Underdog Forums

NBC (ended 1967)

Movie!!!!!!!!

tvfreak974

[1]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 11
    theres a movie for Underdog. Jason Earles (Syndrome from The Incredibles) is Underdog.its a live action movie. there using real dogs and animals! This movie looks bad but if anyone wants to post their feelings go right ahead
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvmasterdoodles

[2]Aug 3, 2007
    • level: 30
    Horrible! simply horrible! Cox is probably squirmming in his grave now!
    Edited on 08/03/2007 2:45pm

wwfpooh

[3]Aug 4, 2007
    • level: 20
    tvmasterdoodles wrote:
    Horrible! simply horrible! Cox is probably squirmming in his grave now!

There's no need to fear...

Oh yes there is!

Fans of the series fear bad publicity, as is typical of most live-action films based on cartoons.

tvfreak974

[4]Sep 6, 2007
    it's terrible on what they do to tv shows. Oh! and, if they make this one horrible, imagine what could happenif they made other superhero movies like Krypto the Superdog and Legion of Superheroes!!! Uggh! Its simply horrible!!!
    Edited on 09/06/2007 5:13pm

wwfpooh

[5]Sep 7, 2007
    tvfreak974 wrote:
    it's terrible on what they do to tv shows. Oh! and, if they make this one horrible, imagine what could happenif they made other superhero movies like Krypto the Superdog and Legion of Superheroes!!! Uggh! Its simply horrible!!!
    Well sadly, such movies will continue to be made until kids realize how stupid they've been, which won't happen anytime soon...

jewelflower

[6]Sep 9, 2007
    • level: 14
    I hate it how they rapped the theme song! the movie was way to much like krypto! underdog is nooooo krypto! he's an anthro dog that's always saving sweet polly! If underdog came to life, he'd beat the crap outta disney!

wwfpooh

[7]Sep 9, 2007

jewelflower wrote:
    If underdog came to life, he'd beat the crap outta disney!

He can't.

Besides, the whole "being a cartoon and thus, not truly alive" deal, it was his own parent company that sold him out to the Mouse House.

Also, if he could come alive and attack Disney, the corporate morons that hold Mickey captive whilst they run the show would have poor Underdog/Shoeshine Boy......put down (i.e; taking the big dirt nap, sleeping with the fishes, buying the farm, etc.).

Regardles though, both Wally Cox & Walt Disney now probably are rolling in their graves over what has transpired.

Edited on 09/09/2007 8:06pm
    Edited 3 total times.

tvfreak974

[8]Sep 15, 2007

jewelflower wrote:
    I hate it how they rapped the theme song! the movie was way to much like krypto! underdog is nooooo krypto! he's an anthro dog that's always saving sweet polly! If underdog came to life, he'd beat the crap outta disney!

Actually, to me, Underdog (the tv show) is just as good as Krypto. The rap is too much though. I like the Krypto show but the rap theme is ok.

You didnt offend me or anythin jewelflower, im just saying.

tvfreak974

[9]Sep 15, 2007
    actually, in the show, Polly needs saving all the time! Every time she gets in trouble, we say "what is it this time!?!". But its just a joke.

wwfpooh

[10]Sep 17, 2007

Actually, in the show, Polly needs saving all the time!

No she doesn't. Who is it that gives Underdog that Super-Energy Vitamin Pill he needs? Polly. Who is it that saved Underdog from Tap-Tap's switcheroo scheme? Polly. Who is it that stood up for Underdog when he was jailed due to Riff-Raff's trickery? Polly. I could go on...but it is quite apparent that Polly doesn't need saving as much as you'd think.

Every time she gets in trouble, we say "what is it this time!?!".

Actually no...for the same applies to Krypto's real master--Superman--whenever he has to save his leading lady, Lois Lane, so what's wrong with that formula? Besides, not many true fans of the show harp on its formula. Remember...that it was made in the 60's, where corny cartoons were commonplace, so the campy-style made the show workable.

