The Unit Forums

CBS (ended 2009)

Official Episode Discussion"Endgame"(Spoilers)

What did you think?

danharr

[1]May 3, 2009
    • level: 45
    More of Molly in trouble can't wait!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]May 3, 2009
    • level: 45
    Well there it is some of you called it Whiplash was with Ryan the whole time. Wonder where they're going making Ryan the biggest bas*tard in the world but Molly leaving Jonas is a good red herring. Nice with the Russians being involved and an ode to nynaevelan Mack was back with a bang! Great action and the main baddie is still out there with an attack on it's way nice build up to the season finale.

nynaevelan

[3]May 4, 2009
    • level: 8

OMG, this just keeps getting better and better! I am barely in my seat, I have enjoyed this episode so much. As a matter of fact as soon as I finish typing this I am going to watch it again. I think I am having heart palpitations my heart is beating so fast. Ok, now for my thoughts:

First, let me start of by asking, where the h e double ll is Betty Blue? But finally he is seen in the promo for the last epi, but this absence was ridiculous.

Molly/WL: Very smart of molly to bargain for her life like that, although I wonder if Sam really thought he could continue to bully her around. Even as a hostage she is still Molly. And of course I had no doubt Jonas was going to get her back.

Jonas and team: It was awesome seeing them chasing all those terrorists and they were leaving bodies left and right. But I must say I loved that shot of Mack's when he took out the guy in the car. I had a little doubt Jonas was going to let them get away but I should have known better.

Tiffy/Kim Now I know Kim was worried about Molly but to put them in danger like that. And at first I thought she would be the one to leave because of all this worry. Then I thought it was going to be Tiffy when she was upset they would lie to them like that but when Molly said she was leaving, OMG. BTW, what was up with the big shirt on Audrey, is she pregnant again?

Jonas/Ryan: Now I know it is the commanders responsibility to get the job done but to use Bridget and the unit like that? Like Jonas said, what trust and respect will the teams have for Ryan after this? And I want to know how will Bridget remain knowing he put her personally in danger like that? And let's not forget the implications of all the women who are in his care, I know he could have found another reason to get Sam undercover, instead of putting her in jeopardy like that. My respect for him just went lower than it ever was when he was sleeping with Tiffy.

OMG, was I the only one who cried when Molly left Jonas like that?? To say I never expected it to be her was an understatement of major proportions but OH MY GOOODNESS!!!! I am totally shocked.

Somebody please tell me Molly is not leaving, please tell me that is the fear of the last few days for her. More later, I am blown away, this better not be what it appears to be. This is worse than when they killed Hector, they are killing one of the best and strongest tv couples. I am still shocked but I expect when this all settles in there are going to be some angry thoughts, so I think I need to go cool off for a bit.

~~Nyn

Earondale

[4]May 4, 2009
    • level: 1

I really like the Unit and cast.

The current story progress is losing credibility for me and it is starting to look more like a 'TV' show. Jonas would have shot Sam during his escape with Molly. It doesn't seem consistent that one guy can take out four enemies who are prepared and waiting in a hotel, and then have a different Unit trained dude not shoot an armed enemy approaching him and his wife in an open walkway. Pointing a gun is not shooting. Pointing will get you killed.

Molly turning away from Unit-hood, is also very inconsistent and perhaps even contrived. Contrived is a good description of Sam's role in the current series. Imagine, a unique group that consists of only ONE handful of players, that acquires a traitor? Nope. Wouldn't't happen. Security would not allow it. Members would see through it. OK, let us surmise for a moment that it did happen because a scam was being built by the Unit dudes. Who would know about the traitor? Only the Unit dudes betrayed at most. Unit activities would never be known outside the Unit. And Unit dudes don't talk.

It would be believable if the traitor behind the whole mess was the President of the USA but that might be too realistic. There is a story line that could really open things up. Our President outputs the names of the Unit members and disbands the organisation as being a cruel and inhumane extension of the military. We could go a whole season of edge of your seat action with that prospect, ending with the disbanded Unit members saving the lives of the Presidents' children. Just my two cents but i would like to write a few episodes to straighten things out a bit.

Keep up the good work and try to keep it entertaining in a more credible and consistant manner.

NeoMast

[5]May 4, 2009

I am just as happy being wrong about Red Cap as I am happy about being correct on Sam and Ryan. What a great episode! Where last weeks episode seemed a bit more like filler, this episode really stayed on 'mission.'

I don't think Molly and Jonas are over just yet. I'm beginning to think Jonas is going to make a run for Ryan's position which would actually keep him at home running operations (speculation based on clips for next episode).That would beg the question, who would take Jonas' spot; but that's too speculative at this point.

