The Unit Forums

CBS (ended 2009)

Canceled

SandSpider79

[61]Jan 26, 2010
    • level: 1
    I can't believe they canceled this show!!! I watched the Unit religiously. Before I had DVR, I would watch it online! I never missed an episode! I hope another network picks this show up becuase it is worth it!!! I am very disapointed!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RobertBrauer0

[62]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 2
    Man oh man ... i wish some network would pick this show up and run with it ... i love it!

KingofIPirates

[63]Apr 5, 2010
    • level: 32
    Agreed, it had so much promise but that was inevitably cut short.

mwgfgrey

[64]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 5

Yup kinda saw that coming since the woman was let on the team. I'm sad they had to move away from reality to satisfy some moron's "what if a woman was allowed into the unit" fantasy. Glad I only bought the first two seasons.

Rooster42

[65]May 7, 2010
    mwgfgrey wrote:

Yup kinda saw that coming since the woman was let on the team. I'm sad they had to move away from reality to satisfy some moron's "what if a woman was allowed into the unit" fantasy. Glad I only bought the first two seasons.

Don't forget Season 3. It was an awesome one even though it was shortened by the writers strike. That DVD has some nice extras on it.

mattgus

[66]May 19, 2010
    • level: 14
    i never got to see the last season of this remarkable series until just these last mos on ion tv...i am having a hard time understanding how this got canc...i have not looked to see what the ratings were like,but the stories and thier excecution are 4 star all the way...great acting too...

barb702

[67]May 24, 2010

I posted this earlier but don't see it. I don't know if it has already been posted but for those who would like to watch the unit you can find it on DirectTV ch. 308, for all others the name of the ch. is "Sleuth", I ran across it today and they show it non stop from 8AM to 12 PM., I don't know if it's on everyday but it's on today (05/24 and I'm watching it now. I will check it out the rest of this week and let you know. Hope this helps you! Barb

PS: I've also found that they run it in the afternoon too.

OK, I've watched the unit off and on all day and up to 11:00 PM on May 24th, but it's the only day (Monday) that I have seen it on there, it's on every Monday, all day, beginning at 8 or 9 AM til 11 PM with an hour break for something else about 3 times as far a I could tell.

Edited on 06/01/2010 2:45pm
    Edited 3 total times.

mplsbill

[68]Jun 30, 2010

This show was too good for network tv, thats the only possible reason for such a brilliant show to be canceled! The networks lose more and more viewers and they wonder why? They want cheap reality tv that costs $5.00 to make and will rake in viwers and advertisers! The small screen has really gone downhill except for gems like this, and then they get axed for more reality shows!

Jo_Melv34

[69]Jul 11, 2010

I read all the comments on how everyone who watch the unit felt about it being canceled. I'm with the majority who believe the unit was/is one of the better shows thats been on T.V. in quite awhile. I pick up on the show on its rerun afterthe first season and fell in love with it. I couldn't get enough of it. It was just that good. As soon as I was getting into the fourth season, it abruptly ended. I couldn't believe it. The show, the cast, was well put together and well done. Like everyone else, it is my hope that another network or CBS picks the show back up and/or make a made for T.V. movie with the same cast. I almost feel like begging for this to happen.

Please, bring back the UNIT. I miss the UNIT.

Edited on 07/11/2010 9:05am
    Edited 3 total times.

bballbat

[70]Aug 11, 2010
    • level: 3

Is CBS listening to what the people want? Or maybe they just listen to advertisers more?

How in God's name can they renew Cold Case and cancel The Unit. The stories, acting and action don't even compare! Why doesn't CBS just cancel CSI, Criminal Minds and The Mentalist??

They kept Cold Case and cancelled The Unit?? WOW!

gijoegutierrez

[72]Dec 22, 2010
    • level: 2

mwgfgrey wrote:

She wasn't 'in' the unit. If you watch the episode when she introduced, I believe season 4 episode 1, they specifically say there are no women in the unit. Now I'm only going off of Col. Beckwith's book but it was mentioned in there that women were being recruited but the program was stopped. However, they still participate to act as a cover for the fellas and for other espionage operations.

AnnieBrewer

[73]Mar 29, 2011

I JUST discovered this show I guess in reruns on the weekend. I LOVE IT! Too bad it's over. But I never watched network TV cuz it's so bad, so I never caught it until we had cable cut off. I LOVE all the actors!

justinhurley

[74]Mar 29, 2011
    R.I.P. Unit i miss you

Ori_s4

[75]Apr 17, 2011
    miss the unit too!!!
    that was the best show i ever watched!

palle007

[76]Apr 28, 2011
    I am still hoping this will come back. Five seasons are not enough for something as great as this.

goldtop2007

[77]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 14
    Too bad it was cancelled, it could have run a couple more seasons on the material. Some moments had the "24" wow factor. Definitively worth a rewatch!

Ingelief

[78]Mar 13, 2012
    • level: 7

this is one of the best shows ever, great characters and story lines.

Movie please!!!

dnvigerjr

[79]Oct 16, 2012

They have been showing episodes on Universal TV HD

mwgfgrey

[80]Mar 8, 2013

Well after my next door neighbor told me I should get back into it, I took his advice and did so by buying the 3rd and 4th seasons. I'm glad I listened to him. I'm glad they actually resolved Hector's death. I thought they were gonna leave it open to speculation and I can't stand that. Also glad Mack and Tiffy worked things out. Haven't finished the fourth season, but I'm close. Shame they had to cancel it, but I think it ws probably best. I feel the Leon Drake story has just been dragged out and it also seems a little far-fetched. Unfortunately I feel my new favorite show, Burn Notice, may drag things out a bit too much. Just one layer of bad guys and false promises after another. Kinda the same with Walking Dead too. At least The Unit was fresh. Dennis Haysbert needs more work in Hollywood. He and the entire cast of the show are underrated. After Delta Force with Chuck Norris, this show needed to be made.

EDIT: By the way, Whiplash made a good point in his Psycho episode. Redcap was never really "in" The Unit, but Jonas did call her a shooter in the episode when they were on the plane about to go help with the VP Assassination plot.

Edited on 03/08/2013 7:06pm