The Ultimate Fighter Forums

Friday 10:00 PM on Fox Sports 1In Season

Big Baby Vs Lesnar

Yaspaa

[1]Nov 6, 2009
    • level: 79
    Big Baby has rediculous strength, but does he have the potential to be a real contender? and is he too old to start trying?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

D-LinkUK

[2]Nov 12, 2009
    • level: 24
    I'd like to see him have a few more premlim fight's before i pass judgement on him, if he get's through to the Ulitmate Fight Night Final and wins then maybe he could be a contender for a big fight.

SubJunk2006

[3]Nov 12, 2009
    • level: 7

Well I think Lesnar has always been able to rely on superior size and strength in fights, Lesnar is a good but not spectacular fighter, at least not yet. It would be very interesting to see how he would do in a fight against someone of similar size and strength to him, it would be a fight I would watch for sure.
    They have both been professionally fighting since 2007 and I suspect they would match up very well, with the obvious edge going to Marcus Jones (Big Baby) on the ground. Lesnar is a very good wrestler, but like I saidhe has always been able to rely on his size for his wrestling, I think Marcus would submit Brock in the end, maybe in the 2nd round.

FineChinaTUF

[4]Nov 16, 2009
    • level: 3
    Are you kidding? Lesnar is a Division 1 NCAA Champion. His strength and speed are one thing but he rely's on his incredible wrestling ability. Big Baby would get crushed against Lesnar. Takedown in 5 seconds, ground n pound for another 10 than Herb Dean pulls him off 15 seconds into the bout. You can have all the strength in the world but if you don't have the wrestling ability, than you're gonna be on your back and getting pounded out by one of the best wrestlers in MMA.

Yaspaa

[5]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 79
    I'm thinking its too late for Big Baby,there isn't enough time for muscle memory to set in and like finechina says Big Baby has no bread and butter skills to fall back on. It is great to see someone as strong as Baby though,someone who can at least physically match up,a real heavyweight not a fat light heavyweight.
    Edited on 11/24/2009 9:06am
    Edited 3 total times.

Quickdraw_

[6]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 5
    Lesner would own anyone on TUF 10, unfortunatly for Borck he is hospitailised with illness and may not fight again for a long time. Marcus is a good athelete but inexperienced in MMA but I would like to see him earn a UFC contract.