The biggest question I have going is the whole Russian thing. It seems evident the Russians are just as eager to get the terror cell as the unit. Meanwhile the DOD is running background checks and suspicious of anyone tied to Russia. One would assume that after this episode they realize they are on the same side and the slight cold war ramp-up subsides.

I'm really looking forward to the next episode.

Bolivar71

[6]May 4, 2009
    • level: 2
    Endgame was one of the best show twist ever for the Unit. I was right about Sam then switched to wrong about Sam after he shot the man & woman last week and very surprised when Sam had Jonas shoot him. Was wrong about Red Hat but still think she's not right. Molly leaving was a big surprise being the backbone of the wife's. Loved the show but just have one problem three guys in three different location fighting is NOT a Unit or team. Jonas shooting his way out of a ambush by himself with only a pistol was too Rambo. Bob taking out four killers at the hotel ambush was also too James Bond. Thank goodness Mac used a bomb on the five terrorist in the van that was believable. Where is Betty Blue why wasn't Red Cap a shooter? They are way to thin and spread out.

With Jonas telling Ryan that after this crisis is over he has lost the Unit and with Molly telling Jonas it's her or the Unit, I wonder if the season final is really the final show of The Unit's series

maelay

[7]May 4, 2009
    Great Episode!!! But someone please tell me that the unit is not being cancelled! I'm a writer, and I must say the only time I take a break to watch t.v. is on Sunday nights at 10:00 pm. I love "The Unit" wonderful cast especially "Jonas & Molly". They're the only strong african-american couple on t.v. right now. Don't get me wrong I love "Cool breeze, Betty Blue, Mack and the wives" though I'm not too crazy about "whiplash." I've been a fan of Dennis Haysbert for years. I was devastated when he was shot on "24" (which I haven't watch since then). Please don't tell me next week is it. I can't take it. Though personally I think I can write a better script, I do love the action, drama and semi - romance (which could be better between Jonas and Molly) they should kiss more and hug less. Nevertheless, they are the perfect couple!! If the Unit is over there is no reason for me to watch t.v., if Jonas and Molly are over it will disappoint me greatly!!! Why is it that the bad shows make it and the great shows get cut. Something is diffinitly wrong with the people in this world!!!! Oh well, I guess I have to write a screenplay for Jonas (smile) anything to see him continue acting.

AlanPppppp

[8]May 4, 2009
    brilliant episode. a showcase of how precious and fragile marriage can be as a unit operator. so much action going on - i was literally sweating for the team the whole time. whiplash is finally revealed as a good guy working for ryan. Jonas didn't like ryan's move at all without informing the team about the involvement of their wives.

Timewhisper

[9]May 5, 2009
    • level: 7
    I did not see Whiplash's reveal as a good guy coming. I thought it was a possibility when he attacked Redcap and thought it may be staged, but his performance in Chaos Theory and End Game totally fooled me.
    Can't wait to see how the season ends.

NKwulf

[10]May 5, 2009
    • level: 5

Regardless, the unit will never be the same. Redcap would never be able to trust Ryan, plus being able to work with Whiplash again...even if it was "staged"...for her, the threat of rape was real..thats not something you forget. Jonas will never forgive Ryan for using his wife like that, plus Molly leaving him.

snapola

[11]May 5, 2009
    Something that is being glossed over that makes the "whiplash undercover" story hard to swallow is the fact that he MURDERED an innocent person when he shot the wife (Molly's friend). Because unlike the couple that Bob shot, who were both involved, Molly's friend wasn't involved in the terrorist activities. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't think of any instances where the unit proper has had to murder innocent people to protect their cover.

NKwulf

[12]May 5, 2009

they are dealing with the threat of nuclear bombs on US soil, and to keep the means of cover to be able to stop that terrorist threat, I woud bet that the needs of the many out way the needs of the few.

But I understand what you are saying....plus how the hell would whiplash know if the main badguy wouldnt have just shot Molly or have the other guy do it. It seemed a little rushed, like the writers tried to hard to make this twist.

maelay

[13]May 5, 2009
    I thought Molly leaving Jonas was staged to keep us on pins and needles, but I read the plot for next Sunday. Molly really does leave Jonas. I'm not happy at all!!!!! Not a good idea in my opinion. Writers, what were you thinking? Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

NKwulf

[14]May 5, 2009
    I mean I can understand from a reality pont "you can only take so much"...however didnt Molly stop Bob's wife from leaving and Mac's wife....

nynaevelan

[15]May 6, 2009

snapola wrote:
    Something that is being glossed over that makes the "whiplash undercover" story hard to swallow is the fact that he MURDERED an innocent person when he shot the wife (Molly's friend). Because unlike the couple that Bob shot, who were both involved, Molly's friend wasn't involved in the terrorist activities. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't think of any instances where the unit proper has had to murder innocent people to protect their cover.

