The Unit Forums

CBS (ended 2009)

Great News!!! The Return of The Unit!

HappyPeon

[1]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 2

I just got off the phone with a representative from CBS concerning the return of The Unit...she indicated that this show WILL BE COMING BACK, but production has not yet begun for the new episodes because and I quote "The expensive shows are taking a little longer to come back into full production because it takes more planning, etc to regain momentum..." Not verbatim, but pretty darn close.

I'm thrilled as there haven't been any updates.

She also mentioned that they do not know how the release of Season 3 will be on DVD as it only aired maybe half of its shows if that. All for now...but great news nonetheless!! The Unit!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Rooster42

[2]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 5
    Whose office did you call?

nynaevelan

[3]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 8

That indeed sounds like great news but I will keep up my renewal campaign until I see or hear something official. Back to TV Guide for more voting!!!!

Nyn

HappyPeon

[4]Mar 17, 2008

Rooster42 wrote:

Not sure which office I called, but here's the number.

(323) 575-2345

She answered the phone as CBS Studios and was quite professional and sounded confident in giving me that information. I felt like she knew what she was talking about, so let's cross our fingers.

Catherine080379

[5]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 7
    HappyPeon wrote:

Rooster42 wrote:

Not sure which office I called, but here's the number.

(323) 575-2345

She answered the phone as CBS Studios and was quite professional and sounded confident in giving me that information. I felt like she knew what she was talking about, so let's cross our fingers.

I think we should keep the campaign going until they make an official announcement, just in case she didn't really know what she was talking about. I've encountered many people who sound like they know what's going on and they usually don't. Hopefully she's right though.

HappyPeon

[6]Mar 17, 2008
    I also agree in keeping up the effort until an official announcement is made.

redspencer625

[7]Mar 17, 2008
    If this is true then yipee whoo hoo (since you cant see me i'm doing cartwheels) about da&% time we had some good news!But lets keep the campaign going until an official annoucement is made.
    Edited on 03/17/2008 4:31pm

kingtazzy

[8]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 18

The next few months should be interesting. Ill keep everything going on my end until they announce something. I have a habit of not trusting tv networks. So ill keep my fingers crossed for this kickass show to return.

kingtazzy

[9]Mar 17, 2008
    I also forgot to say, I also called and just left a good punch line for The Unit and Ncis.)

DlMEBAG

[10]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 1
    Sounds like total bull ****. They havent even made any decisions on what shows to keep or not yet. And you cant reach ANYONE from CBS on that number that can answer questions. I called and they wanted a clearance number when I asked a question, bs.

Rooster42

[11]Mar 18, 2008

I called Les Moonves office and they spewed the corporate line of "not coming back this season and next season is unknown." I don' trust that entirely. So I'll call another office today and see if I get a different answer,

Meanwhile, the TV guide poll is 33 to 31 with The Unit in the lead. I also emailed Ask Asuello about the status of the show. But I must add that my distrust and disgust for Moonves grows deeper every day.

In other news, there is some new info for Regina Taylor and Scott Foley under the Trivia and Quotes. Check it out.

nynaevelan

[12]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 8
    Rooster42 wrote:

I called Les Moonves office and they spewed the corporate line of "not coming back this season and next season is unknown." I don' trust that entirely. So I'll call another office today and see if I get a different answer,

Meanwhile, the TV guide poll is 33 to 31 with The Unit in the lead. I also emailed Ask Asuello about the status of the show. But I must add that my distrust and disgust for Moonves grows deeper every day.

In other news, there is some new info for Regina Taylor and Scott Foley under the Trivia and Quotes. Check it out.

34 to 30, I the the Unit fans are fired up!!!

Nyn

kingtazzy

[13]Mar 18, 2008
    I had no trouble calling CBS on this number.1-323-575-2345. the young women who picked up the phone asked what I wanted and I said I wanted to leave a comment about a tv show called The Unit. She said one moment please. Next thing I know I heard a short message about CBS and its tv shows then I heard a beep. And I left a quick message and hung up.

kingtazzy

[14]Mar 18, 2008
    I can actually see Tv networks acting like government agencies. And asking for clearance. Whats this world coming to? Maybe it was a phone number we were not supposed to have hmmm.

HappyPeon

[15]Mar 18, 2008
    DlMEBAG wrote:
    Sounds like total bull ****. They havent even made any decisions on what shows to keep or not yet. And you cant reach ANYONE from CBS on that number that can answer questions. I called and they wanted a clearance number when I asked a question, bs.

I just took that number which was found on one of the threads, called it, spoke with someone, and reported back. I don't think it's some covert operation that CBS is undergoing to prevent the spread of classified information.

LoL..that sounded like a line from the show. If you don't believe me, that's ok, but either way I hope she gave me accurate information regarding the show's comeback.

teemachtblind

[16]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 3

Man, people are so negative... or maybe I just want to believe... Thanks for calling and spreading the good news (which hopefully will come true), HappyPeon. Made my day reading the headline of your new thread. I'll drink my beer now to celebrate The Unit (yep, a different time zone, not that you think I get drunk at noon)

Rooster42

[17]Mar 18, 2008

The number you were transferred to sounds like Audience Services. Which is a GOOD thing. The more calls and emails to them we send, the louder our voices are. (I read that on the CBS Jericho message board. Yes, I infiltrated their camp. Felt pretty good!)

Here's the info:

audsvcs@cbs.com

Ph:323 575 4913

Also leave the message "WHY DOES JERICHO RATE GETTING A CBS MESSAGE BOARD AND THE UNIT DOES NOT??"

Rooster42

[18]Mar 18, 2008

kingtazzy wrote:
    I can actually see Tv networks acting like government agencies. And asking for clearance. Whats this world coming to? Maybe it was a phone number we were not supposed to have hmmm.

Oh KingTazzy, you are probably right about we're not supposed to call Les Moonves or Nina Tassler. But ya know what, the switchboard operator transferred me. Ain't my fault. Tassler's office is now transferring the calls to Audience Services. See my other post about that.

kingtazzy

[19]Mar 18, 2008
    The next few months should be interesting!

kwell1

[20]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 23
    DlMEBAG wrote:

Why are you being so negative? I'm sure no one's making up what they were told on the phone.