The Unit

Sub Conscious

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Feb 06, 2007 on CBS

• Not perfect, but almost a classic.

Its difficult for me not to give this a 10. Its one of my favourite episodes as Kim is one of the main protaganists. Having her totting a H&K SMG would normally warrant such a mark!

As it is, its well written having two strong plotlines intertwining. Kims performance makes her apparent sixth sense feelings for the ongoing mission very credible. While the col. does a great job of being the foil of conflict for Bob and Kim. Meanwhile, even if the actual mission is low key, the close confines of the sub provide more adhesive to keep a viewer watching as the N Koreans and the sub-captain do their best to twart Jonas and the others.

What I loved most about this episode is the way Kim manages to turn things around and have the Col believe her, with the help of the army intell. medium. Especially poignant is the end scene where the ambulance and raven are such up a tree as Jonas and the rest of the unit bring their package to the pick up point. Those images, apparently surreal in the context of Kims dream are brought into perspective by that scene.

Definitely a great installment that should be watched.