They have killed innocent people, there was Shadow Riders where they killed the man/boy that was running away, in Five Brothers when they shot one of the family members. There were others, but none that come to mind right now. But to my recollection this is the only time an innocent American has been killed but I am sure it is not.

stillmatik18

[16]May 7, 2009
    split makes sense

spec ops has the highest divorce rate, not suprisingly...i mean, they're wound up to go on missions, a lot dont see real action (oif---most search missions, unless they were HIGH level targets, were done by regular joes, while spec ops stayed in the wire)

the show depicts how it is when deployed..fam knows nothing...and that inevitably takes its toll

best dear john story came from a ranger bud
    he got his dear john letter in afganistan...he was distraight, but in true ranger style, his boys lifted him up
    they told him to send back a letter with a bunch of nude polaroids of hot chicks with a note "cool, which one are you?"

D-LinkUK

[17]May 7, 2009
    • level: 24

This was an excellent episode and though Sam being undercover came as no surprise the ending as to Molly and Jonas splitting was, but again this is the Unit and Jonas could have his own plan to get Molly away to do some undercover work for him.

MrsUnit09

[18]May 7, 2009

First time poster.and new fan. After watching the End Game Episode I'm a little confused,shocked, ticked and left with lots of questions.Do you guys think this is really the end of Molly and Jonas as a couple, if so could this be the end of the Unit t...regardless if you are a Jonas and Molly fan or not ,they are the backbone of the show.This episode has me a little confused and ticked off at Jonas, how and why did he just let his wife of 20 plus year walk out of the door without saying a single word. He did not try to wipe her tears or anything...Back to my post. I have read that there would be a divorce and I read that there would possible be a divorce which one is it. I recall it being said more than once that you don't get a divorce in the Unit. so which one is it, The writer are forgetting what they wrote from one eposode to the next. The previews for the season finale literally has my stomach in knots. Do you guys think Regina Taylor will be leaving the show ?. I'm a big fan of Ms Taylor's and would hate to see her leave. Help this newcomer out tell me what you know.

icyspicy1

[19]May 9, 2009
    THey really love each other, but Molly needs for Jonas to show her some love. He never kisses her, only hugs, never tells her he lovews her though he has stated he loves his work.Jonas needs to court Molly and get her back . That should be his mission. She is a strong woman and a good wife for him, but she is at an emotional low with all she has gone through over the years and particularly recently. She takes care of everybody else. He needs to give her a little personal care. The army has many soldiers. She has but one husband. The army won't want hin when he's old, but Molly will stay with him if he gets her back. Make some compromise Jonas. You don't have to totally retire but make some arrangement to be home with your loving wife more. Regina Taylor is a terrific actress!

kanniballl

[20]May 12, 2009
    • level: 18

I was dissapointed in the season finale.

I'm not saying I need a cliffhanger in my finale's, but there just wasn't as much pay-off at the end. Even events that are normally character-defining fell flat and had little impact. Sure the actual mission was important, but beyond that it could have been any other episode.

Liked

Bob's code-word being "Alas Babylon" was a nice touch... I used to love that book and it was a nice nod that his code-word and the novel's pretty much meant the same thing.

Whiplash getting redeemed in the end. Though RedCap still hates what he did, they at least had that talk. I'm not the biggest fan of the guy,I thnk they tried to make him "too cool" by giving him Parkour skills (running up walls and such) but at least a protagonist got his nice ending.

Disliked

Grey's marriage had no impact. Heck, we've barely seen Grey guy this season and when we did the writers didn't do much to build up their relationship. It was a non-event. You'd think that after Hector left the show they could have focused more on Grey, instead he practically vanished. I'm not against marriages on TV shows but thery are usually more substantial then "hey, this girl appeared 3 times this season... and now they're going to get hitched." The only thing I liked about the whole marriage was Grey reciting his lines while defusing the bomb... in case he didn't get the chance.

Ryan got his promotion, which means he's out of the Unit. It was foreshaded in at least 2 episodes so it was no real surpise, especially when he admitted that Jonas was right. This could've had a larger impact had they done it right and yet again, no impact as it was just a quick scene in a montage. Who will take the reigns next season? Who knows.

Jonas and Molly didn't reconcile, that's not much of a surprise as Jonas was flying around the country for the whole episode. I was surpised to not see her at the wedding, though perhaps I simply missed her.

Is Jonas going to get sick? If I heard right, Grey said 90 seconds was ultimately a lethal dose... and Jonas was under there for the better part of 90 seconds. I'd imagine this will result in health issues down the line even with Iodine and such.