The Unit

Flesh & Blood

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Mar 22, 2009 on CBS

• Another day, another mission.

The Unit has been one of the best shows on television this year, and I feel its 4th season has been its best. That being said, this was far from a great episode.

The two story arcs I have dreaded (Tiffy's marital problems and Charles' engagement) were the driving point here, and the mission in the field did not make a whole lot of sense and seemed thrown together at the last minute. Lynn Mamet did a poor job writing these as they tried to hard to be overly dramatic and it resulted in something boring that had me thinking about McFlurries, as opposed to the episode at hand.
  • Brilliant episode.

The Unit is sent in to rescue an old friend and finds themselves in trouble. On the home front, Tom finds a lead in a terrorist attack and implements some extreme measures to get the information from a suspect.

Jonas, Mack, Bob and new boy Sam (Whiplash) are sent to rescue an old friend and find themselves in immediate trouble when there helicopter is shot at and they are forced down to fix it, Jonas and Sam head off to find there friend leaving Mack and Bob to fix the helo.

They reach there friend to find he's been shot and in grave danger, on top of all this they have some local military bearing down on them, a broken helicopter, a sniper taking pot shots and there friends son becoming increasingly impatient putting the mission at risk.

Oh the home front Col Ryan goe's undercover to seduce a suspected terrorists wife and Charles reveals his secret to Joss.

I've read this was Dennis directorial debut and didn't disappoint, only thing that did shock me was Charles letting it all out with Joss, I remember a similar story back in either season 1 or season 2 regarding Hector wanting to tell his love to be and was told not to, have things changed? plus I'm still not all sure that Joss is who she say's she is, and it wouldn't at all surprise me if she and her 'Uncle' are part of a terrorist group.