The Unit

Freefall

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM May 01, 2007 on CBS

• Anything mentioned to be Thai in this episode is clearly far far away from reality. Writers should do more homework or go work for Desperate Housewives!!!

4.5
    Bai Ling? Seriously?????? That outfit?? 'Most dysfunctional family in the world'??? Writers clearly didn't do their homework.

Anything mentioned to be Thai in this episode is clearly far far away from reality. I'm Thai and watching this makes me wonder 'Did I not grow up in Thailand?' All the information is soooooo not based upon any research, especially the culture part. Yeah, it's TV but if you're gonna 'base' it on something real at least base it on the real culture or if you can't --- make up another country!!!!

I have a question, what other facts have been distorted in this show???

I'm disappointed and offended. Other else than the artificial 'Thai' related stuff is pretty good for me. When Bob starts to question about Jonas's intervention, I first thought that they were gonna bring up the CIA issue in the previous episode in this episode.
  • nice episode

A Thai prince visits the US to sign an oil deal with american petroleum companies. Mack, Hector and Charles are assigned to become bodyguards to the prince and his family. But on the very first day, their assignment becomes complicated when the prince's teen son makes use of his riches and buys a car. Tiffy is having problems in her personal life when she finds out that Mack learned about her relationship with her lawyer boss. This is a really exciting episode. Bob and Jonas are in a mission overseas and their story is a really exciting one. This is a really good episode. Two teams with two different missions, all in one episode, it's really awesome.
  • Nothing special.

Freefall was an ok episode. There was not much action, but a lot of personal issues and a lot happening with Tiffy. We find out about several of Jonas's precious injuries and learn that his wife is urging him to leave the unit. Mack, Mr. White, and Bob are off protecting a man and his family and it turns out that he was trying to kill them himself. On the home front, Tiffy found out the Mack probably thinks she's cheating on him and goes to Colonel Ryan to ask for help, which turns out to be blackmail. I mean, Tiffy cheated on him before, Mack has a right to be pissed at her. She's always like "oh no, he think's I'm cheating!" I wonder why, you cheated on him before and almost did it again. Anyways, Tiffy is starting to annoy me. Other than that, the plot was nothing special and didn't excite me that much.
  • No real action but a lot of suspense.

This weeks episode had three running storylines and surprisingly two were on the home front…Spoilers.

The episode started with Bob and another Unit member not part of Jonas team preparing to jump from a plane into enemy territory to kill a terrorist however they were training to jump from a far greater height than is usually attempted, when the other Unit solider is killed due to the training Jonas demands he go’s with Bob on the mission, because of the distance they need to jump out of the plane Jonas is sent for a physical which determines he should not jump, against the advice and orders of the doctor and Col Ryan he jumps off with Bob helping him in mid parachute flight when Bob’s chute wont open, naturally the mission go’s fine with one slight hitch.

On the home front Mack is gunning after Wilson who he thinks is having an affair with Tiffy, luckily Mack is called away on a mission along with Hector and Charles to protect a Thai prince and his family who have received death threats. Whilst Mack is away Tiffy finds out that Mack has his suspicions about her and Wilson and must tell Wilson the truth as to what her husband doe’s for a living and to get Wilson far away before their is any repercussions.

This now set’s it up nicely for possibly the season finale, doe’s Mack track Wilson down and take vengeance or will he do harm to Tiffy, also is Jonas being pressurised into retirement by Molly and Col Ryan.
  • An excellent episode that shows the human side of these operators. stop whining about not seeing constant action because that's just not how it is..

I think the home front portions are part of the reason this show is so good. It shows that being an operator is about more than just jumping from planes and being on covert missions. Too many times people view operators with the sense that they are not humans but some type of superhuman robot. This show is deeper than that and it shows so by allowing the viewer to realize that even though they are highly trained and exceptionally good at what they do, they still have to face the same human issues that we all do, the issues that an M-4 or .50cal sniper rifle cannot resolve. If all you want to see is constant firefights and such then I suggest that you pop any version of Rambo in your dvd players. This show is by far the most realistic depiction of life in the Special Operations community that I've seen thus far.
  • The Unit is still a show I make a point to watch .

Loved tonite's episode . Finally some HOT SEX between a married couple not the usual infidelity crap which has been dominating The Unit . Bob Brown is coming along nicely and Scott Foley keeps getting better and better . All the characters were used and nice to see Mack on a Mission finally . Tiffy is the only character on this series I am finding hard to like .
  • Didn't exactly follow the wonderful action repertoire of The Unit, but wasn't awful either. (spoilers...beware!)

It was good but wasn't great. I enjoyed Jonas's part in the story, and I really enjoyed learning about all of his past injuries, but the parts with the wives, particularly Tiffy, bothered me. Tiffy really gets on my nerves. She's so whiny about Mack being away all the time so she has an affair. And then when she's not having an affair but Mack finds a diamond bracelet and thinks she is she acts innocent and offended that Mack would think she'd do that, even though she did! It's probably just how her character is supposed to be but seriously..I love how Mack wants to handle Wilson though. So perfect! It is a shame how they are spending more time on the home front and less on the action, although it is somewhat realistic. They can't possibly be on a mission at all times. So this by no means was a wonderful, true-to-the-reputation episode. Still good though..
  • The reason I started watching the unit was that it was an action show, with military guys predominately doing covert military things. A small sideline was the wives lives. If I want to watch desperate housewives, I'll watch "Desperate Housewives!

Lousy acting by the blond female wife - my least favorite charachter, and waaay too much soap opera for a supposed team of elite military assasins. Can we get back to the operators and military Black Ops soon? If not, I for one will "go silent" on this show. It Used to be a good action show, but lately it's more and more a touchy feely show. I for one don't watch this for political correctness. It's supposed to be action and lots of shooting, explosions, etc. I'm getting really really tired of the love scenes... We can get that garbage anywhere. Pinned down in a firefight, saving passengers from terrorist, going behind enemy lines for the bulk of the show, not the last minute are what made this show good. This episode seemed like it was written by a bunch of girl scouts. How about blowing something up! Desperate housewives is already taken. Move on!