The Unit Forums

CBS (ended 2009)

Canceled

LilMilton

[21]May 23, 2009
    • level: 13
    Our current political climate won't support shows like The Unit.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

drmoravia

[22]May 25, 2009
    • level: 5
    Oh no!!! This is my favorite show!

uk_stevie

[23]May 25, 2009
    • level: 9

from what i here they are still going ahead with the show!

yes cbs has cancaled the show! but producers said it will be sold to multiple tv stations without going though a broadcast network.

Pleasegod

[24]May 25, 2009
    • level: 2
    You mean the reruns will be syndicated?

Perfop

[25]May 26, 2009
    • level: 1
    These jagoffs at CBS have a history of pulling this kind of BS.

Tokyobullet

[26]May 26, 2009
    I love The Unit and feel it has another 5 seasons and a movie or two left in it. Still many questions to answer. If the fans like myself are so passionate about this show, maybe we can buy it ourselves, just like shares. I would say that CBS must be approached first so that everyone would know how much we would need to raise. Hopefully we can get the Department of Defence to give the producers permission to use Blackhawks and Gunships and even F15s and Hornets for a spectacular Season 5 etc and movie. First of all we need a central contact point where a "BuyTheUnit" website can be set up and we can network our resources and start planning what is the best way to keep it going. There is no other show on TV for me than The Unit so I will be buried in my books and repeats of the show. I plan to make some special Aussie Youtube show similar to The Unit and I urge you all out there with contacts in Defence and cameras with HD to make some stuff for Youtube as well. The more we galvanize a large following in this area we can influence TV studios through our pockets or their greed for money or other people who can. Remember to make sure anything produced is the most realistic possible, in setting, in language, in weapons, in acting. etc etc and especially in storyline. Hooah

Tokyobullet

[27]May 26, 2009

LilMilton wrote:
    Our current political climate won't support shows like The Unit.

I know, but it is a wonder that America's Army is going to Version 3.0, soon to be released.

Catwoman87531

[28]May 26, 2009
    • level: 55
    Just to note that this is a syndication deal to run repeats.
    uk_stevie wrote:

from what i here they are still going ahead with the show!

yes cbs has cancaled the show! but producers said it will be sold to multiple tv stations without going though a broadcast network.

b1bomberdude

[29]May 26, 2009
    • level: 2

It is easy for me to see that any show, newscast, or story that has a positive tone towards military life and sacrifice is getting cut. The previous poster hit the nail on the head saying the current political climate will not support a show like this. This show did an awesome job of showing ordinary non-military citizens what it takes to keep it together in a military family. Now, people will continue to go on blindly and not know what it takes each time a soldier deploys to keep his/her family safe and taken care of. Talk about taking glory and a sense of appreciation away from people doing this in real life. I am extremely dissappointed in the direction this country is going and by CBS keeping other shows with zero purpose and educational value and axing The Unit proves this. There is not one other military related show on TV right now(dont even get me started on 24)...this alone shows the climate of America and the lack of gratitude for those serving our country.

I am done with CBS and TV altogether. The unit was the sole reason I subscribed to basic cable here in my town. Now that it is cancelled, I will pocket that $15/month I was spending just to watch this show. The rest of the shows on TV are not worth my time and are ran by liberal networks too gutless to keep a show about real "heroes" and "survivors".

peachtoast

[30]May 30, 2009
    This was one of the few shows that I really liked to watch and now its cancelled. Makes you wonder why you even bother watching regular television when most of it is full of stupid reality shows. Just a shame to cancel a good show. At least it lasted a good four seasons.

GibbsBoysFan

[31]May 31, 2009
    The problem is the networks don't seem to want to air any shows that aimed at the adult audience. I don't know why, but I continue to be amazed year after year at how they cancel good shows and keep the garbage. How do shows like Chuck and Parks & Recreation get renewed and quality shows like The Unit and Medium get canned??

We need to let the networks know that their viewers can actually THINK!

erzueco

[33]Jun 10, 2009
    Hate to see the show go it truly sucks however im not really surprised since it felt like writters didnt but in enough work since season didnt follow a correct timeline. RIP The Unit

Vikes_Bolts1228

[34]Jun 12, 2009
    • level: 3
    So even though CBS canceled the show, can another station like Fox or NBC still pick it up and air new episodes?

Fox is a more conservative minded station and wouldn't be afraid to pick up something that is pro-war.

Finnpunisher

[35]Jun 14, 2009
    • level: 7
    WTF????? who do i have to choke so they'l re-vote 4 that decision :!

marvelfan89

[36]Jun 17, 2009
    • level: 39
    What's all this stupidity about the political climate and canceling Obama (if only we could have canceled
    hat failure George W. Bush eight years ago). Not much has change in the climate excluding the big endorsement on torture that losers under the previous administration endorsed. Anyhow, it was a business move clearly. There were rumors about the show being canceled going back last year. There were articles in the paper as recent as last month saying that despite the ratings The Unit might not be picked. Sad to see it come to fruition.
    Edited on 06/17/2009 10:42am

Vikes_Bolts1228

[37]Jun 17, 2009
    • level: 3
    marvelfan89 wrote:
    What's all this stupidity about the political climate and canceling Obama (if only we could have canceled hat failure George W. Bush eight years ago). Not much has change in the climate excluding the big endorsement on torture that losers under the previous administration endorsed. Anyhow, it was a business move clearly. There were rumors about the show being canceled going back last year. There were articles in the paper as recent as last month saying that despite the ratings The Unit might not be picked. Sad to see it come to fruition.
    Glad I come to a TV forum to get away from politics... Thanks buddy! [End Sarcasm]
    Edited on 06/17/2009 5:56pm

marvelfan89

[38]Jun 17, 2009
    • level: 39

I only mentioned it because it was talked about before, and I was interested to see if there was any evidence supporting this as the reason for cancelation or it was just pure rambling nonsense.

playwriter

[39]Jun 21, 2009
    • level: 10
    bolivar71, out of all those CBS shows you listed, i'm going to watch only one: Amazing Race. sad, really.

shaunara

[40]Jun 28, 2009
    Ok so i am only new to this but is what i am reading correct, they aren't making anymore seasons of The Unit...My husband is going to be so devastated. We are still yet to see season four here in Australia..so sad it is such a good show.