The Ultimate Fighter Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on Fox Sports 1Between Seasons

TUF 10 possibly the worst season to date?

[1]Sep 21, 2009
    • level: 6
    With guys who have no experience and or fights and guys that have gone in there out of shape is this season going to be a let down?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

[2]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 5
    It is just pitiful this season. What even happened to fighting to get into the house, that would have at least weeded out the unfit and inexperienced--Kimbo, for the get-go. Instead we have to watch dull and laborous heavy weights lumbering around the octagon on the verge of having heart attacks. Dan, what were you thinking!? This season should be renamed.. the "OUT-TO-PASTURE-DEAD-WEIGHTS."

[3]Oct 31, 2009
    • level: 10
    I have to agree with you guys. Some of the fighters have been so out of shape it's been just plain painful to watch. After two minutes of fighting they're too tired to through punches. Way to go... The only thing worth watching is the rivalry between Rashad and Rampage. Rampage's comments don't make much sense, like agreeing to coach and then say that tell everybody on the show that he's not the coaching type, but he's funny nonetheless. :-) And Rashad seems like quite a smart fellow.

[4]Nov 6, 2009
    • level: 79
    There are probably much fewer heavyweights than any other weight class,so finding huge guys with the skills needed who want to be on the show must be tough. Thats all I can think of. I agree,Rashad seems really cool which I was not expecting at all. I wonder if Dana is miffed at Rampage doing the A-Team movie and not fighting anymore,he could be showing him in the worst light and Rashad in the best light.

[5]Nov 27, 2009
    • level: 14
    Yeah this hasn't really been a very strong season. I mean, especially coming off UK vs USA, Mir vs Nogueira, and Forrest vs Rampage. I think the major problem was the fact these guys didn't fight to get into the house. Since TUF has started doing that I've noticed a massive improvement in fighter quality simply because ever man in there is capable of fighting pretty much on the spot. Even if the fights to get in aren't that strong it still breeds a strong hunger to perform well for future fights on the show. How long did it take the guys this season to look remotely ready for a decent fight? I think the first batch of guys to fight this season were all really under prepared.
    I'm still enjoying this season mainly for Rampage/Rashad and some of the interaction in the house, but I've only been impressed with a handful of fighters. Usually I find it hard watching anyone loose because they really put in the effort. This season, not so much. Hopefully next season is a lot better.