The Unit

Mislead and Misguided

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 30, 2008 on CBS

• Mistrust.

Jonas and the team are put through there paces to raid an anthrax complex however the plan has been drawn up by a politician who has never done ground work and relys on photos taken from satellites rather than eyes on the ground, naturally when the team try to implement each dry run one or all of them are killed, Jonas is not happy and tells the politician so but the mission still go's ahead with some surprising results.

At home Kim is getting deeper and deeper involved with her boss when he kills someone and needs her help to cover it up.

The episode was better than last weeks and I'm more concerned how Bridgets story is going to develop.
  • Everything mission requires a perfect plan. Run it then run it and run it again. If it doesn't work, work another plan.

While Jonas and his team is working out a plan to infiltrate an Anthrax Lab. This Dr. Death keeps bugging the team and giving them hard time. His role was so drawn out that I wish he could stay for a few more episodes. This is one special episodes that viewers are able to see them run the mission in their imagination a couple times. The plot is direct and smart. You've to pay attention to Jonas' facial expression when he talks to Dr. Death. It's guilty pleasure!

This episode is the first installment that features CISCO TelePresence in the show.
  • The Unit has to deal with a clueless boss.

This is really beginning to sound cliched but The Unit gives us yet another great installment on Sunday 30 November. I do not think there is any show out there having the season the fourth year CBS show is.

We had a great mission with Jonas, Charles, Mack and Bob planning out a way to enter an anthrax lab only for it to be a heroin trafficking site. Dr. Mentz (played well by veteran actor Michael McKean.

I think the show truly excels when not only the parts with the men in the field are interesting, but when the women back home find a way to be entertaining. That is certainly not always the case but I did enjoy the intense murder situation between Isaac and Kim.

Between Dexter and The Unit sunday nights are really starting to become the best in the television week.
  • The team has to prepare a raid on an Uzbeki anthrax lab, while Kim has to return to duty.

After Bravo team was taken out, Alpha team has to come up with a raid plan for an Uzbeki anthrax lab with all the latest technological intrusiondetectors. They have the latest intelligence via satellite surveilance and every time they may have a plan, during training it appears to be fraud. An overly eager politician meanwhile pushes the team to hurry up and lays out a plan drawn from his own war experiences. When the time limit nears, the team accepts the mission and figures out a possible plan on the plane. When executing the raid, it turns out, things are a little different on the ground than they appeared to be from the sky.

Meanwhile, Kim is reassigned to keep taps on her boss again because Bob is away in the field. Things don't go according to plan here either and she finds herself in several near-death situations.

The mens' storyline was very fun to watch, we all know some politician pretending to know better and this shows how their lives are affected by it. And for what... They also get to take sweet, sweet revenge on him, but that's something for the next episode. Kim's storyline wasn't annoying for once and having just one of the wives in the picture and not all of them is nice. I know the wives' stories are necessary, but I always found them to be unrealistic and annoying. But this non-overly emotional version is really pleasant to watch compared to the dramaqueens they used to portray.

All in all, a fine example of The Unit and I hope they keep it up with these original storylines!