The Unit Forums

CBS (ended 2009)

Official Episode Discussion:"Best Laid Plans"(Spoilers)

What did you Think?

danharr

[1]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 45
    New episode looks good enjoy
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AznMidget1337

[2]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 1
    Whiplash - Serial killer?

SLC1042

[3]Mar 29, 2009

I think this is the first time I've ever seen a preview completely blow away the episode that had just aired. The episode was ok, but, that preview...man why do we have to wait two weeks. I had high hopes for Whiplash, maybe there will be a twist, but it is looking bad for him. Can't wait.

danharr

[4]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 45
    I had to give this one a great rating the action was wonderful and Bob getting out of trouble while doing his boy next door thing was awesome as usual. Grey's fiance being vetted was a nice touch and the ending which made me contemplate starting my post with oh snap the new guy is a psycho was the perfect ending. I hate the previews from now on I think I'll by pass them I really wouldn've liked the next episode to be a total surprise but oh well at least we know the next episode will be awesome.

parmaikai66

[5]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 8

I thought the epi was great ... two action packed agendas. Seeing Colonel Ryan doing something other than hanging out in the office for once was great. I loved his tirade in the lobby about the "weird guy in the hallway" and the elevator stall. Whiplash is creepy! I thought that even before I saw the preview for the next episode. It wasn't the sneaky cop a peek in the elevator scene either. I would have looked too ... if it was Bob, Mack or Ryan taking any article of clothing off (lol). While I'm on the topic of the elevator strip-tease. Red Cap turns to the wall when she pulls the dress over her head, then turns to face Whiplash wearing only her bra.... what was the point of trying to be modest a second before? Reminds me of my high school band trips, when the girls would peel off their sweaty uni's right in front of impressionable 16 year old boys. I did notice a goof when she went for the syringe ... she tucked it in the right side pocket of her dress, but when she pulled it out to kill the guy, she got it out of the left pocket.

Anyway, I could have done without the wives story line .... specifically the wedding planning. (Yuck! and I say that being a woman .... find something else for them to do that is more hip, the writers makes them seem all fuddy-duddy sometimes). How the heck can the wives have any influence on whether Joss can get clearance to marry Carlito??

Do you think Mack really killed that guy ... or just did that neck-hold make you pass out move - then faked the neck break? I cracked up when Jonas and Mack were with the terrorist at the house and Bravo team showed up .. Jonas said "They're here." Doi! Not that the team was stealthy about their approach to the house or anything ... I loved Bob saving the day and then giving the money to the widow. Nice move.

dvenyce

[6]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 4

I still think there is going to be some twist to this next week. Something like that girl has been in on the plot to kill the presdident from the begining. I don't know but i think next episode will give aus a twist we weren't expecting.

naigerrard

[7]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 2
    I thought this weeks episode was pretty good. I am beginning to tire with the home front stuff, but I also think it brings in a different demographic. I do find it kind of odd that with as much surveillance that they have on them it has taken this long for her to get vetted. Both missions were very good. Jonas always knows how to place bullet when needed. It will be interesting to see where this passport angle goes. I enjoy Bob's resourcefulness. He seems to find a way out of every little situation like in Non Permissive Environment in season 1. Mack once again didnt look to healthy, but I guess if you are married to Tiffy you wouldnt be so healthy. It will be interesting to see what happens to Whiplash. I do wondere will they bring in a new team member for just 4 episodes and chop him right away. I mean they did leave us hanging with the Col and him possibly getting offed.

Timewhisper

[8]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 7
    SLC1042 wrote:

I think this is the first time I've ever seen a preview completely blow away the episode that had just aired. The episode was ok, but, that preview...man why do we have to wait two weeks. I had high hopes for Whiplash, maybe there will be a twist, but it is looking bad for him. Can't wait.

I think there is a distinct possibility of a twist. Maybe it was staged so he would run to the people who are after them and get on the inside.

AlanPppppp

[9]Mar 30, 2009
    My power was cut last night no idea why. I just watched the episode. And it's a very nice one. I like how the team is split and conduct missions for the assassination plot (it's very tv friendly to show the storyline this way). It's full of face punching in this episode LOL. I liked how they merged the truck hijacking part into two (jonas/mack and bob). Needless to say, the Bob and TOC transmission part was so cool. kayla was in charge at the TOC!!! She's playing her role so well. Tons of action going on in this undercover part. Leon Drake is a stone cold killer!! I just can't believe we saw Col. Ryan in a mission with Whiplash and Red Cap. I want more of that in the future. Col. Ryan needs some fresh air overseas It's funny seeing Red Cap dressed up as a french maid It looks kind of awkward when Red Cap needed a favor from a guy for drug. There's something about them unexplained. I think the biggest jawdropper is the Whiplash aka Red Cap's stalker part. OMMMMMMMG...I thought the clothes burning part was the end of his crush on Red Cap. But then they showed whiplash's closet full of Red Cap's photos. This is going to be really bad. (( I thought he's going to be a well established guy for the Unit. Is there something that we're missing between Red Cap and Whiplash? It looked as though, Whiplash is onto something. Just where did he get all those pictures?! It's creepy, yes, he pull out another photo of Red Cap from his pocket LOL. The trailer for the next episode looked promising. Oh wow, the whole team is really hunting down whiplash!!! OMG :O There're so many traced dots in TOC. Just how's the team going to do this. Jonas, sure he loves his work, hahaha This episode ends with the team paying respect to the KIA Fed agent. It's touchy. I thought the team was taking the money for as their Unit retirement fund. I was totally wrong :X

