The Unit

Chaos Theory

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Apr 26, 2009 on CBS

• Whiplash is the 19th episode and Chaos Theory is the 20th . the starting of chaos theory shows a flashback of Sam McBride having abducted Molly n all...l.. i dont recall any of this happen in previous episodes and Whiplash ends with Sam evading.

Whiplash is the 19th episode and Chaos Theory is the 20th . the starting of chaos theory shows a flashback of Sam McBride having abducted Molly n all...l.. i dont recall any of this happen in previous episodes and Whiplash ends with Sam evading the two policemen custody taking him to jail. when did that all happen.. please help!! i have reviewed all previous episodes and i did not see any of that part where he abducts her and brings her in the location shown here as all of it is shown in the flashback. i dnt get it how did that happen
  • Shaping up to be a great season ending.

After planting some seeds of doubt in Italy and China the team set about stealing some top secret technology from a Chinese warehouse and setting off a bomb making it look like terrorists have hit the building, problem is to make this look more convincible Jonas and Bob have to escape with the technology and leave no trace of 'U.S' involvement, there plans go south when the underground train they are on makes a forced stop because of a suicide jumper on the tracks and it's a race against time for Col Ryan and Bridget to help there team mates escape.

On the home front Mack is once again called upon to be the 'good husband/father' when Lissy goes off with some guy who she's met via the internet who turns out to be much older than her.

The more exciting part of the episode for me was Sam's reappearance, now with Leon Drake who has captured Elliot Gillum and wants his wife Susan along to meet him, naturally Molly goes to and gets captured.

This now sets it up for next weeks nail biter which I'm looking forward to, I have to admit The Unit is going from strength to strength however I'm slightly disappointed with Mack not getting more involved with missions and the writers having him spend more time as a family man, plus where is Charles Grey, I know Michael Irby is doing other stuff off screen but surely that could have waited for a break in the show…. Oh well hope he's back soon.
  • Son of Sam's rampage continues.

I really like this current Sam storyline. One can argue that The Unit never had a villain that lasted for more than one episode, so this is not only a creative change of pace for the program, but also one that has made the show fun again. I still think the man who is leading it all looks a little too much like Paul Rudd to be taken seriously, but Sam plays the role of the henchmen well and hopefully this continues for a few more episodes and doesn't get the rug ripped out from beneath it like I expect next week.

I also was shockingly entertained by the side storyline with Mack finding out his daughter met a man on the interweb. Those Tiffy-centric scenes are usually brutal and hard to withstand, but it wasn't awful this week.

Plus, how awesome was Molly running?