TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

The Unit Forums

CBS (ended 2009)

so the whole plot about going into hiding ...

jaesunsk

[1]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 5
    was not really about safety, but more about getting to the terrorists? i mean, being attacked is a big coincidence, and the possible terrorists being in the same town is a big coincidence. and i think when the col was talking to the families after the attack, he made it sound like it was all planned?

did i miss something in the previous episodes?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nynaevelan

[2]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 8

I think the plan to move to California was both about safety and finding the terrorists who are behind the assasinations. There were clues throughout the season that the town they ended up in was not a random selection. The fact that Molly and Kim were closely associated with members of the group is a major clue that their new home was not a random selection. And the attack in Hill 60 was also not coincidence. If the terrorists were willing to go after our Executive branch I find it hard to believe they would not have the resources to go after some of the people who have the ability to stop them. Also, we assume TU was the target of the attack, whose to say they were not cleaning out people from their own organization while at the same time testing our ability to handle a gas attack. Ryan did say in the briefing at the end that this could have been a test.

Nyn

speed10039

[3]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 3
    i think nynaevelan got it right, except i was still wondering about something, if you remember ryan showed the women videos of them being followed. if it was really the terrorists who had been taking the video, how did they get into that neighborhood because you have to be signed in by someone who works there and if the terrorists already knew what the wives looked like, how were they fooled by them when they got to california

nynaevelan

[4]Apr 7, 2009

speed10039 wrote:
    i think nynaevelan got it right, except i was still wondering about something, if you remember ryan showed the women videos of them being followed. if it was really the terrorists who had been taking the video, how did they get into that neighborhood because you have to be signed in by someone who works there and if the terrorists already knew what the wives looked like, how were they fooled by them when they got to california

That could easily be explained as different terrorists in different locations. Besides the ones that the wives were working with/for were high enough that I would not expect them to be breaking into the base and taking videos of the families. Also from what was mentioned in Season 2, there are many security holes at the base which would allow for unauthorized persons to get on the base. Do not forget about the frenchmen in the season finale of Season 1 and the guy who was asking Serena questions in Season 2, I think.

kanniballl

[5]Apr 13, 2009
    • level: 18

speed10039 wrote:

Not really. As others stated, an older episode (back in Season 1 or 2) stated the old base wasn't very secure: like local roads from one neighborhood led into theirs without a gate/gaurd.

I think it was when they were talking about security: either when Ryan made the wives watch him chew out a family and kick them out of the unit, or when Kym and her daugter were questioned by a stranger (that turned out to be good guy testing them). The wives said they knew of ways to drive on/off base to bypass security, so why wouldn't a "bad guy."

-EDIT-

I just read that others commented on similar early episode.

Edited on 04/13/2009 6:43am

jakianne

[6]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 1
    Oh my, this show is so real to me, I was a military wife for 20 years, and these stories are so real to me, My husband a 1sg and was with the 7th group at Ft Bragg. NC, and of course the where covert duties, we as wives were not hide but we lived on army post and we where always protected. I miss the military, My husband died on active duty while we were stationed in California. 25 years ago, and this is the first I could make my self watch a military show, If only people knew how real some of this stuff is. One thing it is not like army wives I never got up and put on my high heels, grabbed a cup of coffee and we all meet at the picnic table with other wives, and no makeup. But some of us needed it. and yes our childrew up with this. dad always gone. I could write so much more, the only thing Im mad about I never watched d this show from the beginning. so I need to look for the other years to watch this summer. all actors in this series are so true to form. and lets say some of us wives did do some crazy things. Now I have to pray for my grandson who has just been sent on a top secret mission, He is an MP he never got to meet his grandpa but he says he wants to be just like him. So as you see I love your show and your actors, I know its not real but for that one hour its real to me been there done that love you all, Joyce

nanci13

[7]May 20, 2009
    I can't believe this show was not renewed.....it's one of the best shows on television. Can't another network please pick it up?? The characters are great, the story lines was so interesting and the action was unbelievable!! Please, someone rescue "The Unit"!!

melly-34

[8]May 20, 2009

I can't believe that "The Unit" was cancelled, especially after the finale left so many unanswered questions. Please bring the show back.

gregorSLO18

[9]May 20, 2009
    • level: 11
    CBS is stupid to cancel unit.

anchac

[10]May 20, 2009
    Well another great drama bites the dust...I guess we will have to drown in reality shows...ugh....

cire1913

[11]May 20, 2009
    • level: 11
    Some other Network have to pick this show is a winner. Dont let THE UNIT die.

babasyzygy

[12]May 21, 2009
    Thank god. I really liked this show at first, having read the book it was based on. They tried hard to get details right and accurately portray the actual tactical challenges faced by US special forces teams.

As time went on their episodes got sillier and sillier, and introduced absurd and soap-opera-y elements, presumably to broaden the shows appeal. I mean, asking the wives to go undercover with a domestic terror cell? And a mission after the holy grail? Puh-lease!

I kept watching because I really liked what the show started as, but it was getting more and more painful. I'm glad they put it out of both of our misery.

ladyw4m

[13]May 27, 2009
    This is my favorite show, I love these families. Lets talk about the end of the show around the tenth season or so. I want it to stay. I know the ratings are there.

debbie52

[14]May 27, 2009
    • level: 2
    love this show !!!something different instead of the usual police dramas. All the families and their personal lives. I am soooo disappointed and hope someone else picks this show up like they did Medium....

heralyf

[15]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 10

did they call THAT a final episode?

dont let them die, that's the best you can do!!! maybe just for another season, just to give the answers

sbm33

[16]Jun 2, 2009
    THIS SHOW IS THE BEST ONE ON CBS

OldSchool1958

[17]Jun 5, 2009
    • level: 3
    I hope the show gets a reprive, this is one of my favs!

justbertalynn

[18]Jun 7, 2009

DON"T TAKE MY FAVORITE SHOW AWAY!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!THIS IS THE #1 SHOW ON TV!!!!