knew you we're going to attack him he would have been better prepared. I know you have done episodes on bullying before u took the number one spot of bullies in that episode. Also u said what he was doing was animal cruelty he had a very good point about them slaughtering them for food. That was nothin g compared to the lab test done All of the country on animals. He isn't breaking any laws doing what he is doing. If people are stupid enough to travel out of the country to have any kind of procedure done rather it be ingesting a tapeworm or cheap surgeries that us there problem.
  • The worst Talk show ever

1.5
    I'm telling you right now you are wasting your time tunning into Tyra to try and get the daily gossip or info or how to fix anything thats wrong with you. Do not tune in to this, I can't believe she has lasted this long with her making up different things for shows and trying to be different from other talk shows. I give her an E for effort because she does come up with different topics for her show that I haven't seen tested on TV talk shows so she gets an E for that but in all other areas this show just fails for me so don't waste your time and tune into Oprah or something else.
  • *starts laughing* I can't believe Tyra's afraid of DOLPHINS. I mean how can anyone be afraid of dolphins? Today I watched a show about the stupid phobias people have and I have to admit, it was funny to watch.

This show is just as stupid as "Who Wants To Be a Superhero?". I guess the reason I watched it was because I had nothing to watch and I decided to see how Tyra's doing. I used to have her book "Tyra's Beauty Inside & Out", but then one day, my mom and I were watching TV and my mom turned to UPN57. Boy was I surprised to see her in a FAT SUIT on her talk show. She wasn't the beautiful model that I remember seeing in her book. Months later, I threw away her book, because when I looked at her book, I was reminded of how disgusted I was to see her in her fat suit. Nowadays she seems to have come out of her fat suit only to be the overrated model and talk show host she was destined to be. Her voice really annoys me. I think she should go back to being a model or at least retire and do what she wants with the money she earned. That way we can all be happy.

Note: That show about everyone having phobias like being afraid of ovens, styrofoam, gnomes and clowns (which I think being afraid of clowns can be understandable since there's movies out like Stephen King's It and Killer Clowns) is stupid. Tyra, stop trying to be the next Dr. Phil or Oprah. It's not worth it. I only wish I could push you into a pool full of sharks. That'll give you something to really be afraid of.
  • What an empty shell she is

2.2
    I'm sorry for all those who fall for this Tyra. In my opinion she is a vacuous dodo bird, with a brain to match. I have had to sit though this show more then once (thank you wife). She talks about the most unimportant things that concern nothing. Please, fear of dolphins?! Is she serious? How can you fear something you never come in contact with? She does the show from NYC, a city I grew up in. Funny I never saw a dolphin on the subway or riding in a taxi. I only fear that people will start to really listen to her none sense. I guess this show makes money because it is still on. I hope a dolphin bites her right on the butt. Please just go back to looking good and modeling.
  • Holy heck!

2.2
    I\'ve never been much of a fan of daytime talkshows. Jerry Springer is the only one that I like to watch occasionally, and only that one for the sheer shock value of the people they bring on.

The other morning I was home from work and stumbled across The Tyra Banks show. I had seen her on ATM once in a while but hadn\'t seen a full body shot of her in some time. Anyhow, I happened to see a full body show of her as he was waving everybody goodbye...holy heck! When did Tyra put on about 60 pounds around her hips. Is life just too laid-back for her now that she\'s not really modeling anymore? I mean, she was never skinny like most models. But now \"Baby\'s got back.\'
  • Great concept, but Tyra's phoniness is so nauseating!

The concept of her show is wonderful. However, her phoniness is so obvious and it's quite nauseating. I wish she would be more down to earth. I think the fame of America's Top Model has gone to her head. She is an Oprah wannabe, but not even close. Oprah is real, Tyra is transparent. It's a good thing she has a talk show, because her acting is atrocious. I used to like her in the beginning, now I can't even stand to watch her. I have to change the channel. She's actually quite flakey. I guess she's too over the top these days.
  • Modeling

Hi Tyra,

I am a model and a vegetarian. I am very active because for me, that's fun. I dance, run, sing, and play with my dog, mainly. I am a size zero, really slightly smaller. But, that's just natural for me. Any one who knows me can tell you that I DO NOT have an eating disorder. I feel like with this new trend, people who naturally do "fit the bill" are being attacked. I would love different body types to be featured equally. But, this is natural for some people. I started asan actress then a mag wanted to use me and I loved it. So, I never tried to be a model. Stop attacking us and start embracing our willingness to embrace different body types.
  • It is as if someone with no prior experience and no natural talent for it gets a talk show. Means well, doesn't work. Reminds me of Tyra's movie, is it "LargerThan Life" or something like that where the Barbie-like doll comes to life. It's not natural.

Guests are contrived; Way the show is done results in Tyra coming off with an air of superiority. Does not seem genuinely interested even for the moment, just to get the show done. She hasa so much else going for her, get out now!or get better advisors. I'm a fan!
< 1 2 3 4 5 6