ltcomstella

[10]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 18

my thoughts

sam's arrival just before the gas attack would say he is a mole sent by the terrorists to infiltrate the unit, or he's working for some other group in order to track down red cap or the unit for other mis deads

or

Red cap is the mole and sam's on to her hence the photo's which would imply he's being on her trial for a while and felt the unit would have better resources.

i'd like sam to be the good guy after the bad girl as then i would feel better about this hit and miss season.

i also thought they were going to keep the money for the emergency fund, but it was a better idea giving it to the widow. Tho i feel like i missed something why was border patrol out there in the first place? they seem to have glossed over that. i also noticed red caps goof with the needle and there was another; they took the guys sock off to inject him then when they where staging the overdose they took em off again !!

as for the wifes bit who cares grey's probably gonna get a shotgun weddng wether he likes it or not

Edited on 03/30/2009 12:21pm

naigerrard

[11]Mar 30, 2009
    ltcomstella wrote:
    they took the guys sock off to inject him then when they where staging the overdose they took em off again !!

as )

When it comes to the needle, the spot on the foot is one of the least likely places an ME will look for something during an autopsy. They usually look for needle punctures in the skin. So the least likely places to do something like that is in between the toes and behind the ear.

ltcomstella

[12]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 18

i figured that out i watch other murder mystery shows lol

all i was saying was they goofed :S

Edited on 03/31/2009 6:33am

NKwulf

[13]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 5
    If there is a mole, then I am going to beat its Red Cap. She is the only one that "didn't" go through any of the training. If WhipLash is the mole, thats alot of risks of him not being excepted into being a Unit memeber, from the "boot" training to that final excerise.

neatneice

[14]Mar 31, 2009
    i realy enjoyed the epi. totaly filled with action.i was on the edge of my seat the whole time. they way they ended it has me anxious for the next epi. i ca not wait. i am so excited to see it.

D-LinkUK

[15]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 24

The ending of this episode was brilliant, it gives the impression of Sam being a stalker maybe killer, however if previews are true and the Unit have a mole then his mission could be undercover and to flush the mole out, we then think it's Bridget ( Red Cap ) but again this could be a red herring as well as Joss ( Charles bride to be ).

I've not seen the previews for the next episode but it could point to all the above or none at all, when Joss was introduced I suspected she could be hiding a big secret and have possible terrorist undercurrents however that would be too easy plus she wouldn't have come back and asked Molly, Tiff and Kim to keep her in the 'Unit family' she would have just run after being released by the lady sergeant.

Next finger pointer is Sam, new boy on the team and didn't give a great impression on his induction plus the pics of 'Red Cap' at the end make him look suspicious, but to me this again is too easy ( make the new guy the mole story ), the only one that would surprise (but not shock ) me would be Bridget as she came on the scene just as the vice president was killed and all the attacks started.

Though as I said it could be none of the above, and knowing The Unit writers we could be thrown a curveball and find it's an ex Unit member.

nynaevelan

[16]Mar 31, 2009

neatneice wrote:
    i realy enjoyed the epi. totaly filled with action.i was on the edge of my seat the whole time. they way they ended it has me anxious for the next epi. i ca not wait. i am so excited to see it.

Well now here is a welcome face. Welcome NN, you will enjoy it here.

Nyn

Catwoman87531

[17]Apr 1, 2009
    • level: 55
    ltcomstella wrote: they took the guys sock off to inject him then when they where staging the overdose they took em off again !!

I beleive that they only took off one of the socks to inject him and they took off the second one while staging the scene so it did not draw attention.
    Edited on 04/01/2009 1:46pm

knownote

[18]Apr 1, 2009
    • level: 3
    dvenyce wrote:

I still think there is going to be some twist to this next week. Something like that girl has been in on the plot to kill the presdident from the begining. I don't know but i think next episode will give aus a twist we weren't expecting.

I agree that we may be in for one of those Unit "twists". I've never really liked the female in the Unit. Not that she's a female, just that she's never seemed above board completely to me, and we've never seen any of her "personal" life like we've seen of the other Unit members.

Here's an idea:

perhaps Whiplash has been assigned to "keep an eye on her" or "get close to her" to find out what he can. That could explain all the photos on his door.

I was really starting to like his wreckless abandon, like when he immediately dived on the grenade in that one episode, only to find the pin was still attached.

Joe

Bolivar71

[19]Apr 1, 2009
    Red cap is the mole Whiplash is on to her. Joss is a good person.

Perfop

[20]Apr 2, 2009
    For those that think Red Cap is the mole. Wasn't she "cleared" of any suspicion in the episode in which she made her debut because she had been out of the country undercover for 6 months or something like that ? The same reason why the members of the Unit were also cleared.