As to the movie...the rap sucks, because rap--in itself--primarily sucks, IMO. Not only that, but the movie drastically altered the core premise of the show (giving Underdog a master when he needs no master, making all other animals--Polly included [although Underdog might not mind]--nude, making Riff-Raff into a pathethic rottweiler when he was designed to be a tough-as-nails wolfish ganster thug, nixing Underdog's patentedly loveable rhyming for a teeny-bopper/potty humor type of verbage, making the characters animals when they were supposed to be anthromorphic animal characterizations, ridding Underdog of his ability to actually speak with humans, etc.) and turned it into Hollywood B-list crap.

But then again, what should I expect from a company who turns its staple icon from a cherished character for all ages to garbage for babies (and even moreso when the maker of the movie is European & probably hasn't seen the actual series in his life [for most European fans have had it said that they didn't get Underdog where they lived and so they had to find other means to view it])?

Edited on 09/17/2007 7:59pm
    Edited 2 total times.

tvfreak974

[11]Sep 22, 2007
    wwfpooh wrote:

Actually, in the show, Polly needs saving all the time!

No she doesn't. Who is it that gives Underdog that Super-Energy Vitamin Pill he needs? Polly. Who is it that saved Underdog from Tap-Tap's switcheroo scheme? Polly. Who is it that stood up for Underdog when he was jailed due to Riff-Raff's trickery? Polly. I could go on...but it is quite apparent that Polly doesn't need saving as much as you'd think.

Every time she gets in trouble, we say "what is it this time!?!".

Actually no...for the same applies to Krypto's real master--Superman--whenever he has to save his leading lady, Lois Lane, so what's wrong with that formula? Besides, not many true fans of the show harp on its formula. Remember...that it was made in the 60's, where corny cartoons were commonplace, so the campy-style made the show workable.

As to the movie...the rap sucks, because rap--in itself--primarily sucks, IMO. Not only that, but the movie drastically altered the core premise of the show (giving Underdog a master when he needs no master, making all other animals--Polly included [although Underdog might not mind]--nude, making Riff-Raff into a pathethic rottweiler when he was designed to be a tough-as-nails wolfish ganster thug, nixing Underdog's patentedly loveable rhyming for a teeny-bopper/potty humor type of verbage, making the characters animals when they were supposed to be anthromorphic animal characterizations, ridding Underdog of his ability to actually speak with humans, etc.) and turned it into Hollywood B-list crap.

But then again, what should I expect from a company who turns its staple icon from a cherished character for all ages to garbage for babies (and even moreso when the maker of the movie is European & probably hasn't seen the actual series in his life [for most European fans have had it said that they didn't get Underdog where they lived and so they had to find other means to view it])?

well, I only saw 3 episodes of Underdog in my lifetime so far. Sorry if I offended you wwfpooh but I only saw 3 episodes and they all had Polly getting in trouble.

wwfpooh

[12]Sep 23, 2007

"Well, I only saw 3 episodes of Underdog in my lifetime so far."

You should check your tube for episodes.

"Sorry if I offended you wwfpooh but I only saw 3 episodes and they all had Polly getting in trouble."

Yes...well; For a majority of the show, Polly was in trouble, but even in those episodes--when Underdog was weakened--it was usually she who gave him the boost needed to save the day, so that people could look up once again and say, "It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a frog! A frog?!"

Underdog: Not plane, nor bird, or even frog. It's just little old me...*crashes into something*...Underdog.

*plays the original--and genuine--version of The Underdog Show theme music*

Edited on 09/23/2007 5:32pm

dragonfly_pat

[13]May 10, 2008
    • level: 19
    The movie didn't last long at the theaters.

ThePetrifiedOne

[14]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 4
    It was sad

WWinnieF

[15]Nov 19, 2008
    dragonfly_pat wrote:
    The movie didn't last long at the theaters.
    It wasn't meant to. It was just another ploy to market money off of a beloved franchise.