The Unit

Switchblade

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Dec 21, 2008 on CBS

• The Unit searches for a President.

Barry Corbin on The Unit. It seems like such a perfect fit yet I was surpised when I saw him pop up as the driver for Charles.

This episode was respectable, but certainly not of the quality of some of the other classics we've seen this season. The scenes with Kim and Tiffy were pretty brutal and just not my cup of tea, but the field stuff with Jonas, Bob, Mack and Dr. Metz was great as usual.

I can see why The Unit feels the need to incorporate females into the show to maintain that gender's viewership, but the show would just produce such a stronger product if they were excluded. I don't mean to hate on the show though because it's still superior to the laggard FOX action show 24.
  • Intense episode with interesting storylines.

The episode started off with a few intense and, at the same time, funny (in a sense) scenes of the team gaining access to the embassy. The politician learns his lesson good in this episode which is as I'm sure what everybody was rooting for.

Betty Blue in the meantime has an encounter with a special woman with a very strange story, you get the feeling something isn't right and that feeling appears to be correct.

And the wives are nicely written in and without excessive drama, Kim is reunited with her children. Nicely done.

Overall this episode was a fine example of what The Unit has to offer; action, mixed with related and realistic drama.
  • The episode had it's good and bad points.

I was happy to see Kim finally meet up with her children, didn't realise Col. Ryan was a softy LOL. I have to admit I did think at first the mission the team were sent on was a Unit special, all set up to teach ' Dr Death ' a lesson after the previous 'botched' mission & getting Charles wounded, as for the Calito storyline I'm not sure what to make of it, at first I did think the girl was trouble and why travel to that particular aerodynamics business run by the team, my mind was changed when she and Charles got closer after the bar incident but when Charles got picked up by the girls ;ate fathers best friend and he acknowledged the guy who picked up Greys water bottle I knew there was something going on, also why was that room so secretive with all the monitors and keycode to the door.

Hopefully it's not left as a dead storyline and get's picked up in the next episode or two as I'm intrigued to know who this girl really is and if she is bad news doe's Molly and Grey know and trying to set her up.
  • Dr. Death's 'I don't know','What's going on' continued. Additional storyline was drawn out for Carlito after getting injured from last mission.

Bob was all over dr. death in any matters. Bob was so pissed to have dr. death around. He felt like babysitting a problem kid.

It's true that i didn't know one of those guys in the kitchen was the president. It was quite a surprise at the end. They really need to add one or few more members to the team. Look, Carlito got shot and relieved. Alpha team was down to 3 shooters if you don't count dr. death. Mack was overwatching one side of the building only. They were totally outnumbered.

Carlito has a HUGE part on this one. I do have a feeling that he is spying on something. Maybe that's why Col. Ryan was in town too? A huge hint that he's not revealing his real identity to the old man Carson. That old man scared the crap out of me! :O
    I think the bigger story behind what Carlito stepped into is not what it seemed. I bet there's more to it. I think Carlito will stay on that storyline for a few episodes like what Kim did. Unless there's a magical healer fall down from heaven Good job getting us hooked anyway.

At the end of the mission when a white sedan approached slowly I believe that guy came out of that toyota sedan wanted to reach in his pocket for a camera but not a gun. dr. death got so scared and had to spray his m-4. That's the funniest scene ever. Remember the look on jonas, bob and mack on the plane? hehe..

I do think that the title of this episode has nothing to do with the show. 'Into a trap' fits better on this one. LOL

This episode has a good mix of everything like I said. Now the storylines go 3 ways. More things/twists to keep us interested.