The Unit Forums

CBS (ended 2009)

Canceled

pirate9969

[42]Jul 7, 2009
    • level: 1
    Season 4 was without a doubt and great step forward for the Unit. However, they had too much soap opera, involving the families in the missions and homeland security. I think the homeland terrorism was a good idea but adding the families and moving then having them go under cover to aid the guy's was not believable. All in all, The Unit was in the top two of my favorite TV shows. I hate to see them go AND TO LEAVE "TOP" AND HIS WIFE HANGING OUT LIKE THAT....WHAT A BUMMER. WILL MISS THIS SHOW.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

clkean

[43]Jul 7, 2009

Monday/ CSI Miami

Tuesday/ NCIS

Wednesday/ Criminal Minds

Thursday/ CSI & The Mentalist

Friday/ Numb3rs & Medium

Saturday/ NOTHING

Sunday/ ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...used to watch Cold Case to keep us up till THE UNIT which was totally worth less shut eye!!!

Unfortunately folks over 40, this is it for this fall. All the rest is for the mindless or anyone who does not have cable... THANK GOODNESS for the DVR!

Timewhisper

[44]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 7
    Even from a syndication standpoint cancellation was a dumb idea. One more full season and they would have had their 88 needed for daily syndication.
    This series really deserved at least one more season, more than one as far as I'm concerned.

joeledwards515

[45]Aug 1, 2009
    I saw an advertizement for The Unit on NBC this fall last night about 9 pm. It was saying new this fall, I sure hope so. Joel

plugplay

[46]Aug 1, 2009
    It showed up on MyNetwork TV in Pittsburgh during wrestling as coming in the fall.

tazthedevil5

[47]Aug 17, 2009

Have CBS lost their minds? Who's the idiot who thought it would be a good idea to get rid of this programme? Off with his head!!!

The Unit is the best show ever! I'm not really impressed by all of that macho-man stuff, but this was a well-scripted/acted/directed programme, with good storylines and strong characters. Heaven forbid the viewing public should want to watch good vs evil instead of retarded reality shows. I'm a girl, and whilst I'm not down for fighting and war, The Unit is a thing of beauty. British tv is good, but when it comes to stuff like this, American is better.

I love these guys. What am I going to do now without my action men??!

lisagriff31

[48]Aug 26, 2009

What a shame they have cancelled it. Are they releasing it on dvd in the uk and if not why not. We have seasons 1-3 and would have liked to complete the set. Does anyone know?

Edited on 08/26/2009 9:50am

NeoMast

[49]Sep 6, 2009
    This was a great show! It wouldn't surprise me if it is picked up by another network down the road. In the meantime, rather than blame politics, blame the choices people make or don't make when it comes to supporting the advertisers. Money talks. NCIS is also based on the military and they now have a spinoff.

lovemj

[50]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 14
    It would shock me if it was picked up by another network down the road. The reality of the situation is that the actors and writers have moved on. They can't just restart the show unless ALL of the major players were out of work. This show had to many good actors and writers - I doubt they will be unemployed for long (that's assuming they haven't already moved on).

Shaun_5150

[51]Sep 22, 2009
    I'm seeing my DVR recording the new "NCIS" and I wondered to myself, why wasn't my favorite show "The Unit" on last night nor tonight?

Canceled... Whaaaaa???!!!!!!

I am so perturbed that I finally created an account on this site to rant a little bit and join other fans of the show in their mourning. (I've used this site for many years but I try to limit where I post so I don't create accounts to not tempt myself.) OK, enough personal information, now on with the rant.

"The Unit" season one was incredible. It continued with season 2. Unfortunately, I didn't discover them until mid-way through season 2 but I made sure to buy the DVD and catch up on what I had missed. WOW what a great show! I've seen the great action sequences and plot twists severely decline the last few years, but still I considered it my favorite action show.

I guess that belongs to NCIS now.. unfortunately the same network.

I am very disappointed to see "The Unit" gone. Of all the shows that I watch this is the most surprising to see it gone... next to "NCIS", which I knew they were coming out with a (likely silly) spin-off.. that is funny as NCIS itself is a spin-off of "JAG".

Bye-Bye "The Unit". I sure do wish you were sold to another channel instead of canceled. I just love it to get spat in the face... dedicate yourself to watching a show for four years.. left with a few cliffhangers and then silence. I hate people.

shagnat

[52]Sep 23, 2009
    DAMN!!!! One of the very best TV shows ever. Must be the "powers that be" screwed this up. Chaps my a$$

thebarber7

[53]Oct 25, 2009
    I think Obama is telling CBS what to do also!

thebarber7

[54]Oct 25, 2009
    peachtoast wrote:
    This was one of the few shows that I really liked to watch and now its cancelled. Makes you wonder why you even bother watching regular television when most of it is full of stupid reality shows. Just a shame to cancel a good show. At least it lasted a good four seasons.

Four seasons?? Dam, I only got to watch it last year. That name "The Unit" never suggested to me that it was about special forces so I never watched it. My grand daughter turned me on to it!

gadanhax

[55]Oct 28, 2009
    • level: 6

CBS shoud be ashamed. The unit was one of the best shows out there. They stick with lame shows and cancel the goods ones. as i can see by the other comments and by the ratings in this site and in the petitions site that achieved more than 3000 signatures cbs made ana awful call.

cbs sucks

gcswift2

[56]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 9
    I'm still trying to figure out why they moved it from sunday. I didn't even know it was still on considering I don't watch ANYTHING ELSE on C.B.S. I just happened to be over here wondering what happened what happened to this great show only to find out this horrible news.

BUCKINAYDANO

[57]Nov 20, 2009
    CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND THE UNITS RING-TONE? DAN

sueyoung99

[58]Jan 5, 2010
    You get a very good show and they want to put the stops on it...

HarryGardiner0

[59]Jan 17, 2010
    Here is a campaign to get The Unit Renewed: http://renewtheunit.com/

HarryGardiner0

[60]Jan 17, 2010
    Here is a campaign to get The Unit Renewed: http://renewtheunit.com/