The Unit

Side Angle Side

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Dec 18, 2007 on CBS

• This one not as great as it could have been.

I don't know if it was because of the writer's strike as it looked like this episode was poorly written. To me it lacked excitement. Nice little conflict with Jonas' past and how Col. Ryan's Bi^$# wife tried to blackmail him. I hope they collectively try to screw that woman over in future episodes. The underlying moral of this episode was how far is too far. When being in a covert unit like they are, how much can you take to insure that you and you family will be taken care of financially if something happens like during the season split. There seems to be a thin line of what can be allowed before you become criminal. As the MI5 agent dealt with explaining to Jonas his reasoning, he put Jonas on the spot and asked him what he has taken. Not really too sure the specifics of what the unit has taken from prior missions, but I say there might be an episode in the future where a conflict arises that has the members second guess themselves. Hope this writer strike ends soon so I can get back to watching some exciting TV.