Underdog Forums

NBC (ended 1967)

"Theres no need to fear, Underdog is here!"-and thats the problem.

mew02

[1]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 11

When you watch Underdog, how many times do you notice that before he saves the day, he ends up making things worse? For example, in episode 1: Safe Waif, he had to free a boy stuck in a vault. But before he did that, he busted 2 vaults, broke smashed 2 buildings, set the bank on fire and destroyed it! I started to think people liked him better as Shoeshine boy.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wwfpooh

[2]Jan 5, 2008
    • level: 20
    mew02 wrote:

When you watch Underdog, how many times do you notice that before he saves the day, he ends up making things worse? For example, in episode 1: Safe Waif, he had to free a boy stuck in a vault. But before he did that, he busted 2 vaults, broke smashed 2 buildings, set the bank on fire and destroyed it! I started to think people liked him better as Shoeshine boy.

So what? A lot of classic and modern superheroes do that! From old-school ones like Superman, to Silver Age ones like the Teen Titans, and even to modern heroes like Kim Possible and the Avatar gang...all heroes destroy stuff to acheive a goal.

Underdog121488

[3]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 16

Besides which,

I have a feeling that in the first episode they meant him to be more clumsy then he turns out later.

If you notice, in later episodes he's not nearly so destructive.

wwfpooh

[4]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 20
    Underdog121488 wrote:

Besides which,

I have a feeling that in the first episode they meant him to be more clumsy then he turns out later.

If you notice, in later episodes he's not nearly so destructive.

Exactly. The loveable pup is meant to be clumsly as a reflection of the fact that underneath the superhero getup, he's still humble Shoeshine.