The Unit

Sacrifice

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Sep 28, 2008 on CBS

• Very nice start! My chick now loves the show from 1 viewing!!!

Good job to the actors and writers. Obviously, I know it's a good show but my chick was bothering me about not spending time on Sunday night (now that it's on Sunday there was conflict). My chick wanted to knock the programming I watched, so I knew I could count on this show to shut her the hell up. It was so good, no surprise to me, and my chick is now a fan of this and wants the back episodes! LOL It takes a lot to get a girly-girl into a show like this but the writers are crafty with the wives' interaction! You can't hate on that, they converted my girl. Now... if they could just throw some girl on girl action in there, that would do me a good solid, get her into that next! lol
  • WOW!!! What an episode to open season 4 with.

Season 4 opens with Jonas and the team on an undercover mission with a female soldier, while on the return trip home they get disturbing news that there has been major attacks on the president, vice president & president elect.

The team are to report and find the elect, they soon discover there own soldiers or so they think are to blame for the ambush.

Back on base the wives are ordered to pack some belongings and go with the MP's, there informed of the terrorist attack on the president elect and shown that these ' terrorist's ' have been watching them to use them against there husbands, Col Ryan decides they are to leave the base under different identity's.

The team with the help of the female soldier rescue the pres elect but there troubles are not over, Sergeant Kayla Medawar joins the Unit and helps the wives leave the base whilst the guys go off to track down the terrorists.

One startling thing to come out of this episode is that Mack has finally found that Tiffy and Col Ryan were/are having an affair and he's now gunning for Ryan, should be interesting as to what happens.
  • Explosive season premiere with jawdropping action. I advice you to watch this episode in HD. The experience is so much better with HD.

Just when everybody was wondering what's after the writers' strike and unfinished season 3. The season 4 premiere pulled off with 'Sacrifice'. The episode not just breathtaking, but also jawdropping, and buttwhupping. The team started out from a undercover mission, as soon as Red Cap (the french accented lady) pushed Jonas down to the pool. The show begins!!! It's the Unit!

The talk in the TOC about the assassination of the president really set its tone. Col Ryan of course his best team (Jonas' team) to look for the president elect. It's action packed and full of surprises in woods. While the wives were being escorted and received new IDs, nobody had an idea what's happening. Until Ryan explained that they were being watched by the people who attempted the assassination. They soon left Fort Griffith and relocated to CA.
  • Just watch it yourself!

Cleverly original, all characters well played and a new interesting plot. I won't spoil any part of the episode but what a great way to start the new season after a long break. I was worried at first that the series wouldn't continue after the writers strike. But I'm glad to see that some good shows continue. I must say, The Unit has jump started this season with a rocking episode. The drama isn't overdone while the action is (as always) amazing. I can't wait to see what happens to the unit and their family next. Stay tuned every body!
  • The Vice President is killed.

No words that I can type will do this episode justice. The Unit has been flying under the radar for too long and I am sure that after this episode things will change. The term series classic is the only attempt I can make to try and review this installment. It had everything, strong acting, an amazing storyline and plenty of action. The scenes with the women were also entertaining as well, something that is not always the case.

Dennis Haysbert gave another epic performance here tonight and the fact that he has not yet been nominated for an Emmy for this role is baffling. Scott Foley, Max Martini and Robert Patrick all were incredible as well.

It may be early but I do not see any other program topping the quality of this episode this week.
  • Great episode of the season!

This is a great episode of the season. As both the men and their wives have to make a sacrifice. To protect themselves and their country. The men are trying to protect the Presdient elect and the VP elect as the two are being targetted for assissination. While the women must make their own sacrifice. Trying to put new names and everything for them and their children. At first, didn't like the way that they were treated. But otherwise, they had to do what they had to do to survive. Have a love-hate relationship with Coloniel Ryan. Good soldier but a lousy human being. Hope the unofficial member of the Unit, a woman will become a full-time character as I like her so far.
  • An attack on the President, Vice President, the President elect and Vice President elect is the start of this season along with the fact the wives have been compromised. Wow.

The first scene the shoot em up at the pool was standard for the series. The new member stripping down to her bra and booty shorts made it interesting. Then the whole world explodes.
    While this episode was good TV, it could be a how to manual for terrorists just like the Tom Clancy book was for 9/11. I hope this scenario never happens.
    The rescue was great, especially when Jonas says, Someone say something memorable as this is our last stand.
    I thought this was the best episode in a long while and was a slap in the face to remind me why I watch this series. After all the mediocre shows on TV, this one rocks.

• great premiere

Jonas and the team are back and the episode starts strong with Jonas and the team on a mission and we meet a new lady...I actually like how they defend bringing a female into the unit. I was skeptical at first, but having a female because the enemy kows there are no females in the unit - that will make things interesting. The team then goes off to save the vice present and the succeed. I loved when they were trapped in the house and set everything up to kick the bay guys' butts. Jonas and Charlie getting blown up was pretty intense - but they seemed to recover quickly because Jonas had no signs of injury when he went to see his wife. Anyways, the other story line is that someone is targeting families and so the unit families have to move and change identities for safety. Yet another story line is that Mack figures out about Ryan and his wife - this should be interesting in the future. Overall, great introduction of several interesting story lines and I'm excited to see where this season is going.
  • A GREAT NEW START

The Unit starts this season by swinging for the fences. I thought last season although it started well was not the strongest (mostly because of the writer's strike). This episode promises that this season will be different from anything that we've seen before on The Unit. Filled with action from the poolboy scene at the begining to the going to the matresses scene near the end, this will hopefully get The Unit the credit it deserves. As usual Haysbert steals every scene he's in but unlike every episode before it I didn't go get a soda everytime the wive's storyline popped up. If you aren't following this season because of scheduling or if the lack of a season finale put you off. Find a way to watch this episode and get ready for hopefully what will be a game changing season.